We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Roleplay

Roleplay

Can anyone tell me all they can about roleplay on this server? I am looking for either a kinship, or am willing to create my own and build up the RP on the server. Those interested in the latter option, make a toon and whisper me. Thanks in advance.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000336707/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The only RP on this server is the Trolls in GLFF... Try Landroval, you won't like it here...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000006edfa/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by peanuticus View Post
    The only RP on this server is the Trolls in GLFF... Try Landroval, you won't like it here...
    vedui'

amin beg a' differ yassen mani lle ier saying Peanric.

amin am an edhel ar' il' amrun iire i kuile amin put no my pointy ears, collect my wandil ar' sit ndu a' lotro a' nuquerna i' forces en' Mordor.

(Translated: Greetings, I beg to differ with what you're saying Peanric. I awake every morning and put on my pointy ears, collect my staff and sit down to Lotro in my battle with the forces of Mordor)

I also walk around the house speaking in Elvish just as I have done here,,,ask anyone, roll playing on Dwarrowdelf is alive and well. It took me ages to re-create the Bard Guldur shoulders in real life and i've gone through a few sets because the back of my computer chair isn't too kind to them,,but I persevere to make the most out of my Lotro experience.

Bring on the roll playing in Dwarrowdelf.

Nah, sorry,,I can't carry on with this,,,I'm just trolling Pean was right,,,,Do people really do this?

I would like to have a chat with someone who really does think they're a Hobbit/Dwarf/Elf etc. I like getting into peoples heads and seeing what makes them tick. I think a majority of the people I play with take this game pretty seriously and probably a little too far at times, but to the point of actually pretending to be an Elf/Dwarf/Hobbit,,can't say I've seen too much of that here yet but that isn't saying I wouldn't like to. I'd love to be trolled in Elvish or Dwarvish.

The furthest I've ever seen it go is I have one particular friend who is a lovely person who refers to me as 'Sir' quite regularly which is quite strange because all my toons are smokin hot chicky babe elves.

But anyways bro,,,I'm sure there'll be a lot of off the wall peeps around here that will jump on the chance to get into a little bit of RP with you as they make their way through Middle Earth. I hope they do anyways, would love to see glff become something more than it is at the moment.

Good luck to you on your quest to try to turn the people on this server into crazy peeps,,,hang on a sec No need for you to do that, we're all totally nutz already

But as I said, good luck my friend.

Swellard Melon to you and May Govarnen to your family,,,just be careful of the Cun Anun at night and you are probably not equipped yet to travel into the depths of Khazard Dum,,,even if you have all the level 85 gear, a bunch of 1st and 2nd agers and maxed virtues,,that Dwarf will still tell you that you are ill equipped to venture into Khazad Dum so keep on looking for whatever it is you need to be equipped,,,and when you find it let me know.

Zub
    Last edited by ZiggyWiggy; Dec 15 2012 at 10:11 PM.

Oh Zub, your forums posts never cease to make me laugh I recall you actually RPing a little in vent before

But anyways, to the guy who started this thread (can't remember your name lol) there isn't much RP on Dwarrowdelf that I know of. I'm guessing it's just kind of a Kin thing, joining the right one that does RP (I know there are some on this server that are heavy in RP, just gotta find em).

Jon
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyWiggy View Post
    Bring on the roll playing in Dwarrowdelf.

Nah, sorry,,I can't carry on with this,,,I'm just trolling Pean was right,,,,Do people really do this?

I would like to have a chat with someone who really does think they're a Hobbit/Dwarf/Elf etc. I like getting into peoples heads and seeing what makes them tick. I think a majority of the people I play with take this game pretty seriously and probably a little too far at times, but to the point of actually pretending to be an Elf/Dwarf/Hobbit,,can't say I've seen too much of that here yet but that isn't saying I wouldn't like to. I'd love to be trolled in Elvish or Dwarvish.
    I wanna bite the troll!

It seems that "true" RP is a thing of the past. I think it was easier to RP when we didn't have screen blasting our thoughts to us, the time where we needed to use things such as brains.

But as far as believing to be an elf that would be fun, and good for the medical industry.

Anyhow remember that this server is the currently recommended one, so big influx of new players, many who seems quite interested in moderate role play.

Yesterday I had some problems with elite giants in Trollshaws so two level 20'ish kin members came to help. That didn't go so well so we went to the goblin town instead with quite a bit of misadventure. For me that is somewhat role play. We didn't separate OOC chat and probably pissed on the lore. But I thought it was fun.

So I think Dwarrowdelf is fine for RP. There is servers for the True RP Nazis who doesn't mind spending huge amount of time on lore and building their characters and dwarrow is surely not one of those, but shouldn't be any problem finding people.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyWiggy View Post
    It took me ages to re-create the Bard Guldur shoulders in real life and i've gone through a few sets because the back of my computer chair isn't too kind to them,,but I persevere to make the most out of my Lotro experience.
    Lol!! Zub I have not laughed that hard in a long time, thank you sir. I kept reading those couple lines over and over thinking to myself..."Really?!" before I read on and saw that you were joking. That bit about moria was awesome as well. +rep for that lol.

Back on topic though, most of the people here on the forums are very raid/community active, but do not participate in much RP. That is not to say that there is none on the server, however. I would suggest asking in OOC channels to see who is around that may be interested.

And one final note, directed toward the people who have said anything negative towards RP'ing... I bet that 90% of the people here act slightly differently in game, then in RL. And besides, we run around as hobbits, dwarfs, and elfs when in fact we are all just people behind computer screens hanging out with friends, family, and enemies :P.... So, are not we all "role-playing" to a degree? :P

Anyways, I just ran out of Old Toby, and 2nd breakfast awaits. So I am off. Good day friends of middle earth!
    [COLOR=#E8901C]{Evogrin R11 warden} {Evogash R9 warg} [/COLOR][COLOR=#347c2c]+wayy too many others R6-8! Though I do not play lotro anymore, thank you to everyone who made this game so much fun all those years! God bless![/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Agost View Post
    And one final note, directed toward the people who have said anything negative towards RP'ing... I bet that 90% of the people here act slightly differently in game, then in RL. And besides, we run around as hobbits, dwarfs, and elfs when in fact we are all just people behind computer screens hanging out with friends, family, and enemies :P.... So, are not we all "role-playing" to a degree? :P

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Agost again. QQ.

Definitely agree with this Evo. To everyone on here, you cannot tell me you have not had one of those moments while playing that you quoted someone from LoTR and actually tried to RP with fellowship/raid/kin members. I would be lying if I said I haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by Agost View Post
    Anyways, I just ran out of Old Toby, and 2nd breakfast awaits. So I am off. Good day friends of middle earth!
    LOL. Oh Evo, you're starting to act like Zub! XD
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]