We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Learning from E

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    41

    Learning from E

    So far playing on E ive notice many things we lack in dwarrowdelf... Respect (duh). But its not just the way they talk they allow both sides to have 2 ops during the entire time from peak hour on there pvp which is 6pm EST to 1AM. They also allow 1v1's to occur every where and they dont camp rez a rez camp for them is 150m away from 1 shots at least. They also have more people then we do ofc we are a small server These are just some ideas and things ive notice while pvping on my rank 5 spider :P.... BTW in 1 day on that server you earn at least 15k renown at peak times. 2 days in and im also rank 6 already. Rank 11s rank in 7 days to rank 12 its hilarious :P
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/lotro/9/3/6/9/8/93698Jrizu.png[/img][/url]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    360
    No, 1v1's are not allowed anyplace. They are tolerated sometimes, but you will notice more and more that they will get genked unless they are at old SoP.

    And yes, BAOS are not allowed to go above the C in Coldfells on the map.
    [CENTER]Gourdies-R9 Defiler - Zaknafeinz-R9 Defiler & Roudy-R11 Warg, Dwarrowdelf
    [/CENTER]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pickerington/Nelsonville ohio
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by flithyrich View Post
    So far playing on E ive notice many things we lack in dwarrowdelf... Respect (duh). But its not just the way they talk they allow both sides to have 2 ops during the entire time from peak hour on there pvp which is 6pm EST to 1AM. They also allow 1v1's to occur every where and they dont camp rez a rez camp for them is 150m away from 1 shots at least. They also have more people then we do ofc we are a small server These are just some ideas and things ive notice while pvping on my rank 5 spider :P.... BTW in 1 day on that server you earn at least 15k renown at peak times. 2 days in and im also rank 6 already. Rank 11s rank in 7 days to rank 12 its hilarious :P
    A few things wrong with this actually, first off, there is a ton of rez camping (maybe not as of late) but over the 3 or 4 months ive been there it has been a few rez camps. Especially when RoR came out, creeps sat and camped rezzes and GV for hours and days at length....and still do sometimes. And rarley do both sides have 2 ops, since E is a creep majority server they normally have all the keeps and at least 3 ops. until Apex or The Apocalypse comes out to take some stuff back. And trust me, this server has its trolls and disrespectful people as well. Im not going to name anyone but its mostly on freepside, creepside works way better together on E than anywhere else. they communicate and generally have respect. But some of the freeps have this strong Elitist attitude towards one another and feel the need to degrade each other on a daily basis. But in all the community is a good place, lots of tight knit kins out there. Elendilmir has def. taught me a lot about my class and has made me a much better player. Just watching some of the other champs has helped me learn a little more about my class. The action has been a little stale ever since the passing of sylidor but it is slowly picking back up with new leaders showing up. If there are people on dwarrow who are serious about pvp I would suggest come over and take a look, plenty of players and fights to keep you entertained. Dwarrow is really lacking on that, just visited a few days ago and it was dead for hours....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0421600000010ce46/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Sylidor, you were the best raid leader freepside, we all love and miss you. R.I.P.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    70
    I'm sorry, but can we just leave DD alone? I'm happy you guys are happy on another server, but clearly there are plenty of people happy with how pvp works in DD right now. It seems like things are a bit more serious on E, but there are two things:

    1. The type and style of pvmp will reflect the community at large; pvmp on E will reflect the types of people on that server, and the pvmp on DD will reflect the types of people on this server. Talking about how things are more organized, respectful, and eventful reflects more on the community than on personal player choice. People have certain predispositions about who they are and how they play, and how these single personalities mesh to create a community will be a more accurate predictor on how the game is played rather than it just being a simple choice. In addition, if a handful of people choose to change how they play in the moors, it will not radically change everything to be magically better (or worse).

    2. Posting on these threads is not going to change anything at all. People read them, consider them, and then typically dismiss them. If people wanted the type of pvmp that is found on E, they would go there - as you guys have. It almost comes across as more of a "look I told you it was right to try a different server" than "I really want to help pvmp on DD." You were split between staying with the community you were familiar with, and "superior" pvmp. You chose the latter, and posting on these threads about how you feel vindicated in your decision is not going to make any change on the server you left.

