We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Club Eclair: Second Servings

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING REGARDING BINGO:
    Purple named quests will give us XP when completed. They did not shut off XP gain from those quests as they did for fighting purple named foes. You can read about my mini test here.
    Second Servings' Schedule: (All times, servertime/ET)
    Weekly Meet Ups:
    Sun: 2pm | Tues: 7:30pm | Wed: 3pm
    Every Thur at 9:00p, the Concerning Hobbits folk throw a party at the Burd n' Baby as well. So if ya want some downtime from adventures, it's a fine opportunity.

Recurring Meet Ups:
    - 1st Sat of each month: 6:30p Moot Meet at the Oak n' Barell, 4 Myrtle Court, Addernotch, Shire Homesteads (RP social)
    - 1st, 2nd Sat. of each month: 8:00p Good Deeds, meets at Musterin' Hill in MD (RP ok, adventure)
    - 3rd Sat. of each month: 6:30p Fellowship Discussion at Oak n' Barell, 4 Myrtle Court, Addernotch, Shire Homesteads--topic varies. (RP, with some OOC game speak)
    - 3rd Sat. of each month: 8:00p Craft Market in Bree near the Boar Fountain (social RP)
    - 4th Sat. of each month: 8:00p Instant Good Deeds [An Instance Deed night, which ESS folk cannot yet do. Feel free to bring any higher trainings smial folk you have.]

One Time Meet Ups:
    - Take a look at the Month a' the Chicken, also in this forum for various chickeny events.
    ===
    Trainings Cap is currently 20. 21 trainings folk with skills and equipment for 20 or less trainings are welcome to join at this time.
    ===

What is This all About?
    Club Eclair, Second Servings, is what one expects from a second serving of pie. It's another helping of what folks have come to expect from the original Club Eclair.

If you are unfamiliar with the original Club Eclair, you can read more about it here.

As with the first, so goes the second. The main difference is we dished out Second Servings two years after the original Club Éclair started.

If you: like what you read below; wanted to join the original Éclair but didn't have time then; are in Éclair and want to also join in a newer version with a new character; or have a between Second Servings and Éclair trainings character you'd like to dust off; please say so below!

~~~
    Club Eclair, Second Servings, is a planned newer club in which players can roleplay and interact on adventures and what happens around them as they increase their characters' trainings.

Second Servings shares Club Eclair's only two rules.

(1) To respect the trainings' cap (to keep everybody at the same level).

(2) To engage in "walk and talk" roleplaying adventure. The purpose of this group is to engage in the type of adventures that make for good stories.

Being a part of Second Servings

Second Servings started at a cap of 6th trainings - the level one leaves the introduction area. We started in January of 2015.

Players are to hold their characters at or below the trainings cap at that time - either by restricting their adventures/crafting or by using the XP disabler*.

Players can play as they like - together or apart - crafting or harvesting materials or playing music or what they please - with the agreement not to advance above the current cap until everybody is ready to advance.

Agreeing to progress at about the same rate allows us to have a group of characters at the same trainings, so if anybody wants to do anything that requires a group, there will be other group members at the same trainings that can participate.

For example, in the Shire, players could get together to run the Gift to the North. Later, at 15th trainings, a group can get together to explore Haudh Iarchith in the southern Barrow Downs - an elite barrow that would likely require a full fellowship at such a level.

Players can have more than one character in the group. For example, I plan on having a guardian and a minstrel. When other members of the group want help for a mission I can bring along either character depending on which better suits their needs and interests.

Players do not need to always play together at a particular place and time. Players can play their characters whenever they want - respecting the cap. The hope is that Second Servings will draw enough people that there will be somebody to help when somebody wants help, and there will be somebody to adventure with when somebody wants company.

Players do not need to worry if they need to drop out for a while. Unlike other types of clubs, the group is not "stuck" if some member cannot make it. When the missing player returns, he or she can catch up to the new cap and join on adventures just as before.

