We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Recently downloaded Mac Client on steam. Failed to queue for server (0x80004005)

Hey, Old player of Lotro, but stopped playing a few years ago. Now that i have a Mac i was unable to play. When i found out about the recent release of the Mac client via steam i jumped to try it again.
    But i only get the error Failed to queue for server (0x80004005) every time i log in. I have tried multiple servers and still get the error (Trying to get on my old server Snowbourne). I'm wondering if the problem might be location in that i now live in Japan. I was wondering if there is any way to resolve this so that i can play?
    Last edited by Anaranas; Dec 12 2012 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaranas View Post
    Hey, Old player of Lotro, but stopped playing a few years ago. Now that i have a Mac i was unable to play. When i found out about the recent release of the Mac client via steam i jumped to try it again.
    But i only get the error Failed to queue for server (0x80004005) every time i log in. I have tried multiple servers and still get the error (Trying to get on my old server Snowbourne). I'm wondering if the problem might be location in that i now live in Japan. I was wondering if there is any way to resolve this so that i can play?
    It is not clear what this error indicates. I have gotten it at random times, but not repeatably.

I assume that it has to do with accessing the actual server addresses.

Check the log file "<userid>/Library/Logs/LotroLauncher.log" it may give some clue. (But usually does not.)

This article from the Turbine Knowledge base may help... but isn't particularly relevant to OSX.
    http://support.turbine.com/link/port...in-Error-50000.

It is also possible that you have a firewall issue with your ISP -- check your router: UDP ports 2900-2910, 9000-9010 need to be open.

Also make certain that you have a Steam download LATER than 3PM on 8 December. When Steam first released the download they had the wrong client. By 3pm the next day it was definitely fixed.

Other than that submit a ticket (not a /bug) to Turbine Support.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    It is not clear what this error indicates. I have gotten it at random times, but not repeatably.

I assume that it has to do with accessing the actual server addresses.

Check the log file "<userid>/Library/Logs/LotroLauncher.log" it may give some clue. (But usually does not.)

This article from the Turbine Knowledge base may help... but isn't particularly relevant to OSX.
    http://support.turbine.com/link/port...in-Error-50000.

It is also possible that you have a firewall issue with your ISP -- check your router: UDP ports 2900-2910, 9000-9010 need to be open.

Also make certain that you have a Steam download LATER than 3PM on 8 December. When Steam first released the download they had the wrong client. By 3pm the next day it was definitely fixed.

Other than that submit a ticket (not a /bug) to Turbine Support.
    Checking the Steam Mac LOTRO client download on Steam it was still the bloated 36GB+ file so assume it still contains both Mac & PC versions. or do you mean the enclosed Mac client?

Leaving it up still and the erroneous system requirement info is not great.
    Gaspard Strongpole - Hunter on Eldar : Mac Player - iMac/27-inch, Late 2013/ 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5/ 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB/OS X 10.10.5