We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A new kind of keyboard issue

Last night I was going into the craft hall in Snowbourn. As soon as I got in the door I discovered I was rooted to the floor - well, at least the ASWD keys were no longer working. None of the other keys were working either - I couldn't use chat but I also couldn't use my mapped keys to do anything or CMD-Tab out of LOTRO. The mouse worked - I was able to click on the door and it opened. And I could bring up the panel to allow me to logout. I tried logging out and back in, but that didn't clear up the problem. Then I tried closing the client and relaunching it. That's when I discovered I couldn't even enter my password. Then I went into Safari and tried to type in the URL field - no go. My keyboard had been completely "disconnected". I rebooted and everything was fine.

I bugged it.

EDIT: Oh, and I was in full-screen mode (had not changed the resolution or windowing in that session) and I had not changed the focus out of LOTRO and back in or anything like that either. I probably had a key depressed as I hit the door on the craft hall tho.
    Last edited by donworth; Dec 09 2012 at 03:34 PM.
    "Someday I'm going to move to Michel Delving and leave all this behind." - Hobbit in Waymeet

[IMG]http://www.48ovvi.org/misc/dawnwen.jpg[/IMG] WINDFOLA

this happens to me at times...

and it has absolutely nothing to do with LOTRO...

just unplug your keyboard, and plug it back in, and it should work...

Kinda hard to do on a MacBook Pro. LOL
    "Someday I'm going to move to Michel Delving and leave all this behind." - Hobbit in Waymeet

[IMG]http://www.48ovvi.org/misc/dawnwen.jpg[/IMG] WINDFOLA

Quote Originally Posted by donworth View Post
    Kinda hard to do on a MacBook Pro. LOL
    There is always a way

[I]Gaspard Strongpole[/I] - Hunter on [B]Eldar[/B] : [COLOR="#FF0000"]Mac Player[/COLOR] - iMac/27-inch, Late 2013/ 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5/ 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB/OS X 10.10.5