We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Looking for a Mentor

I've roleplayed quite a lot in my time (From Dungeons and Dragons to World of Warcraft.) And i'm looking for a group or person to take me in and help get the hang of Both the game itself and roleplaying once again. I want to play with active players that will at least notice my existance (Currently on one of the RP servers and my kin completely ignore my requests to RP). I want to have fun and enjoy this game with others that love Lotr Like i Do.

1) I love lord of the rings but i'm not super lore savvy
    2) I come from a casual RP background but i will and want to play it a bit more hardcore (i'm not worried about leveling quickly)
    3) I would like to join in on a roleplay that has a storyline going on already. It's fun to see others creations.

These arent demands. I just really badly want to get the real experience instead of wandering around by myself talking to myself because no one seems to want to roleplay with me.

If you interested just post here i'm gonna check it constantly ^_^

Hi there.

You will need to provide a character name and what server you are on so people can get in touch in game with you. That way i am sure you will find many people and probably kinships which would gladly take you under their wing.

If your a man character on Laurelin i know there is a lot of activity in Breeland at the moment. There are a lot of kinships (rp ones) popping up as Lords and Land owners much in the Game of Thrones spirit.
    Khalis - A Captain of Imladris and Maethor of House Vanimar

The thing is it doesnt matter to me what server its on i'm willing to move around i just want to find a group that wants me.

Choose us!

Quote Originally Posted by crashdrg View Post
    The thing is it doesnt matter to me what server its on i'm willing to move around i just want to find a group that wants me.
    Hi, feel free to join me and my kin on the Riddermark server. We are a pure rp kin and all of us have a love for it. Your requests will never, ever be ignored. We do everything from casual rp to hardcore rp. My name is Sepdeit I'm level 31 and I'm in the Fellowship of Middle Earth also known as FoME. Our kin leader's name is Galangar he is level 85 (highest in the game as of now) . So join the Riddermark server and shoot Sepdeit some mail using the mailbox that can be found in pretty much every town.

Thanks,
    Sepdeit

If your main drive is to roleplay then you really should go for one of the two designated roleplay servers depending on your time zone.

European - then go for Laurelin its the only supported (by turbine) roleplay server. It has its own unique set of guidelines which are enforced by the GMs to some degree.

US - then go for Landroval which is designated roleplay encouraged by Turbine.
    Khalis - A Captain of Imladris and Maethor of House Vanimar

I wonder if you have tried Laurelin yet for it is actually the only Official English-speaking RP server of LotRO and benefits from the Roleplaying Rules and Policy; and thats just only to start with, for there is more to be said about this realm, that many rpers (and non rpers) would be interested to know and concider the differences/changes between Laurelin and any other servers, significant when it comes to a more mature community/immersive experience, Roleplay and a place where one can meet and be among, the most like-minded folk.

On quiet a few other worlds I have played as well, and none was/is anything like Laurelin. It is not perfect (what is..) nay, but imho, based on my (and others' too) experience/knowledge and from what I have seen in general, it is the nicest server to be on. The finest choice LotRO has to offer, for the reasons mentioned above (or at least many of those).

With that said (I could dwell more into details and other great advantages of this server but alas, I cannot do so now) the following may interest you and bring some hope to your despaired thoughts!

~ So, Laurelin Archives is the Webportal of Laurelin and its purpose is to provide the community with a place where players can share their work (stories, screens, artwork etc.), plan events and present their characters and kinships. - It is a great piece of art imo as well, due to its wonderful content. One can easily see from that website how much RP activity there has been on and there is on the server.
    ~ Additionally, the server also has a channel in game, for all the enthusiasts (that can mean non-rpers too) and roleplayers of the Middle-earth legendarium. A place to find other like-minded people/ask questions/discuss/share and learn all about RP, such as events, kins, character backstories/storylines etc and the lore/story of this magical, mythical world. This is the Official Page for it. - You would be among many other rpers there right from the start when you first join the server (if you wish to enable it, that is).

There might be few pockets of RP and individuals that would be interested for that on other servers, as some might tell you from those realms, but from I have seen and know (I have played on other servers too) Laurelin offers the most opportunities for a roleplayer; different, recurring RP events occur almost everyday and there are plenty of Roleplay kins to choose from.

Also as I said earlier, it is the only English-speaking RP server that benefits from the Roleplaying Rules and Policy and that has had a great impact on the way the server has been shaped every since its creation many years ago when LotRO started. (I could go on about how that has helped partly to create and preserve the atmosphere and overall maturity of the server but not this time..)

There is more than plenty Roleplay to be found, many rpers across the lands to meet and channel/s to help in a way, connect us all. And there are roleplayers around all the time, even during the quiter hours of the server; ever since Turbine took over, Laurelin has been having a steady increase in numbers and that continues and will always do so, for it is the only English-speaking server with the RP tag next to it. There are also some NA/US based kinships too.

Laurelin is a server that imo all rpers or/and fans of J.R.R Tolkien's world should at least give it a try and experience all that it has to offer before choosing where to finally settle.
    Last edited by ''Cris'''; Dec 10 2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Links and because this is the third time I have been signed out when ready to submit post..
    [CENTER][URL="http://laurelinarchives.org/node/12497"]A place in-game for all fans [SIZE=1](and roleplayers)[/SIZE] of Tolkien's world. Enter friends and experience Middle-earth.[/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by crashdrg View Post
    I've roleplayed quite a lot in my time (From Dungeons and Dragons to World of Warcraft.) And i'm looking for a group or person to take me in and help get the hang of Both the game itself and roleplaying once again. I want to play with active players that will at least notice my existance (Currently on one of the RP servers and my kin completely ignore my requests to RP). I want to have fun and enjoy this game with others that love Lotr Like i Do.

1) I love lord of the rings but i'm not super lore savvy
    2) I come from a casual RP background but i will and want to play it a bit more hardcore (i'm not worried about leveling quickly)
    3) I would like to join in on a roleplay that has a storyline going on already. It's fun to see others creations.

These arent demands. I just really badly want to get the real experience instead of wandering around by myself talking to myself because no one seems to want to roleplay with me.

If you interested just post here i'm gonna check it constantly ^_^
    To "wet your feet" again, you can try some random RP in the Pony. Many people put "Random RP welcome" (or similar) in their bios. Pretty much the only requirements are to not be a jerk. Not too many people have PhDs in Tolkienology (although many seem to think they do), so I wouldn't sweat the lore stuff too much. Pony RP is probably not going to satisfy all your RP wants, but it'll help a bit and may help you find others interested in more dedicated RP.