We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Plugins not Running

Hi folks,

So I wasn't sure where to post this so apologies if it should be in the Plugins section.

Basically, I have managed to get LOTRO running on my Mac well and its running very smoothly. However I can't get the plugins to work. I have used the Plugin Compendium to install them and the Plugins are all located in ~/Documents/<LOTRO FOLDER> where I have read they should be.

When I go onto the Character Selection Screen and click the Manage Plugins icon there are no plugins in the list. Does anyone know of anything I might be able to try to get over this problem? It's quite annoying as I used plugins easily when I played LOTRO via Bootcamp.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That folder is the folder used on Windows, not Macs. The Plugin Compendium is not configured to install them in the correct place on Macs.

Try ~/Library/Application Support/com.turbine.lotroclient/Plugins

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    That folder is the folder used on Windows, not Macs. The Plugin Compendium is not configured to install them in the correct place on Macs.

Try ~/Library/Application Support/com.turbine.lotroclient/Plugins
    Spot on. I just install plugins directly to that folder. One thing to consider;

In OS X 10.7 Lion on, the Library directory is hidden by default in the Finder. To view it do the following;

1. In the Finder select Go from the menu bar (top left of main window) and then press and hold the ALT key to reveal the User Library. Navigate to the folder from there.

Or;

1. In the Finder select Go from the menu bar (top left of main window) and select Go To Folder...

2. copy/paste the above path and click GO which will bring you directly to the folder.

There is another folder called PluginData which is not the correct one to install into. If there is no Plugins folder existing just make on with that name.

The com.turbine.lotroclient is basically the Mac equivalent of the Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online folder on the PC and holds the lotro.keymap file, any lotroclient.log files you enable, the two Plugins folders and screen shots.