Players are encouraged to plan things that are of interest to them. Say you want to have a picnic, or crafting hour, or assist a certain hapless lad, or hunt down a nasty nemesis, or even maybe you'll have a busy week, and the only time you can head to the Barrows is a certain time and day. Post about it here or in our chat channel to help those things happen. The plans that I will propose are the basic plans, not the only plans to be made.

The Club-Eclair Channel

Communications will be through this forum (which will list the current Club trainings cap), and through an in-game private channel called Club-Eclair. (On Landroval, type /joinchannel Club-Eclair).

The Bounders of the Shire will remain closely associated with Club Eclair with a few Bounders being members, but one does not have to be a Bounder to be in Eclair.

If both clubs are using the channel to organize at the same time, Second Servings folks can type ESS or 2- at the beginning of their chat messages when needed for clarity.
    Last edited by Gaming_Gal; Aug 02 2016 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Updating Information

Nice!
    I am currently running with the original Club Eclair, but I joined them kind of late, so I missed doing all the early parts of the game "Eclair-style". This seems like a good opportunity to remedy that.
    I intend to create some new character to join up with. I also have some lower-level (lvl 15-20) characters that may join later on.

Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    Nice!
    I am currently running with the original Club Eclair, but I joined them kind of late, so I missed doing all the early parts of the game "Eclair-style". This seems like a good opportunity to remedy that.
    I intend to create some new character to join up with. I also have some lower-level (lvl 15-20) characters that may join later on.
    Excellent news! We might have already met on the Éclair channel. (Most likely with me as Daffodilia.)

If you have any queries or need a hand with anything as you prepare, let me know.
    Club Éclair-Second Servings members are at 20 trainings or below.
    I can't fit all my Tortoise Stone Bearers in my sig anymore.
    This August is our 7th Annual Month a' the Chicken on Landy!

I don't think I have anything resembling time to join in what free time I do have, but I just wanted to add here how very cool this is that you guys are still going after so long and doing it more! Good on you =)

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

I am very interested in this! I needed a reason to start a new character after getting one (close) to max, and this sounds very fun.
    At yer service
    [i]Brunalin - Dwarf Guardian, Brunafo - Hobbit Warden[/i]

Cabochon's Letters Home to The Shire

Dear Mommy (and Daddy),

I hope this letter finds you and Daddy well. First you should know that after a week of leaving home, I have not been eaten by a monster, kidnapped, or starving to death. The worst suffered so far has been fly bites and a little hunger now and then until I figured out how to trade for meals.

Daddy says his crop fields are "nature's pantry". Well, after a week I can tell you with no uncertainty that crop fields have no sharp cheese wheels, no blackberry jam, no salted beef delights, and especially NO PIE! (mushroom, blueberry, or any other kind) So growing up, I got used to the dinner table being set, and a real pantry nearby in case of missing a 5th or 6th daily meal. It makes me wonder if all those hungry hobbits wandering around the Shire are just tweens like me who never learned how to cook? A kind elf lass helped me out with meals (by the name of Coralyn I think, in case you want to check her references), but I will talk about that later, because it involves a Bounder investigation of sorts. No, she is not in trouble, and neither am I, but all in due time.

You used to say to all your school children that they could be anything they want to be when they grow up. Well you may not believe it, but I am all grown up now! And I am training to be a Bounder. But not just a Shire Bounder, but one for all hobbits, no matter where they live in Middle Earth. Well there are two things strange about that. Firstly, Bounders are usually boys, but there is nothing in the rules against Bounders being girls, it is just not all that common. And if it gives something for Lobelia Sackville-Baggins to gossip about, so much the better! Secondly, Bounders are called Bounders because they take care of problems inside the Bounds of the Shire. What happens outside the Bounds is "other folks problems".

