We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Runekeeper combat graphics in Mac Client LOTRO

Hello

I have a stange problem while playing my RK on Mac client of Lotro. When I start the combat, the selected character/monster starts to show strange colorful squares around it. Using any skill, lightining or fire, the same colorful squares appear. Does anybody also have the same problem ?

I also want to emphasize that this problem happens only on my RK during combat only. When I play other alts, Champ or Mini, I have no graphic issue in combat. The client itself runs fine on my system (2010 Macbook pro).

Yes. Happens to me a lot on all my toons, altho not all the time - seems especially on flames of various sorts. More in this thread.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...various-things

I have a MBP 17" about the same vintage as yours.

I've had a few other odd graphics glitches - dark areas in caves that should be lit, texture squares on trees with odd stuff in them, etc. Nothing that really makes it impossible to play (altho the dark areas add some excitement and challenge since the mobs can see me but I can't see them!) Sure isn't enough to send me back to my Windows client on bootcamp!

You might want to /bug it in-game.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000240456/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

As DeeTweetie says this graphics bug is noted on the thread posted and I posted a screenshot and workaround for it that works for me here.

I don't think it is file corruption which normally causes this type of effect but to do with the window focus and screen resolution or other settings. Because just by changing from windowed to full screen (which is actually just a windowed full screen mode in LOTRO) rectifies it without changing any data.

Submit A Bug Report

Make sure to select Mac as the operating system and give as much detail as possible, including system setup (ou can get details by clicking the Apple symbol top left of screen > About This Mac > More info and copy/paste details); OS X version; description of bug and detail including /loc location. Also attach a screenshot or system report (found at More info…, see above) if relevant. Then Turbine are aware of the issue and can help fix it.
    Gaspard Strongpole - Hunter on Eldar : Mac Player - iMac/27-inch, Late 2013/ 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5/ 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB/OS X 10.10.5

FWIW changing from full to windowed doesn't fix it for me - even with a client restart. Usually I just have to wait and try again later.
    "Someday I'm going to move to Michel Delving and leave all this behind." - Hobbit in Waymeet

[IMG]http://www.48ovvi.org/misc/dawnwen.jpg[/IMG] WINDFOLA

Quote Originally Posted by donworth View Post
    FWIW changing from full to windowed doesn't fix it for me - even with a client restart. Usually I just have to wait and try again later.
    Interesting. What Mac and system setup do you have?
    Gaspard Strongpole - Hunter on Eldar : Mac Player - iMac/27-inch, Late 2013/ 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5/ 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB/OS X 10.10.5

MBP 17" unibody mid-2010 6,1
    8GB RAM
    2.66 GHZ Core I7
    Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5
    Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M, 512MB VRAM
    Last edited by donworth; Dec 09 2012 at 04:20 PM.
    "Someday I'm going to move to Michel Delving and leave all this behind." - Hobbit in Waymeet

[IMG]http://www.48ovvi.org/misc/dawnwen.jpg[/IMG] WINDFOLA

Quote Originally Posted by donworth View Post
    MBP 17" unibody mid-2010 6,1
    8GB RAM
    2.66 GHZ Core I7
    Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5
    Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M, 512MB VRAM
    Maybe a difference in the way Nvidia and AMD handles the issue. I also bugged it back in beta so I guess we wait and see.

I was seeing that with my hunter...I went into Adv. Graphics settings and turned off "Post Processing Effects", and the problem was gone.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000190960/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by MerlynD'Averte View Post
    I was seeing that with my hunter...I went into Adv. Graphics settings and turned off "Post Processing Effects", and the problem was gone.
    Interesting. I tried it at a location that I always have issues in Thorin's Hall and it does appear to correct it if I deselect Post Process Effects. But it also seems to then cause another related issue.

Not sure if it is just my client but I test it in Thorin's Hall. First. to the east of the Milestone is an NPC called Bávor and next to him is a small braizer flame. This is often glitched to show multi-colour squares instead of smooth flame and smoke. Changing the PPE setting remedies the issue to normal flame.

Turn to the south east and entering the auction hall area there is auctioneer Fathi (or any of the others NPCs' there) Often, when selecting him the green colour reticle normally showing on the floor of a targetted NPC is now a large multi-colour square glitch instead.

Now, If I go to Advanced Settings and deselect Post Processing Effects it will make the colour square glitch return to normal green circle on the ground. All is good. Except now, if I return to the flame which was normal is now multi-colour glitched again!

Variously switching PPE or one of the Glow Mapping or Overbright Bloom Filter will keep changing these. Sometimes neither is glitched sometimes both.

Changing the PPE on/off does resolve the issue but appears to cause another or only a temporary fix.

Still not sure why changing from Windowed to (windowed) Full Screen rectifies it other than it is just refreshing the screen but it does. But does not provide a permenant fix.

Overall then it is not working as intended.