We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Eastemnet Farming Analysis

Acebold was kind enough to bring us a Massive Westfold Farming Analysis during the last expansion. Inspired by the work, I bring you this Eastemnet Farming Analysis, which has several additional benefits:
    • More reliable/accurate. Based on more than 30,000 fields (as opposed to 4,000)
    • More comprehensive. In addition to Barley/Rye and Herbs, this tests:
      • Piles of Riddermark Soil
      • Riddermark Coffee Beans (a crit product from Coffee fields)
      • Tarnished Crests of Rohan
      • Cherry Fields, Fair Crops, and Bundles
      • Coffee Fields, Fair Crops, and Bags
      • Turnip Fields, Fair Crops, and Bundles
    • More realistic. Customize the data with you own:
      • Crit chance from tools (and optionally scholar scrolls)
      • NPC discounts (all four types)
      • Peat pricing on your server
      • Repair costs
      • And more

Summary

It is not worth using normal seeds. Hearty Seeds produce more products (except Crests) per minute and per silver.

On average, you will see one Tarnished Crest of Rohan drop per 360 plantings, regardless of field type. This number can vary radically over short periods, as this data includes both a span of 1,158 fields in which 0 crests dropped and a span of 433 fields in which 4 crests dropped. You do NOT have to farm in Rohan to get Tarnished Crests of Rohan; you only need to farm tier 8 (Eastemnet).

Even though the drop distribution of crops has stayed roughly the same, the drop distribution of herbs has changed radically. Hearty Seeds no longer help produce herbs, only Peat does. Soil and Coffee Beans (the crit version, not the normal Bags of Coffee) have their own drop distributions:

It may be useful to account for repair costs and what you could have sold your peat for. The following graphs show how much of a difference it can make:

If doing a lot of farming, it helps to be talking with someone or watching television at the same time, otherwise you can go crazy (or crazier, if you are like me).

Please see the Eastemnet Farming Analysis for more details. I welcome Rep if you like it and constructive feedback if you think something could use improving.
    Last edited by DEATHKNYGHT; Aug 22 2013 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Proper formatting code (old forum had errors that required creative formatting to look right)

Thats amazing that my .3% Tarnished Crest drop rate is almost exactly what you have found.

My main question for you is are you using an addon to track crops or do you just count all of the stacks, crests, peat, etc.. after a farming session and put them into a spreadsheet? An addon that tracks all of this and the data from which can be easily uploaded to one master spreadsheet would be an awesome idea for tracking current trends (the nurfing of tarnished crests in the past 3 weeks etc...)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000001f422/01005/signature.png]Stratos[/charsig]

[url=http://www.wegame.com/watch/Warden_massive_pulls/]Warden Massive Pulls[/url]

First off, great post... very useful and informational! I like numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHKNYGHT View Post
    On average, you will see one Tarnished Crest of Rohan drop per 360 plantings, regardless of field type.
    My question has to do with that quote. There are four field types: regular, well-tended regular, hearty, and well-tended hearty. So you are saying that even the lowest crop-yielding field (regular) has about the same chance to get a crest of rohan as the highest crop-yielding field (well-tended hearty)? Reason I ask is because I've begun to farm for crests of rohan and it is quite a lot more money to use hearty fields as opposed to non-hearty. Also, it would be nice to sell my clumps of peat on AH as opposed to using them when I farm.

Quote Originally Posted by BackAgainAndThere View Post
    First off, great post... very useful and informational! I like numbers!

My question has to do with that quote. There are four field types: regular, well-tended regular, hearty, and well-tended hearty. So you are saying that even the lowest crop-yielding field (regular) has about the same chance to get a crest of rohan as the highest crop-yielding field (well-tended hearty)? Reason I ask is because I've begun to farm for crests of rohan and it is quite a lot more money to use hearty fields as opposed to non-hearty. Also, it would be nice to sell my clumps of peat on AH as opposed to using them when I farm.
    My tests show that farming crit fields does not yield more crests than normal. In fact I got much less when doing it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000001f422/01005/signature.png]Stratos[/charsig]

[url=http://www.wegame.com/watch/Warden_massive_pulls/]Warden Massive Pulls[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by stratospaly View Post
    My tests show that farming crit fields does not yield more crests than normal. In fact I got much less when doing it.
    Interesting... Thanks for clarifying that.

Was looking at your raw information and you have the crit chance to be 15%.. unless your using Peat the crit chance is only 5%. Tools do not effect crit chance for farming.
    Silverlode Server

Quote Originally Posted by wbhz View Post
    Was looking at your raw information and you have the crit chance to be 15%.. unless your using Peat the crit chance is only 5%. Tools do not effect crit chance for farming.
    The data is correct. The additional (15% or whatever you set) crit chance is only used to calculate Processed Crops (ie Bunches of Cherries). It is not used to calculate products produced directly from fields (ie Fair Cherry Crops).

You can confirm this for yourself by changing the crit chance. Thank you for taking the time to point out what might have been a problem in the data.