Even though I pounted out that there are decent hobbit folk living outside the Bounds, I was told that they had a choice to live in the Shire, and they made their choice. So I volunteered to nobody in particular to serve those Out of Bounds hobbits. I even registered a kinship for such, all notarized and legal, called the Out Of Boundsers. I do not know, maybe that elf lass Coralyn will want to join my club, being as how she is a girl and training to be a Bounder, even though she is an elf, and maybe because she got pulled into that investigation, which I said would be talked about later, not you worry. The Bounders will still let me (or us) train so long as we promise to help out inside as well as outside the Bounds. They need all the help they can get, or so it seems.

And what do I do in my spare time? I am glad you asked. Well, when not looking for meals or practicing with my javelins or doing chores for hobbit folk, I am farming and whittling. Daddy gave me his green thumb, so no need to work hard at it. Just know when and how to throw seed, know when to check for water and weeds, know when to pull crops from the ground. I do not mind it really so it is worth sticking with as a hobby. Whittling I have my doubts about. The Bounders said that whittling is the very best hobby for wardens, but it seems a bother to be making things the way other folks want you to make them. What interested me more was being a Scholar, seeing as how Mommy is a teacher and all. I will stick to whittling, but may change depending on how things go.

Well this letter better stay short so it gets sent out soon and you both stop worrying about me.

You grown up little girl,
    Cabochon

[OOC] Cabochon is a hobbit warden, Level 6, started up for the beginning of the group Club Eclair - Second Servings. (Cornalyn is an Mirkwood elf Rune-Keeper, Level 10, who will join Second Servings when the level cap rises to 10.) The investigation mentioned involves a crime victim of Galdhron the Outcast's household, Galdhron being a Club Eclair character. Will the investigation pull a sensible Shire hobbit to beyond the Bounds? And what is yet another Mirkwood elf doing in the Shire? Only time and narration will tell...[/OOC]
    Last edited by Gladnagl; Dec 24 2014 at 03:03 PM.
    Gladnagl-Elf LM, Gerbil-Hob Burg, Hamskald-Dwf Guard, Mithlind-Hum Mini, Talarka-Elf Hunt, || Laurelin EN-RP -- For RP; Join Club Slotro; bit.ly/slowtro

Quote Originally Posted by Gaming_Gal View Post
    Excellent news! We might have already met on the Éclair channel. (Most likely with me as Daffodilia.)

If you have any queries or need a hand with anything as you prepare, let me know.
    We have indeed met on the Éclair channel.

I have several alts with various crafts, so I have all I need in terms of equipment.

I have a couple of questions:
    1) Why wait until the end of January before starting? I understand waiting until the holidays are over, but why not start mid-January?
    2) Where will we meet and start questing after having our characters leave the introductory areas? I assume we will later do quite a bit of bouncing back-and-forth between the starter regions, but where will we start?
    3) What times/days will there be scheduled meetings on, or won't there be any such?

I have several alts with various crafts, so I have all I need in terms of equipment.

1) Why wait until the end of January before starting? I understand waiting until the holidays are over, but why not start mid-January?
    Well, there is nothing to prevent a person from starting today.

Some have already started.

It would be interesting to have a subgroup start their adventures in an introductory region. A trio of dwarves can spend a month at Thorin's Hall before walking to the Shire.
    Meadowlarke Sweetweed on Landroval. Also nephews and Bounders Ayrhawk, Wrennsong, and Little Meadowlark Sweetweed
    Club Eclair roleplaying group on Landroval currently capped at Level 45 in eastern Angmar for all Shadows of Angmar end-game content (Alphred Troute, Hedgerow Shrewburrow).

Well I started on Saturday and I'm closing on level 30 tomorrow. I kinda overshot that level 6, might aswell catch that first group in Evendim.
    Elkarien's lotro-wiki RP profile: [url]http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/User:Elkarien/Elkarien[/url] | Yurdín Hammerbeard, dwarf guradian: [url]http://s24.postimg.org/c6z3yj1xh/yurdin_stance.jpg[/url]
    Many places I have been, Many sorrows I have seen, But I don't regret, Nor will I forget, All who took that road with me.