    DD pvmp will continue to be dictated by the natural course of events that it always has been, so please stop insulting our intelligence with all of these "lessons" from other communities. If you want feedback from us about how yes, you were right to try another server, just be open with it.

    btw, filthyrich, this is not targeted at you - mostly the people who have posted on this topic a few times before.

    /end rant
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000fbcfe/signature.png]Revanlonglegs[/charsig]
    "Videogames take no skill, if they did, no one would play" - a player on creepside DD

  5. #5

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Revanrecast View Post
    I'm sorry, but can we just leave DD alone? I'm happy you guys are happy on another server, but clearly there are plenty of people happy with how pvp works in DD right now. It seems like things are a bit more serious on E, but there are two things:

    1. The type and style of pvmp will reflect the community at large; pvmp on E will reflect the types of people on that server, and the pvmp on DD will reflect the types of people on this server. Talking about how things are more organized, respectful, and eventful reflects more on the community than on personal player choice. People have certain predispositions about who they are and how they play, and how these single personalities mesh to create a community will be a more accurate predictor on how the game is played rather than it just being a simple choice. In addition, if a handful of people choose to change how they play in the moors, it will not radically change everything to be magically better (or worse).

    2. Posting on these threads is not going to change anything at all. People read them, consider them, and then typically dismiss them. If people wanted the type of pvmp that is found on E, they would go there - as you guys have. It almost comes across as more of a "look I told you it was right to try a different server" than "I really want to help pvmp on DD." You were split between staying with the community you were familiar with, and "superior" pvmp. You chose the latter, and posting on these threads about how you feel vindicated in your decision is not going to make any change on the server you left.

    DD pvmp will continue to be dictated by the natural course of events that it always has been, so please stop insulting our intelligence with all of these "lessons" from other communities. If you want feedback from us about how yes, you were right to try another server, just be open with it.

    btw, filthyrich, this is not targeted at you - mostly the people who have posted on this topic a few times before.

    /end rant
    This
    +rep
    Keorl of Dwarrowdelf - 105 Captain Rank 10
    Erkenwald of Dwarrowdelf - 100 Hunter Rank 3
    Salvar of Dwarrowdelf - 65 Guardian Rank 2

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    360
    I have always suggested people test out something before they move to it. When Shap wanted to transfer his WL, I STRONGLY advised against it.

    Dwarrowdelf is great, I have always loved it. The problem with DD is the population. If you only have about 70 freeps playing PvMP and 100 creeps, it can be a bit hard to find people to play with that match your style.
    And when you have a select few freeps who want to ruin the fun of others, who really cares? The other 50 freeps are not going to do anything about it. Try that in a large community, and the lash back is considerable.

    Not everyone can play in Dwarrowdelf's peak PvMP time. Where does that leave the rest who log in during off peak times? Bored is what. A larger server PvMP base gives you the opportunity to log in at almost any time, and find action and battles.

    And during DD's peak time you have what, 10 freeps out? Maybe 15? If only ONE of those are a exploiter/cheater then it skews the % of fun. Do the same on E when there are 40-60 freeps out and it really doesn't matter if 1 is cheating, does it. Nobody has time to care, because there is so much to fight.

    Fact is, Dwarrowdelf is a GREAT server/community. But the PvP is dying, and it is the community that is killing it. In almost 3 years of playing on Dwarrowdelf I have NEVER seen so many talk about leaving, and actually doing it.

    If you can't see the signs, open your eyes.
    [CENTER]Gourdies-R9 Defiler - Zaknafeinz-R9 Defiler & Roudy-R11 Warg, Dwarrowdelf
    [/CENTER]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    314
    E is a great server I agree, alot of action, wide range of people, I dont like to say this but I kinda agree that pvp here is dying on dwarrowdelf, alot less people out on freep side, mainly left I believe because they cant kill creeps casually anymore.. when they do get some they have to wait on people who have high ranked creeps to lead them (get your own leaders!!!),, really getting dull, but am here and will try to remedy it best I can on my side.
    Shapcidrat SoM-RoR

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pickerington/Nelsonville ohio
    Posts
    148
    What Shap said.

    With this update it has set into action the need for more grouping/raids and less solo/duoing. Yes in certain hours it is possible to solo and duo but withthe creeps buff when RoR came out and the new OP system it is hard to pvp on a small server. Dwarrow from my experience never had a ton of pvpers, it is mainly a small community with little to no raid leaders. With this new pvp system small servers are dying and the bigger servers are growing. this isnt really the players fault its just the way the game is going right now. Hopefully in the future dwarrow will grow again.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0421600000010ce46/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Sylidor, you were the best raid leader freepside, we all love and miss you. R.I.P.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15
    You shud try crick. I started playing at halfway to r10 and ranked in 6 days. The server is the size of DD if not smaller and yet its easy to get the same as a larger zerg happy server. Also i cant imagine much respect occurring between the current freeps and creeps of dwarrow. At least some players (including myself) who troll and cj 24/7 either quit or xffered. GL dwarrow
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21601000008ac74/signature.png]Slyco[/charsig]
    Glorahealz~R9 Filer~Elendilmir// Gloraburz~R7 Warg~DD// Lugoburz~R7 BA~DD// Overthere~R6 WL~DD

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by New_Requiem View Post
    when they do get some they have to wait on people who have high ranked creeps to lead them (get your own leaders!!!)
    Meh, that's usually only Torkqy (sorry if I misspelled your name). When I'm out on my hunter I usually make and lead groups unless there's someone out more capable than me. Unfortunately still can't go freepside due to my laptop is still being repaired. But you can bet that when I get it fixed I'll be out there on my hunter like I used to be, if not more. Gotta step up with Ata gone :P
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy12410 View Post
    But you can bet that when I get it fixed I'll be out there on my hunter like I used to be, if not more. Gotta step up with Ata gone :P
    Yay...can't wait!

    Ok, I agree with the posts above that at the moment we seems to haven't so many freeps out. Slightly after RoR anyway we had some fun with great raid vs raid and even the last week was cool. I ranked from 0 to 9 in two and half months playing mostly from 11am to 3pm server time which is not the peak time I think (I'm from Italy).
    I'm against open a topic like "-servername- has the best pvp ever or -servername- is better than DD", while I can understand a topic like "DD pvp sucks"...I mean let's talk about it, about DD pvp and how we can improve/save it, but without comparison with other servers if this is not constructive
    Keorl of Dwarrowdelf - 105 Captain Rank 10
    Erkenwald of Dwarrowdelf - 100 Hunter Rank 3
    Salvar of Dwarrowdelf - 65 Guardian Rank 2

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by StileMajere View Post
    I have always suggested people test out something before they move to it. When Shap wanted to transfer his WL, I STRONGLY advised against it.

    Dwarrowdelf is great, I have always loved it. The problem with DD is the population. If you only have about 70 freeps playing PvMP and 100 creeps, it can be a bit hard to find people to play with that match your style.
    And when you have a select few freeps who want to ruin the fun of others, who really cares? The other 50 freeps are not going to do anything about it. Try that in a large community, and the lash back is considerable.

    Not everyone can play in Dwarrowdelf's peak PvMP time. Where does that leave the rest who log in during off peak times? Bored is what. A larger server PvMP base gives you the opportunity to log in at almost any time, and find action and battles.

    And during DD's peak time you have what, 10 freeps out? Maybe 15? If only ONE of those are a exploiter/cheater then it skews the % of fun. Do the same on E when there are 40-60 freeps out and it really doesn't matter if 1 is cheating, does it. Nobody has time to care, because there is so much to fight.

    Fact is, Dwarrowdelf is a GREAT server/community. But the PvP is dying, and it is the community that is killing it. In almost 3 years of playing on Dwarrowdelf I have NEVER seen so many talk about leaving, and actually doing it.

    If you can't see the signs, open your eyes.
    Gotta say Roudy, a lot of the time it feels like you just post hateful stuff towards DD :P, but this was a very nice take on whats going on, coming from a veteran. It paints the picture of our PvP very well.

    I think a lot of us are running into the same problems, and don't know what to do. I don't plan on transferring soon (well, we'll see ), but DD's PvP needs a LOT of help. :/
    [COLOR=#E8901C]{Evogrin R11 warden} {Evogash R9 warg} [/COLOR][COLOR=#347c2c]+wayy too many others R6-8! Though I do not play lotro anymore, thank you to everyone who made this game so much fun all those years! God bless![/COLOR]

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload