We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Mac Equivalent of Num-Lock

I'm trying to change my character's speed, which I heard I can do by pressing num-lock. Mac's don't have that on their keyboard, so I was wondering what their equivalent was? Or what key is pressed on a Mac so my character can walk instead of run?

Thanks!

When the game is running. Go into options. Select the keymap. Find the mapping for run / walk toggle.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SprenkledDonuts View Post
    I'm trying to change my character's speed, which I heard I can do by pressing num-lock. Mac's don't have that on their keyboard, so I was wondering what their equivalent was? Or what key is pressed on a Mac so my character can walk instead of run?

Thanks!
    As Yula indicates you can set movement speed to whatever key you prefer. Just go to:

Options > Key Mapping >

See this image for the default Mac Key Mapping section for Movement;

Then here you can set the Lock Run Forward which acts like you hold the W button all the time, which I use for running/riding around.

Walk Mode will do as it says and make you go at Walk speed. Careful not to set this to anything easily hit as it will be annoying to suddenly go slow unintentionally (I use a modifier key like CTRL+W) Just press W again to run.

On the Mac it is a known bug that some keys show as Unknown which are often the PC specific keys like Num-Lock and why Walk Mode shows as Unknown. Just set them however you like. I think some modifier key combinations and certain keys don;t work is the only thing to be aware of. Also F-Keys will not work in the same way as the PC as they are by default keys for Mac stuff. You can set them to act as F-Keys like on a PC by either;

1. Pressing the fn (Function) key at the same time as the F-key.

2. In Preferences > Keyboard > select all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys.

If you do 2. it means not having to press fn key but you lose the native Mac function unless you then press fn which makes that work.
    Gaspard Strongpole - Hunter on Eldar : Mac Player - iMac/27-inch, Late 2013/ 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5/ 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB/OS X 10.10.5

And remember to /bug it; the default key bindings in the Mac version should all use keys that exist on an Apple keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by SprenkledDonuts View Post
    Not num-lock... that's the default (in windows) for constant forward motion.

The default key to toggle walk/run is "Insert" -- depending on which Mac keyboard you have, it simply "works."
    I happen to use a Logitec 101 key Keyboard (Like the old Mac "flat-top") -- which has the built in keypad.

(I think on the flat-top, the "num-lock" key is labeled "clear".
    Last edited by Valamar; Dec 14 2012 at 05:53 PM.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (91)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)