2) Where will we meet and start questing after having our characters leave the introductory areas? I assume we will later do quite a bit of bouncing back-and-forth between the starter regions, but where will we start?
    3) What times/days will there be scheduled meetings on, or won't there be any such?
    1) My RL work will be crazy busy until mid-late January due to a specific rare project that is an unusually voracious time eater compared to my normal schedule (which I am in the throes of even now). So it is in part that I was erring on the side of caution. I didn't want to be mostly unavailable right at our start since I'm the one putting out the call for Second Servings. I also wanted to give some time to get the word out and for RP preps for folks who might have a lot of holiday plans and thus couldn't be ready for an earlier January start. (They might need to grind some lemons for a new slot or class, for instance.)

2) My hope is that some of us can meet and "start" in the race based prologue epic areas in case they want to follow those chains for RP: Thorin's Gate/Celondim/Archet/Little Delving. Folks can pick whichever race based chain they want to follow if so. I know of one folk who has shown interest off forum that has a slightly above cap character that we will most likely meet in Bree later. We may have some more folks like that adding as time goes on. My goal right now is to see what we have to work with, as well as where folks want to begin their journey. Then I can put together an RP spark as needed to begin our adventure.

3) Depending on the Club members time zones/schedules, we should have some regular meeting times form out of that so folks will know when the best chance of other Second Servings folks will be around, and we can always schedule some regular meet ups, especially for fellow required content or larger scale RPs. The nice thing about the chat channel is that it allows you to easily find other Eclarians who might be about when you are in the mood to do something and want company, so we don't have to schedule ourselves to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post
    I don't think I have anything resembling time to join in what free time I do have, but I just wanted to add here how very cool this is that you guys are still going after so long and doing it more! Good on you =)
    Thank you very much for your encouragement! If a slice of time permits down the road, you are always welcome to act as temporary character as a merchant, wandering minstrel or what have you if you'd like that. Just let me know if you'd like/when that time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brunalin View Post
    I am very interested in this! I needed a reason to start a new character after getting one (close) to max, and this sounds very fun.
    Excellent news! I'll keep an eye out for you on the channel.

Don't forget to get your stone while it's on sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaming_Gal View Post
    Thank you very much for your encouragement! If a slice of time permits down the road, you are always welcome to act as temporary character as a merchant, wandering minstrel or what have you if you'd like that. Just let me know if you'd like/when that time comes.
    Oh, that does sound like a lot of fun! I may have to repurpose a character I rarely play...

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Dear Mommy (and Daddy),

Hopefully I did not scare you with my first letter home. That Bounder investigation I mentioned is much worse than I let on. So from this second letter, you may be scared for me if you like. It will still not change the fact that the investigation will proceed, with or without my help.

You two raised a Bolger, from a long Fallohide tradition, and we Fallohides are not timid travellers, nor shy about taking on challenges. I will be that Bolger to keep the problem outside the Bounds and not follow us to the Shire. All I can say so far is the matter involves bad dwarves of the likes we know around Needlehole (no, not Ulfar, he is one of the good dwarves). I will need to go to the home of the good dwarves at Thorin's Hall to investigate, but it is not like I am crossing the Anduin river or even the Brandywine.

Why me, and not some other, more senior Bounder? I am glad you asked. Firstly, getting a Shire hobbit to leave the Bounds is like trying to dig out a willow tree stump, roots and all. Getting me to leave the Shire is more like pulling weeds (well, excepting I belong in a garden and weeds do not). Secondly, I do not have a Bounder reputation to ruin with this mad adventure since my career has barely started. Thirdly, the investigation needs somebody completely impartial. What is more impartial than a hobbit who is never been there, wherever there is, does not know the people involved, whoever they are, and does not even know the whys and wherefores of the suspects? And fourthly, this is exactly the kind of investigation that the Out of Boundsers seek (except it probably does not involve hobbits, but that is a technicality). Since Cabochon, your's truly, is the only member of the Out of Boundsers, naturally the responsiblity falls on her shoulders!

