We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Post 3 questions:stuck at some point, chat probs & account selling

I would like to ask about two questions with my character. It is "NaktiesKarys" on Withywindle server, f2p.
    1 problem. When my toon exits Bree-land homesteads, it is blocked from exiting by some red-light ray barrier. Something like "force field". Used command "/stuck" to teleport to the neariest rally point, but it does not solve problem. Experienced this some 2 times before. Other toon have no such problem.

2 problem: difficulties with chat. My 2 toons, "NaktiesKarys" and "Vytautaz" belong to the same Kinship on the same server. However, main toon (NaktiesKarys) may speak and listen to Kinship chat; "Vytautaz" can't. I can enter Kiship chat, type whatever I want to...and see no text here, no response, even no "[Kinship toon] has entered/left chat" type messages.Folks told me it could be related with my game client

3 problem: I saw one player advertising some website and selling his/her account (or toon?) with 100 gold coins for real cash. I thought it was a violation of the rules...but since I'm f2p I had no option to open a ticket or contact moderators.

Question: what to do with all those problems?

1. Generally the red light ray barrier is designed to keep your toon within an instanced area. If you say you're in Bree-Land, my first thought would be are you finished the intro or did you somehow get your toon out of the starting area around Archet and into Bree without completing the first bit of the game (short of skipping it intentionally at the very beginning)? If not, ring up a GM in game and explain what's going on, and they should be able to help you!

2. You need to right click the general chat tab above that toon's chatbox and see what the filter settings have been set to. It's possible to turn kinchat off completely including notifications by unchecking the kinship box, and that sounds exactly like what is happening.

3. You can _always_ open a ticket here http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...?style=classic regardless of the status of your account.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000003dfd3/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

1) Sounds like the normal "Invisible" walls preventing you from going places you shouldn't. Not sure why you are getting this though, as taht shouldn't be happening in the place you describe.

2) Is a known bug. Sometimes (usually quite rare) when logging in since Rohan, your client isn't passed information about you kinship, user channels etc. What this means, is that while others can see you online (but can't send you tells, inspect you etc), your game client thinks you are not in a kinship, and will tell you such when opening the kinship panel or trying to speak into chat. Relogging your character from the character select screen will solve this until it gets fixed properly.

3) If you can't send a normal ticket, although it's probably slightly inaccurate for the situation you describe, right click their name in chat and "Report Gold Seller"
    [SIZE=3][b]Leader of [COLOR="#FFD700"]The Rangers of Eriador[/COLOR], Snowbourn[/b][/SIZE]
    [color=#00BF00]Brya, Balthelion, Fyore, Iarngard, Madic, Eoradain, Trystana, Pendalas, Kharmul, Arkunir, Holibrand, Tifridh, Freawyn, Adlanniel, Tiraniel, Lilija, Theda[/color]
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0szyANQhriMn42fCDdke1EMAOcdzmr9v"]Let's Play LOTRO (YouTube Series)[/URL] ~ [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?461498-The-Rangers-of-Eriador"]Kin Info/Recruitment[/URL]

I believe you can press F7 to bring up the ticket 'menu'. I don't think there are restrictions on its use, although I have noticed it is extremely slow recently

Quote Originally Posted by Ullr_of_Aesir View Post
    I believe you can press F7 to bring up the ticket 'menu'. I don't think there are restrictions on its use, although I have noticed it is extremely slow recently
    It is restricted and grayed out for some customers. Only players that have a VIP account or recently (30? days access) bought something with dollars on their Premium account can access the ticket menu. Free accounts can never access the in game ticket system.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NaktiesKarys View Post
    2 problem: difficulties with chat. My 2 toons, "NaktiesKarys" and "Vytautaz" belong to the same Kinship on the same server. However, main toon (NaktiesKarys) may speak and listen to Kinship chat; "Vytautaz" can't. I can enter Kiship chat, type whatever I want to...and see no text here, no response, even no "[Kinship toon] has entered/left chat" type messages.Folks told me it could be related with my game client
    It can be, and something like this has happened to me. I fixed it by exiting LotRO and rebooting my computer.

It is also possible that kinship chat is not set to appear in the chat tab you are looking at. By default you have 3 chat tabs: General, Combat, and IM. You can control what chat channels appear in each tab. At some point, you may have turned off Kinship chat on that tab on that character. Right-click on the chat tab and look for Channels, and make sure that Kinship is checked.

Quote Originally Posted by NaktiesKarys View Post
    3 problem: I saw one player advertising some website and selling his/her account (or toon?) with 100 gold coins for real cash. I thought it was a violation of the rules...but since I'm f2p I had no option to open a ticket or contact moderators.
    Turbine hasn't yet figured out how to allow F2P players to report gold sellers without opening up support services that only paying players get. However, rest assured that there were probably other people seeing that chat who DID have the ability to report it, and most likely they did so. Few people like these guys and they typically get shut down after a short time.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Quote Originally Posted by Shukar View Post

Turbine hasn't yet figured out how to allow F2P players to report gold sellers without opening up support services that only paying players get. However, rest assured that there were probably other people seeing that chat who DID have the ability to report it, and most likely they did so. Few people like these guys and they typically get shut down after a short time.

Yes. It has. Right click the name, hit 'report as gold seller'
    This and 'report as Harassment' are the ONLY 2 support options available for F2P.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler