We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Assaults on good taste - Post your neighbourhoods aesthetic insults here

Does this sound familiar? After all the to and fro that comes with picking the "right" house, you've finally narrowed it down to a particular housing area and address. Excitedly you talk to the estate agent to see if there's a fitting neighbourhood available. Chapeau! You visit the location, luckily no direct neighbours so far, and sign the contract. You start decorating. One day you step out the door to admire your freshly planted Elm Tree but, lo and behold, instead of the lush hills you gaze at the ugly backside of a colossal stone tower, courtesy of the new Kinship next door.

Or the Deluxe property you have to pass day in day out on your way to the vendors with six of the same pieces of the ugliest dwarfen statue you can imagine. One of your neighbours graciously left them there before leaving the game for good.

I say: Let's have them here! Post your most atrocious neighbourhood abominations and maybe you'll even feel a little better next time you have to endure them with the certainty that it could all be a lot worse.

Wind-propelled Elven House, &&&?

Digside Alley. It's like a huge &&&&-sign right at the entrance of the neighbourhood, lol.
    Last edited by Scoff; Dec 11 2012 at 04:01 PM.

This thread is an assault on good taste.. Next time read the fine print before you purchase a house. Middle earth is a free will zone last I heard, what is bad taste to you may not hold true for your virtual neighbors. and if you don't want neighbors, don't move into a neighborhood? Hurting someone's feelings by posting screenshots of their virtual homes is in really poor taste. And before you get all snide, no those are not my homes, but If I chose to decorate them in that manner, I would. Give it a rest.

You cannot deny that, given the collection of available housing items, one can easily construct quite the out-of-place garden.

Still there's no need to 'name and shame', even if there's no actual naming involved.

But still some gardens just make one cringe. Or RP the place is populated by someone who has access to some really, really seriously strong kind of pipeweed.

Quote Originally Posted by melting View Post
    This thread is an assault on good taste.. Next time read the fine print before you purchase a house. Middle earth is a free will zone last I heard, what is bad taste to you may not hold true for your virtual neighbors. and if you don't want neighbors, don't move into a neighborhood? Hurting someone's feelings by posting screenshots of their virtual homes is in really poor taste. And before you get all snide, no those are not my homes, but If I chose to decorate them in that manner, I would. Give it a rest.
    +rep
    I hope OP you don't get treated the same way
    [url]http://eternalno0b9aming.tumblr.com/[/url]

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by melting View Post
    I totally agree with melting here. Even though you do not like the decorations of a house in your neighborhood, it is their choice and it is how they want their houses to look like. You do not have a right to judge them blindly and one sided and say that they do not have a taste because it is not your taste. Be more open and respectful for things like that as it might happen in real life as well.

Plus if you look at the op's second pic that was something on turbines part as the dig spots were on both sides of the road on a couple of different propertys.

[EDIT] Actualy all the propertys in the pic. Look at the home in the distance. You can see a dig mound by it.
    Last edited by Econn; Jan 03 2013 at 12:00 PM.