I will have plenty to eat on this trip, since Cornalyn and I are swapping vegetables for cooked dishes. The folks sending me on chores have given rewards of good clothing and cloaks. Cornalyn thinks she can get us housing with the elves of Ered Luin when we are not being hosted by Thorin's Hall. Do not worry, both of you, it will all work out well.

Oh, and about the whittling, since I mentioned that in my last letter. The good folk of Michael Delving crafting services have declared me a Historian! That should go rather well with the Investigator title, don't you think? So that means no more whittling for other folk, but instead I get to piece together lost pieces of scrap text and make sense of them. You can think of it as a cross between putting together a jig puzzle and reading Daddy's handwriting. It also means the dwarves of Thorin's Hall will teach me proper how to forge weaponry. You never know, that might come in handy in a Bounder's career.

Well this second letter better stay short so that the third letter gets written sooner and makes you less afraid than the second letter will.

Cabochon
    Gladnagl-Elf LM, Gerbil-Hob Burg, Hamskald-Dwf Guard, Mithlind-Hum Mini, Talarka-Elf Hunt, || Laurelin EN-RP -- For RP; Join Club Slotro; bit.ly/slowtro

I just stepped back into the lands of Middle-Earth today and happened upon this thread -- what a lovely idea! It's great to know this kind of attitude still exists in LOTRO. I'd love to be a part of this!
    Aorric of Rohan - Warden
    Raffin Larch - Burglar
    Hapfast Heatherly - Minstrel
    Gwyllan Croft - Hunter

Hullo, everyone!

The non Middle-Earth work that's been keeping me away is just about wrapped up. Next week I'll be about more both here and on the channel.

I'll also post soon for my folk I'll be bringing in. Regarding posting IC in this thread, please feel free to write up/draw/whichever things like: snippets from a farmer notebook; a quilt pattern; contents of crumpled To Do list; blueprints of a new dresser; a limerick; et al. If there's something you'd like to share but haven't found the right RP time/situation in game to do so, post what works for you and your character here. (In another RP group I'm in, my character can barely write, so she scribbles out about three lines home on a piece of salvaged parchment. Then I usually add a brief paragraph hinting at her surroundings when she's writing it for filler and flavor.)

If anyone will be wanting company in a starter zone, please say so! Cindersoot will start in Little Delving, and with Anisata, I'm open to anywhere else that might be needed. I also have two filler folks who volunteered to wait in the wings in case we do 3 or more starter areas and there's a need for them.

Also, please give a shout out as to your time zone/playtimes. I am servertime (aka Bywater Time), but I keep odd hours, so I expect to see the Euro folk as often as the NA folks. I'm unsure if we have anyone from other regions yet or not.

If anyone has any queries, comments or suggestions, feel free to voice them here or on the channel.

Looking forward to this!

Medliadan: Report Upon My Arrival on the Outskirts of Bree

To: Hirhador, Chief Warden, Retainers of the House of Hurin
    Subject: Report Upon My Arrival on the Outskirts of Bree

Chief Warden Hirhador,

Having completed my journey from the Old Anduin Ford to the outskirts of Bree I now have the time to provide you with the report I promised. It was good to encounter you and your Company once again as you patrolled the wilds of Anduin. A fateful encounter that day but a welcome one! Your offer to become a scout for your Company was greatly appreciated and something I could finally accept. Having discussed it in the past with you numerous times I never had the approval of Elder Grimbeorn to leave my family's ancestral lands. That all changed with the arrival of the Wizard Radagast to my family's home the day before our chance meeting. Upon Radagast's insistence Grimbeorn agreed to send me as a messenger to warn the Wizards, Elves, dwarves, and Rangers of the North of the rise of a dark power once more. My first task was to seek out a Ranger named Aragorn who was rumored to be traveling through Bree-land and warn him not to face the dark power alone. Finally able to leave home and then only a day later coming across your Company in the wilds surely was a sign that Fate had smiled. I hope in the years to come that I can bring honor to you and to the House of Hurin with my faithful service.

