We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

WL dps is pathetic imo

Hey guys, i made a WL recently luv the class and r6 atm. The thing with the WL is they really lack of dps. I dont want uber dps skills i just wanna do my daily quests a little easier. Perhaps a stance like mini's WS can be added to WL's of course not with that opness but a stance that reduces the outgoing heal and adds a little dps.
    Last edited by Haladanras; Dec 11 2012 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haladanras View Post
    Hey guys, i made a WL recently luv the class and r6 atm. The thing with the WL is they really lack of dps. I dont want uber dps skills i just wanna do my daily quests a little easier. Perhaps a stance like mini's WS can be added to WL's of course not with that opness but a stance that reduces the outgoing heal and adds a little dps.
    That's supposed to be brawler, but instead it just adds a more utile survivability to the warleader. It's more of their tank stance than it is a damage stance.

I've gotta agree with that.
    The lowered cooldowns in Brawler's Stance are great, but it you'll still solo as slowly as a Sword and Board Guardian.

Unless you try something risky.

Warleaders are a Tank Healer Hybrid, so pull in a whole gang of enemies at once and take them down in one shot. We lack on the AoE damage department, but it's faster than one at a time and a whole lot more fun and engaging. The only downside is that if a freep finds you you're in trouble. To help with this, try to pick your location to allow yourself to swiftly disangage. For example, when you kill bears do it near TR (when red) or Orc Camp, and bring your herd of bears over to an orc who's outside the walls (or to the front door of TR) to get some extra killing power.

If something attacks go inside the camp or keep and focus on healing yourself while your NPC buddies put a dent in their morale bar. Just don't forget to tag the freep(s) with a shout!

Also, Shield Bash at rank 9 and the Command Post at Rank 7 do a lot to help with Warleader DPS.

And when you get truly tired of how small your damage numbers are, grab a Reaver. You'll soon be wishing for the other things your Warleader has.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000017ae5d/signature.png]Ugmog[/charsig]

Co-host and editor of [URL=www.throughthepalantir.blogspot.com]Through the Palantir[/URL].

Quote Originally Posted by Ivaneus View Post
    The lowered cooldowns in Brawler's Stance are great, but it you'll still solo as slowly as a Sword and Board Guardian.

Unless you try something risky.

Warleaders are a Tank Healer Hybrid, so pull in a whole gang of enemies at once and take them down in one shot. We lack on the AoE damage department, but it's faster than one at a time and a whole lot more fun and engaging. The only downside is that if a freep finds you you're in trouble. To help with this, try to pick your location to allow yourself to swiftly disangage. For example, when you kill bears do it near TR (when red) or Orc Camp, and bring your herd of bears over to an orc who's outside the walls (or to the front door of TR) to get some extra killing power.

If something attacks go inside the camp or keep and focus on healing yourself while your NPC buddies put a dent in their morale bar. Just don't forget to tag the freep(s) with a shout!

Also, Shield Bash at rank 9 and the Command Post at Rank 7 do a lot to help with Warleader DPS.

And when you get truly tired of how small your damage numbers are, grab a Reaver. You'll soon be wishing for the other things your Warleader has.
    Good vet advice here. Frankly Im enjoying the WL a lot its a great toon to play but unless you really go deep into damage for corruptions the DPS is really bad at lower ranks. However ranking is a hell of a lot faster these days then it was, it shouldnt take a half year investment of time to get to R9 for shield bash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivaneus View Post
    Agreed with the posts thus far. WL's are not the best build to be solo killing machines- so solo PVE is a bit painful. Duo-ing with just about any other class will increase your killing speed. Whenever I need to go on a killing spree my reaver is my first choice.

I found that by removing crit protection and stacking masteries (3-4 of each) along with exchanging class traits you can boost both your DPS and your heals somewhat but IMHO WLs are built for soaking up damage, buffs/debuffs and healing/rez our buddies.

At R6 for DPS all you can really change is to run with aura of command in brawlers stance.
    If you're not worrying about rez/heals to your buddies you can remove enhanced traits "Field Promotion" (bubble) and "On your feet" (rez) and replace with "damage boost" (3%?) and "shield mastery" (+50% damage to shield bash- if you have the skill) <MAKE SURE TO RE-TRAIT PRIOR TO GROUPING>.

As was stated earlier drop your banners at a friendly NPC, grab as many target NPCs as you can and head back to your banners to get your NPCs to help out.

One of our more experienced WLs told me that "Shield bash with shield mastery is OP" and after trying it for several weeks I agree.

As with anything else your mileage will vary.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320201000049f949/signature.png]Dagtau[/charsig]
    Dagtau- WL; Thrakhosh- BA; Gutzit- Scout; Hurzub- Reaver

LOLOLOL it takes 90 seconds to make a Craid when 6 Freeps push down GV hill but you can't find a partner to quest with.

