We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

House removed due to lack of upkeep payments. Can i get it back?

Hi, i havent played the game in a very long time, but ive usually logged in once a month to pay upkeep for my house and kinship house. I forgot to do this a few months ago, and now both houses are taken from me. The owner of my kinship house still says my kinship, but i can not pay upkeep because it says i no longer own it.

I tried asking the ingame support, but got shot down with a generic reply saying they cant give it back to me, when in fact i asked HOW to get it back. I read up on some info that you arnt supposed to actually lose ownership, but only be locked out of the house in question.

Can anyone please help me on how to get it back, if possible? I tried going to the http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/housing_faq link the support gave me, but there is nothing there at all.

The house is of some sentimental and nostalgic importance to me, and id like to get it back.

Please help me if you can.

Thanks and kind regards,
    Grynfar

Edit: Not sure how or why, but when i just now double checked my House-section in the UI, i suddenly had houses to unlock and pay upkeep on again. This was not the case a couple of weeks ago when i contacted the support.. I can not remove my thread entirely, so i chose to explain in an edit, rather than just empty it or let it stand as is.

Regards,
    Grynfar
    Last edited by Grynfar; Dec 07 2012 at 11:19 AM.

Sometimes there's a glitch when you log in and you don't get all the data downloaded to your client. You discover that you're not in a kinship or you don't own a house any more. Your kinship members still see you as a member, and they can see your house is owned by you.

Solution is to exit game completely and log back in again.

I think this is what happened to you. When you logged in again later you got all the data loaded and could see yourself as house owner again.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

Here come the pro and con arguments for housing foreclosures . I think in the on-going discussions, your time range would fall into the "non-foreclosure" category. However, I really do think there needs to be a point in time when a house does get foreclosed; there are any number of players now who cannot get a house simply because none are available. It's a shame when people who no longer have an interest in playing the game and haven't done so for a year or more can prevent other players from having the satisfaction you yourself experience from owning a house.
    [COLOR="#6666ff"][FONT=Century Gothic]To many people, free will is a license to rebel not against what is unjust or hard in life but against what is best for them and true.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    Sometimes there's a glitch when you log in and you don't get all the data downloaded to your client. You discover that you're not in a kinship or you don't own a house any more. Your kinship members still see you as a member, and they can see your house is owned by you.

Solution is to exit game completely and log back in again.

I think this is what happened to you. When you logged in again later you got all the data loaded and could see yourself as house owner again.
    That is probably the case, because it just happened again, and i did as you suggested and it helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Abiyah View Post
    Here come the pro and con arguments for housing foreclosures . I think in the on-going discussions, your time range would fall into the "non-foreclosure" category. However, I really do think there needs to be a point in time when a house does get foreclosed; there are any number of players now who cannot get a house simply because none are available. It's a shame when people who no longer have an interest in playing the game and haven't done so for a year or more can prevent other players from having the satisfaction you yourself experience from owning a house.
    You bring a valid point, but you cant really blame me for wanting to keep my houses, i forked up for the collector's edition to get a life time subscription at release. and sometimes i might come back to play the game activly again, so i dont want to lose my houses, and i normally log in in time to pay my upkeep. It is sad that people are struggling to buy houses (which i didnt know could even be a problem) because there are none, but that is the developers problem, and they should solve this so people can own houses.

Here's another possibility.

Are you still in the kinship? Does the kinship still exist? If you are no longer a member, you may not be able to make payments to the upkeep. Likewise, if the kinship itself has disappeared (though, I would expect the house to be freed up in that case).

R.I.P NIDOR of Brandywine Server(1970-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamo View Post
    Here's another possibility.

Are you still in the kinship? Does the kinship still exist? If you are no longer a member, you may not be able to make payments to the upkeep. Likewise, if the kinship itself has disappeared (though, I would expect the house to be freed up in that case).
    Its almost certainly because of the bug mentioned earlier.. I am still a member of the guild, as im the ONLY member of it, through several additional characters etc, so the guild is technically still around and my main character is its leader. As i explained just a while ago, when i restarted the game i was again recognized by the game as house owner, and able to pay my upkeep. Ive been out of the loop in this game so i didnt know of the new bugs, or that housing was such a problem that it is. If i didnt have so much effort invested in my houses from previous years of gameplay, i would probably let them go for others to enjoy. But im gonna keep them for as long as i can, and i hope the developers introduce more housing for people without houses..

Thanks for your input anyway, its appreciated.