As I told you about Radagast's request to warn the Free People of the North I was happy to see that it aligned so well with the desires of those we serve. The House of Hurin's need to scout the lands of the North and to gain reports about the situations found there. Here are the details of my first report: As I proceeded along the Old Forest Road to the West I heard rumors that Rangers could be found in and around Bree. Arriving today in the small village of Archet to the northeast of Bree-town I found that it had been attacked and nearly burnt to the ground by a group of local brigands named the Blackwolds with the help of evil Men of the North from Angmar. That the Ranger Aragorn had helped to rally its defense but had left for parts unknown before the attack started. Although the village was burnt the brigand's attack was successfully beaten back by the villagers but with heavy losses on both sides. Where the Ranger Aragorn is today I do not know but I've begun to track his path as I seek him out. He supposedly is in Bree but my efforts so far to find him have been fruitless. I've been told there are small detachments of Rangers in both the Shire and Ered Luin so unless I find something soon in Bree-town I plan to continue pushing westward.

Since I do not carry the traditional marks of my bloodline upon my face I have found it easy to blend in with the Bree-landers. I have moved from Archet on to a close by village named Combe and taken on the guise of a prospector and forester in order to not attract any undue attention. This will make my scouting activities much easier. For those that need to know of my true bloodline, well that time will come. It is not something I share with strangers and I do not use the Gift of my bloodline unless there is great need. For the time being I've apprenticed as an Explorer with the Combe village craftspeople and taken up the appearance and customs of those around me. As I learn more about the situations in the North I will dutifully report as I can.

Yours in Faithful Service,

Medliadan

[OOC]Playing a Beorning currently capped at Level 6 with plans to explore and quest in all the starter areas. The character is associated with a kinship group that is roleplaying one of the Gondorian High Houses. I'm in the Central US time zone so servertime minus an hour. Try to play daily in the evenings and on the weekends. I've been playing for over 4 years and have spent almost all my time at the low levels making numerous alts. Quests beyond the North Downs and almost all grouping opportunities will be new to me which is great. Looking forward to this![/OOC]
    Last edited by Tinalagos; Jan 04 2015 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Add OOC Comment

Brunafo's Declaration

Dearest Brother,

I have had enough! Enough I tell you! There is only so much one Hobbit can take! I am at my ropes end I tell you!

I am just so bored!

Do not misunderstand me! It is not you who I have grown bored with, it is merely my day to day of which drags on tirelessly. Each day we wake up, eat our breakfast, set up our easels and paint gardens! This is a fine living of course, do not mistake me, the paintings of gardens sell well amongst the well-to-do hobbits. But gardens brother! I am sick of it! Carrots, brocolli, cabbage, lettuce, berries, apples and plums! Again and again and again! No longer must I paint such mundane vegetables! I wish to paint the world brother. I want to paint mountains and forests and the goings-on of the big folk and I can't do that sitting around painting Mrs Bunce's new potato patch every year, year in and year out!

So, with much hesitation, thought, and the inklings of future regrets, I, Brunafo Burrows, declare my intentions to leave home and discover the world beyond. I know you could not possibly want to come with me, and I dare not ask you, but I must do this thing! I have left you the majority of my paints, papers and inks and have taken what I can carry with me. Oh, I have also taken great-grandfather's old shield and stick from the mantle piece (remember how father was always so proud he was at the Battle of GreenFields, there is not a scratch on this shield).

I painted this quick portrait so you don't forget what I look like!

Nervously,
    Brunafo Burrows

PS Good luck with Mrs Bunce's potato patch
    PPS I did not finish Mr Grunbo's pear tree painting. Tell him I wandered into the hills and have not returned.
    PPPS I took the rest othe pipeweed, sorry!

OOC, Brunafo is a lvl 6 Hobbit warden started for Club Eclair. I am on servertime but generally play in the evenings/late at night. I wish to start in Little Delving. /OOC
    Last edited by Brunalin; Jan 03 2015 at 06:47 PM.
    At yer service
    [i]Brunalin - Dwarf Guardian, Brunafo - Hobbit Warden[/i]

Hello Eclarian's!

I'm writting here to let you know that I would love to join to this adventure! I want to create a dwarf (name and class pendant) and I'm feeling curious about who will chose this path too and join them when all this start!.

I've never RP before and english is not my first lenguage so I may need some guidance and a little of patience, but I will put my best effort!

Apologize for my poor grammar lol.

See you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenske View Post
    I've never RP before and english is not my first lenguage so I may need some guidance and a little of patience, but I will put my best effort! Apologize for my poor grammar lol.

See you soon.
    Such things are easily handled in roleplaying. For example, play a dwarf who has spent his life deep in the mines, only talking to other dwarfs. The common tongue is not his first language. Any confusions and errors are now, themselves, in-character.

"Excuse me, lass. If you don't mind my asking. What is . . . Pie?"
    Meadowlarke Sweetweed on Landroval. Also nephews and Bounders Ayrhawk, Wrennsong, and Little Meadowlark Sweetweed
    Club Eclair roleplaying group on Landroval currently capped at Level 45 in eastern Angmar for all Shadows of Angmar end-game content (Alphred Troute, Hedgerow Shrewburrow).

Regarding language - you can even have fun roleplaying the misunderstandings that may come through operating in a second language. Or even for players for whom Westron is their first language, misunderstandings can easily happen.

For example, my human character from the Combe area was feeling nervous about killing other humans; brigands. She was afraid she was going to be charged with murder. When she found out that the Men of Bree had heard of her activities and that she had become "acquainted to the Men of Bree", she thought that meant a police force called the Men of Bree were going to arrest her! Only later did he discover it was an honor, not a warning.

Another of my characters, elven, blames misunderstandings on her "thick Rivendell accent".

Dear Mommy (and Daddy),

You both can breath easy now, as the investigation I mentioned in the second and first letters is now over. Case solved, bodies buried, and no assassin will follow us to the Shire!

Why would an assassin follow us to the Shire, were he still alive? I'm glad you asked. Well, the person he was after, and her whole household, moved from Thorin's Hall homesteads (were the murder was committed) to the Shire homesteads in the Dewbury neighborhood. The wrong person died, so the Dourhand avenging his relative's death died in dishonor. Still, I very much doubt his extended family heard of the failure and will try to continue the vendetta. And even if one did, I think we covered up our tracks to the new place pretty well. Well, as long as they do not get access to Thorin's Hall or Shire's public records, we are pretty safe. There is absolutely no reason to doubt, really, even though you are parents and will harbor fears on the smallest of concerns.

The household, which consists of Brohndotter, Cornalyn (Lyn), Cabochon, Galdhron, Medloth, Triwing, Twoing, and Twostep, rewarded me greatly for my service! Firstly of all, as you can see Lyn and I are now a member of their household at 1 Brookbank Street. You can come for tea anytime you like. Secondly, the dead man Brohnson deeded me his scholar materials (well his sister did, seeing how he died without a will and she was his closest kin, and they did not want to get lawyers invovled.). Thirdly, Twoing escorted me to Rivendell to the Scholar's Guild there to initiate my new membership. And fourthly, I was given permission by Dwalin's folk to exercise my Bounder duties within his lands, especially with regards to goblins and Dourhands.