I agree, warleaders need more dps. it's stupid when a dps traited warleader can't dps through one water lore lol. or at least give us some kind of power drain like defilers have
    Last edited by Siege_of_Mirkwood; Dec 11 2012 at 06:30 PM.

And what are you willing to give up?
    Brittain. Fidel. KimJongIl.

Quote Originally Posted by Siege_of_Mirkwood View Post
    I agree, warleaders need more dps. it's stupid when a dps traited warleader can't dps through one water lore lol. or at least give us some kind of power drain like defilers have
    Flies for Everyone!!!!
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Siege_of_Mirkwood View Post
    reavers can barely dps through 1 :/
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

Lol, Ive had wls crit my burg (13 audacity) for 1 k+ with their morale pool over 28 k, giving classes with such great survivability any more dps would be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by burzumaz View Post
    Lol, Ive had wls crit my burg (13 audacity) for 1 k+ with their morale pool over 28 k, giving classes with such great survivability any more dps would be ridiculous.
    i think most WL's would take a drop in survivability for more dps. especially on mind-numbingly boring pve stuff
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

Yeah it's pretty bad. I've gotten my nooblet to 114% mastery and do about 150dps to the mayor. It takes nearly a minute to kill one trash mob for my map dailies.

I'm rank 4, what rank does it take before things get better?

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    Yeah it's pretty bad. I've gotten my nooblet to 114% mastery and do about 150dps to the mayor. It takes nearly a minute to kill one trash mob for my map dailies.

I'm rank 4, what rank does it take before things get better?
    5 is good since you get shout #2, 6 is big because of Brawlers Stance, 7 gives the Command Post, 8 is Menacing Roar (Tactical Debuff that stacks and an AoE), and 9 is Shield Bash.

The biggest single boost is Brawler's Stance since it changes your cooldowns and gives a 15% damage boost, but it keeps getting better every rank until Rank 12.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000017ae5d/signature.png]Ugmog[/charsig]

Co-host and editor of [URL=www.throughthepalantir.blogspot.com]Through the Palantir[/URL].

I'm actually surprisingly happy with our DPS, but I enjoy my huge amount of survivability, so I'm willing to make a trade off. For PvE things, I recommend just using a reaver, or a warg alt, loads quicker and you can just trade stuff over, or pick up a friend. I duo'd most of my ranks with a reaver, best way to go! With my 30,000 health, any more DPS and I'd be ridiculous!
    Last edited by CandiceAurora; Dec 15 2012 at 08:22 AM.
    ~| CREEP: H e l l n a k h |~
    ~| FREEP:
    E d h e l l r e t h | ~

It is far better than it was. Shield Bash and instant fracture make things so much easier.

WLs have so much going for them (great heals, great mits) that the only place they possibly COULD lack in is dps.

Warden dps is *pathetic* too, but you don't see the good ones complaining, esp. when they can pull off impossible feats like soloing entire keeps, just as good WLs can.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Yup, I feel like my War-leader is in a very good place right now. Lack of DPS has always been their flaw I suppose, but that's intentional and as it should be. Can still get some pretty intense shouting, and the Command Post helps a lot as well. At the moment I'm able to solo many different Freep classes 1v1, and I'm only at 5 Audacity and no skills/racials above Rank 8. If they ever do make Creep classes more in-depth, I would definitely support a good DPS spec as long as the survivability is dropped significantly.

Hello,

If you want more damage, i suggest you to trait 5 mastery + dmg for pwer t2.
    It's the best configuration so far to get highest dmg as possible, and highest heals.

With those numbers, uruk heal should heal for 8-9k. Quitters 8-13k. Normal heal crit for 4k and the group heal for 5-6k iirc.
    This gives you lot more dps, and also lot more survability. Sitting at 30k morale with pathetic heals is just a waste.

I suggest you also to not spam healz during a fight, or you'll lose dps, especially if your ennemy as some kind of bubbles or selfheal you need to damage threw.

What i usally do is fight without healing myself till i'm around 5k morale. Then switch to commander stance and use uruk heal + quitters to get back to 21k (full morale). Your ennemy seing your morale getting lower and lower think the fight is about to end so he won't spam heal his self (usually). Seing you full healing in two sec will desperate him and you can finish him !
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e010000142303/signature.png]Koriburz[/charsig]

you guys seem to forget this is a pvp zone, it would be so wrong if turbine started adjusting classes according to their PVE abilities

wl r support... want a dps? do a BA.
    Then freeps will say guardians dps is a trash too...

Learn about a class b4 u choose what to do.
    My WL is working well i did one to help and support raid, i can cast bubles, rez in combat, do a lot of heal, and you want DPS?
    Lets put track, hips and nails on them too
    gosh
    "Do or Do Not, There is No Try."
    Yoda.