We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

The Incredible Double Standard of Dwarrowdelf

Due to recent events, several things have come to my attention, and in return brings back several memories. Many people accuse a certain person of cheating with a certain glitch. While this may or may not be true, I find it increasingly funny because some of these people that are calling them "cheater" "fail" ect have in fact cheated themselves.

Remember when the fury pot was bugged for creepside? 1 minute cc immunity. This was an exploit, and many creeps used it all of the time. The same creeps who are accusing people of cheating and calling them fail because of it. Not to mention all of the OTHER people who are going after these guys for cheating, when I don't ever remember seeing the amount of qq and hate towards the creeps for using the fury exploit.

Some of you will argue that the stat glitch =/= fury pot bug. While this is true stat wise, the fact of the matter is is that they are both exploits. The hypocrisy of people calling out certain people and making a huge deal over stat glitching, while the exact same people used the fury exploit and others never griefed the offenders over the fury pot bug.

I'm wondering why these people are so upset over it when they used exploits themselves.
    I'm wondering why the same people who didnt grief creeps exploiting the fury pot are now griefing the people supposedly exploiting stats.

Its disgusting.

So please, explain this double standard.

Also, while I was writing this, I found me a half full bag of chips. So now I will go to bed happy knowing that I was able to eat a yummy bag of cheddar and sourcream ruffles.

Before you talk about something you have to make sure you know what you are talking about, otherwise you will look like a fool for the people that do know the facts.

You made this thread in an attempt to defend farmers and supposed (supposed because i didn't personally see them glitching stats, only saw it on screenshots of other people) exploiters - because they are your friends - comparing a minor bug with an extreme exploit where they have the ability to have all stats capped, which your friends are being accused of doing. And not only you compared a minor bug with an extreme exploit but you went as far as saying something that isn't true about the minor bug, maybe because you don't know the facts, maybe because you do know but just intended to make the minor bug look more critical and comparable to the stat exploit. The Fury pot never gave 1m cc immunity, after 10s you could still be dazed, rooted and stunned. The only thing that lasted for 1m was the slow immunity.

I will finish by saying that people who talk about any subject not knowing the facts are far more ignorant than people who don't know anything about the subject but don't talk about it like they knew.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Unrecorded View Post
    Before you talk about something you have to make sure you know what you are talking about, otherwise you will look like a fool for the people that do know the facts.

You made this thread in an attempt to defend farmers and supposed (supposed because i didn't personally see them glitching stats, only saw it on screenshots of other people) exploiters - because they are your friends - comparing a minor bug with an extreme exploit where they have the ability to have all stats capped, which your friends are being accused of doing. And not only you compared a minor bug with an extreme exploit but you went as far as saying something that isn't true about the minor bug, maybe because you don't know the facts, maybe because you do know but just intended to make the minor bug look more critical and comparable to the stat exploit. The Fury pot never gave 1m cc immunity, after 10s you could still be dazed, rooted and stunned. The only thing that lasted for 1m was the slow immunity.

I will finish by saying that people who talk about any subject not knowing the facts are far more ignorant than people who don't know anything about the subject but don't talk about it like they knew.
    This^, pretty much my reaction.

Careful you must be, young Lunchboxe. Ignorance is the path to the dark side. Ignorance leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to Farming.

~Master Yodaboltz

Also agree with Zulu's post.

less than three~ Thunderboltz, the elite.

The following is one of the funniest things I've ever read and also sums up this thread perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by mgm1o1 View Post

Careful you must be, young Lunchboxe. Ignorance is the path to the dark side. Ignorance leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to Farming.

~Master Yodaboltz
    {Bbatburz, Ssuperburz, Ssupermann}
    What audacity does to new players who come to the Moors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezg4sr67OGA

Quote Originally Posted by Cardal View Post
    Due to recent events, several things have come to my attention, and in return brings back several memories. Many people accuse a certain person of cheating with a certain glitch. While this may or may not be true, I find it increasingly funny because some of these people that are calling them "cheater" "fail" ect have in fact cheated themselves.

Remember when the fury pot was bugged for creepside? 1 minute cc immunity. This was an exploit, and many creeps used it all of the time. The same creeps who are accusing people of cheating and calling them fail because of it. Not to mention all of the OTHER people who are going after these guys for cheating, when I don't ever remember seeing the amount of qq and hate towards the creeps for using the fury exploit.

Some of you will argue that the stat glitch =/= fury pot bug. While this is true stat wise, the fact of the matter is is that they are both exploits. The hypocrisy of people calling out certain people and making a huge deal over stat glitching, while the exact same people used the fury exploit and others never griefed the offenders over the fury pot bug.

I'm wondering why these people are so upset over it when they used exploits themselves.
    I'm wondering why the same people who didnt grief creeps exploiting the fury pot are now griefing the people supposedly exploiting stats.

Its disgusting.

So please, explain this double standard.

Also, while I was writing this, I found me a half full bag of chips. So now I will go to bed happy knowing that I was able to eat a yummy bag of cheddar and sourcream ruffles.
    Quite a bit of a difference between using a consumable pot which as an inadvertent side effect gave instead of 10 seconds of total cc immunity (hence a brand) gave I believe 1 min of slow immunity on top of the 10 seconds of cc immunity and someone going out of their way to do whatever hocus pocus it is that makes them have ultra inflated stats, the latter basically makes you a walking god which cannot be taken down by an entire fellowship, the former whether you intended it or not had a small minor effect on gameplay and plenty of people died with or without it on. Props for trying to make the 2 appear as equals because some of your associates seem to enjoy manipulating the game more than playing it, but that doesn't make you right and furthermore doesn't make inadvertent side effects of consumables = purposely manipulating the game to make you a walking tank. Also the pots were commonly used just for the stated buff listed on the tooltip and not for any unintended side effect, Im sure however it is that the stat glitch is being pulled off has nothing to do with a commonly used game item and furthermore has a very methodical approach (or money, yes I know there are sites with p2w hacks) used to properly get the effect. One is an unintended side effect of a commonly used potion, the other a little known glitch in the system which people who live to exploit things find and then pass on to buddies on the proper manner of how to use them.

In closing I consider both ways of exploiting if it was purposely used in that manner reprehensible, but I doubt very many people bought Akulhuns Fury just to get the non listed side effect, however I'm 100% sure if someone did the stat glitching buff via skirms or however it is that they did it (don't know specifics and don't want to know, just understand its not something someone would do by accident) that they totally meant to cheat.

Oh and Lunch, Thanks for listing my Weaver as best in class, I know your trolling and got a big head when you killed me at OC, but as I stated in OOC and will state again, I created that Weaver less than 30-36 hours ago, you have played yours more than a year....Don't give me a message that I fail/need to learn to play via some creep buddies and then send whoever it was to harass me/make personal threats when you know darned well someone just starting a class isn't up to par to compete with someone at the top of their game on a class they almost exclusively play.....We'll retry this in a Year and see how it goes when im rank 9-10 on my weaver....
    Last edited by Vezz; Dec 07 2012 at 09:43 AM.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Exploiting is ridiculous in any form. Stat glitching is ridiculous. Fury pot glitching was ridiculous. Ledging Saruman is ridiculous. All these defeat the whole point of the game in my opinion, which is working together to beat a challenge - Shiny loot is a bonus, not the entire point of the game.

Using an exploit to continually grief players goes beyond ridiculous territory into rude. The level of the rudeness and outrage is directly proportional to the amount of annoyance it causes... For instance, a raid of freeps could easily take down a pot glitching creep. The same statement cannot be made for a raid of creeps against a stat glitching freep. That's assuming that there are enough creeps to 'take down' said freep, which our server decidedly does not have in the nighttime hours.

The weirdest part is that the offenders involved could have done the same action sans glitch and have effectively held their own in a way that would've been productive to the overall action in the Moors (as stated previously, none of these people are actually bad at playing their class). If the point of such an action was, as stated, to prevent people 1v1ing - Well, they missed the forest for the trees. If the point was, as I suspect, a way to "get back" at people for killing "their" crops or for criticizing farming, so that they could farm in peace... Well, frankly, they define 'petty' and I would expect better from people I like.

