We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation Crashing Internet?

Every time I log into LOTRO to play, I can usually only play for a few minutes before the game begins to glitch. First my character freezes and won't move forward or back. Then it reads that I have lost connection. I have to quit the game only to find that my internet is not being detected. To get my laptop to connect to the internet again I have to restart it. I have tried both wired and wireless connections and they do the same thing. I thought it could be my wireless router but there are other computers that are on this network and they still connect with the internet. I have downloaded other games similar to this and never had a problem before. Can someone help, or point me to a topic (I feel like I've missed the solution somewhere) that helps me fix this problem?

wifi chip overheating?

See, I thought about that but I'm not up to par with knowledge of a wifi chip. When I'm on wireless it still can detect other wireless around me. (I live in an apartment complex so I can detect my neighbors wireless.) That's why I switched to a wired connection. Would the wifi chip still cause a wired connection to not work?

Quote Originally Posted by Arurien View Post
    See, I thought about that but I'm not up to par with knowledge of a wifi chip. When I'm on wireless it still can detect other wireless around me. (I live in an apartment complex so I can detect my neighbors wireless.) That's why I switched to a wired connection. Would the wifi chip still cause a wired connection to not work?
    Well if your laptop overheats any random thing can go wrong.

It is reasonably common that heavy downloads disconnect wifi routers due to &&&&ty software in either windows drivers or the hub's firmware. But that would affect you during download. During play there is very little internet traffic.

More details on the notebook?

If it's an overheating problem you can try elevating the laptop to get some air circulation underneath it. I usually use this with my Macbook Pro: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...-n200?crid=694 . It runs VERY hot in Windows, but cooler now with the new Mac client.

You might see if you can borrow one and if that extends the time until crashing.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>