Well, goblins and Dourhands there do not have much to do with Shire folk, but he honors my Honorary Shirriff credentials and deputizes me to hunt down these villains in the name of Thorin's Hall. If any hobbits do enter into disputes in Ered Luin (and I am not saying any live there, that we know of), I may be called in to represent their interests. So you see, it is an honor and duty without a whole lot of responsibility, something we hobbits excel at carrying out. And the risk to me is trifling, so not you worry! I only came close to dying once when too many goblins launched a counterattack outside of their stronghold, and it was only yours truly to hold them off.

Well you know the saying, "Safety in numbers?" I will see about getting more friends like Lyn to join me on these Out of Boundsers expeditions. They do not have to be members of my club either, just as long as we share the same common goals. If we take any cases involving hobbits inside the Bounds, I will be sure to pay you a visit. And if staying overnight, I will teach the others how to milk the cows before second breakfast. Nobody stays with a Bolger and escapes from doing chores, of course!

I will try to make the fourth letter more cheery. Until then...

Cabochon

Sunlight streamed in waves, shaped by the glass in the kitchen window. A plump lass with hair seemingly dusted by the ashes she was diligently sweeping abruptly stopped and leaned against her cornhusk broom. Save for recent dust stirred by her sweepings, the room overall was quite tidy. Her face was a bit pinched, as if concentrating in her recollection.

She pondered the dream she had the night before. She had found herself in some sort of dug out ground, but it wasn't a proper hobbit hole. Carved stones and tombs could be discovered as far as the eye could see, with more just around the next bend or raised torchlight's newfound reach. Some were in great chambers, some in little nooks and crannies, half buried in collapsed earth fallen on top of them. The entire place felt laden with history, rich in stories and objects to learn about. Scary things were there too, but she had felt safe despite that due to the company she shared, and her lantern bringing light to places scary things might hide. It wasn't the first time she had dreamed of such things, and, oddly, she found she wanted to dream of them again. She was just about to begin sweeping again when a shrill voice interrupted her with a start.

"CINDERSOOT! WHERE IS MY BREAKFAST?"

Cinnamia sighed gently, as if in habit for fear of discovery. She leaned her broom against the wall before calling, "I'll be right there!" Then she quickly pattered towards the tray she had laid out a short while ago. There was much to do before she would be sent out to run errands this day, so best to get done what needs doing.

((Cindersoot, as she is called by those she presently lives with, is a hobbit lass named Cinnamia by her mother, now passed on, from Little Delving. She dreams of a better life beyond the wee town where she grew up. Perhaps where her family came from before going to the Shire, with its dense woods and deep earthly scent, would be more welcoming. Perhaps if the right offer were to be made, she would leave Little Delving for good.))

Quote Originally Posted by Jenske View Post
    Hello Eclarian's!

I'm writting here to let you know that I would love to join to this adventure! I want to create a dwarf (name and class pendant) and I'm feeling curious about who will chose this path too and join them when all this start!.

I've never RP before and english is not my first lenguage so I may need some guidance and a little of patience, but I will put my best effort!

Apologize for my poor grammar lol.

See you soon.
    I'll chime in with others have said, we'll do our level best to help your Dwarf feel in good company. Looking forward to meeting you!

bunglerm00se: Welcome, please let us know what area you might be starting in, as I'm trying to organize a "first meet" per area.

Gladnagl: I am enjoying reading your letters. Looking forward to meeting.

Brunalin: Loved the painting. Looking forward to meeting.

Tinalagos: Anisata, though a hobbit, can easily meet in Archet, Combe, Staddle or Bree, as she is from Buckland. I'll be posting something up for her tomorrow.

ertr: Have you decided to make a character to start at the beginning with Second Servings? If so, please let me know which starter area you want to be in. I'm trying to co-ordinate starters so everyone has at least a few fellows to start with.

Laire: When you know when you want to bring in someone for whichever purpose, whether now or later do let me know. I look forward to it.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast