We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bought Steely Dawn and receiving none of the items or points

I bought Steely Dawn on Steam and can see it under my DLC. However I've received none of the perks or points in the game as of yet.

Any advice or am I missing something?

Cheers,

Dave

You have to apply the CD key to your account at https://myaccount.turbine.com/

Right click on the game to view the CD key.:
    There's a photo here.
    forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?463082-Steam-Starter-Pack-CD-Key&p=6219781#post6219781
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

I don't have a "View CD Key" button. I do however have Steely Dawn under my "Download Content" tab

Step 1. Go to Steam library

Step 2. Right click Lord of the Rings Online in your library and go to, "View CD key".

Step 3. It should bring up the code for all your DLC content. Click which one you want and click "Copy to clipboard"

Step 4. Log-in to http://myaccount.turbine.com/ and paste your key where it says, "If you have a Product Key, enter it below and let our Product Key Activation Wizard guide you through the process."

Step 5. Go through the wizard and enjoy your DLC!

Hope this helps, Olog

(Note: if the View CD key doesn't come up, contact Steam support)

Unfortunately I can't attached images. I have no "View CD Key" button under Lord of the Rings Online.

4 Twinfall Path, Tund Nir, Falathlorn Homesteads, Eldar
    I hope you get it to work - their album "Aja" is fantastic.

Okay then, so there's a few things you can try if it isn't showing up.

First, try restarting Steam, this might make it show up as you having the key.

If not, try right clicking the game, go to Properties > Local files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache, this might take a while as the game is quite large, but worth a try.

Other than this I am not sure, go to https://support.steampowered.com/kb_cat.php?id=6 or the Steam forums http://forums.steampowered.com/

Unfortunately that hasn't sorted it however thank you for all your help and feedback.

I'll try and get onto Steam at some point and try and fix it as I'd like those things

Thanks anyway

You have to start the download in order to enable viewing of the key.

Start Download.
    Cancel Download
    Find Key.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

http://i.imgur.com/cEK2X.png

These are the options I have. Steely Dawn is not listed as a game in Steam, I've received no key and "CD Key" is not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by LancedJack View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/cEK2X.png

These are the options I have. Steely Dawn is not listed as a game in Steam, I've received no key and "CD Key" is not an option.

I'm having the same issue. I even reinstalled it just to see/verify integrity, but these people suggestions were all bad and don't work - but they aren't customer support. I contacted Steam too, but they never seem to help with anything. I have the order number and it looks similar to order numbers in lotro itself when I look at my history. I wonder if they'd accept that as fact I bought it? It's really frustrating. If that transaction would have gone smooth, I'd have bought so much more, but I put it towards another game instead.

I do hope they fix this, sucks to pay for something and get nothing.
    Last edited by Jessicka; Dec 08 2012 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I'm having the same issue. I even reinstalled it just to see/verify integrity, but these people suggestions were all bad and don't work - but they aren't customer support. I contacted Steam too, but they never seem to help with anything. I have the order number and it looks similar to order numbers in lotro itself when I look at my history. I wonder if they'd accept that as fact I bought it? It's really frustrating. If that transaction would have gone smooth, I'd have bought so much more, but I put it towards another game instead.

I do hope they fix this, sucks to pay for something and get nothing.
    Yeah it's a proper pain in the &&&& I'd like to contribute more to the game however this is irritating the hell out of me.

Yeah I'm having the same issue.

Bought it, right click on the started LOTRO download, but no "View CD Key" option. I get "View Downloadable Content" and the Steely Dawn pack is there, but no option to view a key or anything.

Hey so I found a solution to this probelm on the Steam LOTRO forum section. Quite a few others were having it (as you can see here).

Near the end of the thread a user named Pixel Moose posted this and it worked for me:

Hey guys, I bought the Steely Dawn pack and ran into the same problem but I have found a solution. If you activate Big Picture mode on the Steam client, go to Library and click on LOTRO, then go the Links and More and at the bottom there should be a link that says View CD key. It is here that you can get the code for the starter pack. It was stupid for them not to put that on the regular Library page.

Big Picture Mode! Yep I can confirm it works perfectly. Hopefully the producer/administrator required will notice this and fix it. I assume it is a simple fix. Lots of people are still running the old steam including me

BPM must be awesome on touch screen though!

finding CD key in "old" steam

I'm still running the "old" steam. in your game library window, the list of games
    appear in a column in the left window. right clicking on LOTRO in that column
    on my computer gives a list of options and the second option is "View CD Key".
    these are the ones I had to enter on my turbine account.

good luck.

I am sure happy I read this thread before I decided to purchase it on Steam...thanks for the head up! Well I do keep my Steam totally up to date so possibly I would not have this problem however I think it may be better to get the game from Turbine if they have a store.
    Last edited by Rancherqip; Dec 12 2012 at 08:31 PM.

Solution

In order to view the CD Key, you must click the <Big Picture> icon in the top right corner and then from the steam access your library and choose LOTRO, from there click Links and More where then it will give you the option to view the CD Key!

What if I don't even see the game in my library? Steely dawn shows up in my purchase history but not in the library. Is it because I already have the full game installed? Seems odd if that's the case. Have sent a support ticket to steam but looking at other posts I doubt I'll get an answer from them anytime soon :/

Luckily I bought it at 50% off, but still would like what I payed for.

Why do things have to be so difficult? I still don't see it in the "big picture" version, it does not show up in it's DLC, but if I go to the Steely Dawn pack it says I've already purchased it.

Quote Originally Posted by .Onji. View Post
    What if I don't even see the game in my library? Steely dawn shows up in my purchase history but not in the library. Is it because I already have the full game installed? Seems odd if that's the case. Have sent a support ticket to steam but looking at other posts I doubt I'll get an answer from them anytime soon :/

Luckily I bought it at 50% off, but still would like what I payed for.
    Steely Dawn is just a collection of content unlocks for LotRO, not a game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Total-MAdMaN View Post
    Steely Dawn is just a collection of content unlocks for LotRO, not a game itself.
    We get that. But it sounds like in order to get the content, we have to get into our Turbine account, that we need a "CD Key" to activate.

Quote Originally Posted by Total-MAdMaN View Post
    Well, duh
    Still need to get a key somewhere to apply to the lotro account.

Anyway, took the long way around, uninstalled lotro and then installed it trough steam, then I got the Show CD-key thingy. Though feels like there must be a simpler way to get it!

I did install it through Steam. It took like 12 hours to download, I'm not doing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cithryth View Post
    Hey so I found a solution to this probelm on the Steam LOTRO forum section. Quite a few others were having it (as you can see here).

Near the end of the thread a user named Pixel Moose posted this and it worked for me:
    dude thank you so much i had this problem and i Fcking killed me thank you so much

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast