We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Roleplayers of Crickhollow?

Greetings,

I'm a new player, and created my first character on Crickhollow, as it seemed to be a nice server - and so far it has been. Then, a question occurred into my mind.

I'm fairly sure there are some roleplayers in Crickhollow, or then I've completely misunderstood the forum posts (please correct me if I have: D). Where do they mostly gather, or is there a kin or two for casual roleplaying? And, is there any RP-ish neighborhood in the server? : )

Sincerely,

Dweorh

Greetings and welcome Dweorg!

Yes there is a good number of role-players on the Crickhollow server. And I am more than happy to assist you in getting in touch with these folks. First, there are several kinship-hosted role-playing events here that are open to all players. Here is a short list of these:

Elevensies: Hosted by the kinship, Second Breakfast. This is a general rp event held at various inns in the Shire and Bree. Go here to their kinship site (specifically the Calendar) for more details: Second Breakfast

Second Breakfast also hosts their Bread and Jam Session rp events as well; see more details on the Calendar as above.

Travelling Dwarven Market: This rp event is hosted by my modest kinship, Durin's Folk, to which I am the kinship leader. It is a crafting market where we dwarves craft items per order for other players. You can read this month's market here on the Crickhollow forums, or visit our kinship website: Durin's Folk

Also, here is a short list of role-playing kinships on Crickhollow, along with website links:

• Second Breakfast: Visit the kin site above

• Durin's Folk: Visit the kin site above, this is an all-dwarf rp kinship

• The Grey Company: An rp kinship of Elves and Rangers

• Riders of Theoden: a kinship of Men and Women from Rohan

This is only a brief list and I am forgetting several kinships. However, I hope this is a place to begin. I would highly recommend participating in Elevensies since that event draws role-players every week.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Brucha; Dec 09 2012 at 02:37 PM.

Thanks for the information! I think the next thing I'll do is visit some of these RP events and see what kind of roleplay these different guilds would offer. : )

Certainly, Dweorg - I am very glad to be of assistance. The role playing members on Crickhollow is not large as on some servers (or at least that is what I perceive), yet they are a wonderful group of players. Very helpful and friendly, always willing and able to lend a helping hand to newcomers or players wishing to learn more of how to RP.

Depending upon your race of your characters, I suggest also trying to contact some of the RP kinships while in-game. All would be more than happy to lend aid in getting to know our community here.

Quote Originally Posted by Brucha View Post
    Greetings and welcome Dweorg!

Yes there is a good number of role-players on the Crickhollow server. And I am more than happy to assist you in getting in touch with these folks. First, there are several kinship-hosted role-playing events here that are open to all players. Here is a short list of these:

Elevensies: Hosted by the kinship, Second Breakfast. This is a general rp event held at various inns in the Shire and Bree. Go here to their kinship site (specifically the Calendar) for more details: Second Breakfast

Second Breakfast also hosts their Bread and Jam Session rp events as well; see more details on the Calendar as above.

Travelling Dwarven Market: This rp event is hosted by my modest kinship, Durin's Folk, to which I am the kinship leader. It is a crafting market where we dwarves craft items per order for other players. You can read this month's market here on the Crickhollow forums, or visit our kinship website: Durin's Folk

Also, here is a short list of role-playing kinships on Crickhollow, along with website links:

• Second Breakfast: Visit the kin site above

• Durin's Folk: Visit the kin site above, this is an all-dwarf rp kinship

• The Grey Company: An rp kinship of Elves and Rangers

• Riders of Theoden: a kinship of Men and Women from Rohan

This is only a brief list and I am forgetting several kinships. However, I hope this is a place to begin. I would highly recommend participating in Elevensies since that event draws role-players every week.

Cheers!

I could see this as a sticky in the Kinship section, if such a thing is possible.

Yes, I'll have to visit some of these events as well. Granted, as I've been in Bree lately, it's been pretty easy to meet other RPers just by standing around the counter at the Prancing Pony. I'll definitely look at those kinships too, or consider starting one.

I hope you'll have a chance to come out to something soon, Elben. I'll go ahead and list out the weekly light RP and music events sponsored by Second Breakfast:

Bread and Jam Sessions: Every Friday night at 8pm EDT (server time)/5pm PDT in the Prancing Pony, Bree-town

Early Elevenses: Every Sunday at 11am EDT/17:00 CEST in the Bird & Baby Inn, Michel Delving

Elevenses: Every Monday at 11pm EDT/8pm PDT in the Bird & Baby Inn, Michel Delving

(I should mention for the music lovers out there that The Breakfast Club plays almost every Saturday at 12:30pm, usually in Bree-town. The venue will occasionally change during festivals.)

In addition, I believe that Mist and Shadow, a growing RP kinship created after Brucha made his list, holds their RP event every Saturday night at 10pm in various taverns, mostly in the Shire. You probably noticed their upcoming Literary event, scheduled for this Saturday night at 8pm EDT at the Methel-stage, south of Bywater in the Shire.

Though I don't go beyond the light RP side myself, I've had nothing but great experiences with every kin listed above. The RP scene on Crickhollow doesn't match the scale of Landroval or Laurelin, but we have our own charms.
    Rosalie from Crickhollow's Second Breakfast
    Community events reporter at lotroplayers.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Visit secondbreakfast.guildlaunch.co m & crickhollowmusic.guildlaunch.c om
    Our weekly events--Fridays 9pm: Bread & Jam at the Prancing Pony
    Saturdays 1pm: Breakfast Club plays at Bree-town's South Gate
    Saturdays 4:30pm: Dulcet Tones play at the fountain in front of the Pony
    Sundays at 11am and Mondays at 11pm: Elevenses at the Bird & Baby
    Find out about the kinships of Crickhollow at crickhollowkins.tumblr.com

Thank you. I'll be sure and try to make it to some of those. Thanks for those times, and the endorsements. I appreciate it.

There's also a newer RP kin, Raven Wing. We just held our first Annual Ball at the kin house a few weeks ago, and eventually we plan to hold small events towards the end of each festival. There is also The Grey Company (if you do not mind playing a Ranger) who is dedicated to RP and the Ranger life!

As a member of both kins with different toons, I will say that RW is still working out some kinks in it to get it rolling and making a better name for itself as an RP-kin, but also not fully centered around it as GC is.

Raven Wing kin! Hello! I've been seeing you around lately. I think I've even done some RP with a few members as Turodhor. Grey Company also. It's good to see some RP kinships in Crickhollow.

Can I list RW and GC under RP Kinships in the thread where I'm trying to get most of the RP things on Crickhollow in one place?