We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Please Help

Please Help

After finally being able to install and update LOTRO for mac and waiting for the game to update etc as i sign in and then attempt to log on to a realm i get a message pop up saying "internal error occurred please contact customer support" and then the game closes please help I've been trying to download and play the game for about 3 days and finally thought i cracked it only to have this message pop up at the last hurdle.

This is not a question for these forums. This is a question for the program developers you used to install it onto your MAC. From an IMAC user's perspective partition a section of your hard drive just for gaming with BootCamp. Get a copy of windows and go that route. This is a Windows game and even if you figure out how to make it work... The next update or expansion could send you right back to where you are now.

Have to give u some hope as im running Lotro on my bit "old" iMac and it works like angel with the new mac-client u can get downloaded from the main page of Lotro...

If u get problems id recommend going through turbines technical faq-sections and find help there...

Sorry that dont have the right answer fer yer problem, can just point a direction

as a side note - i had to upgrade to mountain lion to make the mac-client to work...

Sorry for posting here, new to forums and had no idea were to post. Thanks for your help, i installed mountian lion as i have tried numerous times to install the mac client direct from the LOTRO website as well as a the unofficial version but none have worked it seems i am not destined to play this game, shame because i was looking foward to getting back into a mmorpg since swg.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamz43 View Post
    This is not a question for these forums. This is a question for the program developers you used to install it onto your MAC. From an IMAC user's perspective partition a section of your hard drive just for gaming with BootCamp. Get a copy of windows and go that route. This is a Windows game and even if you figure out how to make it work... The next update or expansion could send you right back to where you are now.
    There is an official mac client now (may still be considered beta, not sure).

I do think it it installs pointing at the beta server instead of the live servers. A quick browse at the mac support forums, I don't see anything.

I would ask there OP.