But what is absolutely reprehensible is a gaming company receiving reports of said actions, and doing nothing to acknowledge the reports or to prevent future repeats of these actions, but instead actively preventing discussion of the offender's actions in the forums. The disdain with which Turbine has treated their own players recently sickens me.
    [b]Lythiea of Dwarrowdelf[/b], Member of [url=http://dd-asylum.info][b]Asylum[/b][/url] - R8 85 RK
    [b]Alts:[/b] Selenicereus, 85 guard, Castria, 85 cap, Fiordiligi, 82 LM, Minilyth, 75 mini, and Lythfiler, r6 filer.

Quote Originally Posted by dagneyandleo View Post
    Two wrongs do not make a right.

Exploiting is ridiculous in any form. Stat glitching is ridiculous. Fury pot glitching was ridiculous. Ledging Saruman is ridiculous. All these defeat the whole point of the game in my opinion, which is working together to beat a challenge - Shiny loot is a bonus, not the entire point of the game.

Using an exploit to continually grief players goes beyond ridiculous territory into rude. The level of the rudeness and outrage is directly proportional to the amount of annoyance it causes... For instance, a raid of freeps could easily take down a pot glitching creep. The same statement cannot be made for a raid of creeps against a stat glitching freep. That's assuming that there are enough creeps to 'take down' said freep, which our server decidedly does not have in the nighttime hours.

The weirdest part is that the offenders involved could have done the same action sans glitch and have effectively held their own in a way that would've been productive to the overall action in the Moors (as stated previously, none of these people are actually bad at playing their class). If the point of such an action was, as stated, to prevent people 1v1ing - Well, they missed the forest for the trees. If the point was, as I suspect, a way to "get back" at people for killing "their" crops or for criticizing farming, so that they could farm in peace... Well, frankly, they define 'petty' and I would expect better from people I like.

But what is absolutely reprehensible is a gaming company receiving reports of said actions, and doing nothing to acknowledge the reports or to prevent future repeats of these actions, but instead actively preventing discussion of the offender's actions in the forums. The disdain with which Turbine has treated their own players recently sickens me.
    I totally agree, but the worst problem atm is the attitude of some of these people not their actions, meaning they go out of their way to flip sides, start arguments, troll, Threaten to come to peoples houses and do bodily harm (which in and of itself shows the people not only to be cheaters and exploiters but on the edge of being thrugs and felons) and just overall bad conduct. I say if you got beef with me or with anyone else, take it out in the game, or as they would say in boxing, fight it out in the ring. find me and kill me in the moors, but stop this BS flipping to tell me how your gonna come get me cause you don't like my responses when you flip to your disposible creeps and start spamming OOC with inflammatory comments. I know not everyone on this server likes me, I have friends and enemies alike, but one thing I always do (and I suggest others do too) is if someone is spamming OOC or GLFF with virtroil directed towards you.....acknowledge the person with a rebuttal and then put them on chat ignore...I dont believe in flipping to QQ because not only is it immature but shows bad sportsmanship.
    Last edited by Vezz; Dec 07 2012 at 10:13 AM.

Fury pot =/= stat glitching

Not sure if this is supposed to be a legitimate argument....

... or a troll post.

I don't need to repeat what others have already eloquently said, but there is really no argument to be made here.

The stat exploiters have been caught in their own lies again and now must go on the offensive against a new target.

The Alkhun's Fury Pot glitch was annoying. Just that, annoying.

Did people use it solely for the slow immunity? Yep.
    Did that slow immunity give them thousands in glitched stat points in order to compete in PvP? Nope.
    Did they use those slow pots to grief 1v1s and general PvP constantly? Nope.

Not only are the magnitude of these exploits nowhere near the same at all, the fact that one of them had a cooldown and could only be used every two minutes (while also having to be purchased with commendations) while the other can be permanently used and gives much more benefits than a one minute slow immunity.

I expect glff to be full of your "success" of trolling Dwarrowdelf once you see that this topic has gone downhill from your intentions.

This whole topic is simply a troll post but this is the real problem:

Quote Originally Posted by dagneyandleo View Post
    Ive never been a big moors player but I occasionally bought VIP when PvE was slowing down and had alot of fun out there. However now I cant see any reason to ever renew my subscription if the GM's allow this nonsense to continue. And the people who farm/glitch/grief, I dont see how this is any fun for you, have you completely given up on the game? To each there own I guess.