We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Angry Common Flax Not dropping again And Tailor Recipes Sapience or QuartermasterU please

Well I have posted on This problem 2 or 3 times. It seems LOTRO once again has messed up the drop rates on common flax. and possibly other as well. Yesterday I farmed 300 rowen logs killed dwarfs goblins and brigadans and managed to get 3 whole common flax fibers. &&& !!! I must have found 50 heavy rowen wood pile and not 1 gave up a single flax. but yet almost every tin of copper mine gave up crit item or a jems

I just don't understand how they manage to mess the simple thing up time and time again. by time I can get enough Common flax to make a set of armour I already need bree flax. Most times it takes about 15 common flax for a set of 12 level armour. But yet not one time can I get it before I don't need it.

So yesterday I ran all of Ered Luin, Shire and part of Bree yet I only got 3 common flax and now my toon is 18th level. woot this is such Bs to say the least but I did get 25 grey rock salt 33 crude brimstone and 27 sticky resin.

This is really burning my tukus !! For while it did get better but its never so much as even come close to all other forms of crit items I even got more shards than flax.

Now I am up around 100 toons and 3 accounts. Eveny time I start out on a new server it seems to be this way. So every time I end u running around in my green armour but have no trouble to get my ctit mats for weapons,

I mean look at this, the average toon needs 2 weapons 3 if your a hunter but you need 7 for a basic armour set. So this means you neen 3 times the amount of flax then u do all other crit inged. but yet it seems LOTRO time and time again set these drop rates bakwards to say the least.

Could someone please explain to me why his has been such a mess for the last year 1/2 that I have been playing and if you look back thru old theads threads it almost been going on since the game was born.

Now I am pretty sure if you just tripled the common flax drops so that peps have 12 level critted armour at level really should not have some major ill affect on game balance. really now.

Funny but the same problem is with the drop rates of 12 level tailor recipes so here again I got 2 tailor scolls all day yesterday but hay it was really great to get 15 pea green wall paint for a scholar 12 metalsmith scrolls 14 jeweller. 11 woodworker 16 weaponsmith. so here again same problem.

I mean one look in the AH and a blind man could see there is a problem with tailor scolls when the first 3 tiers have nothing in them and if there is you can see 12 recipes for the tailor sell for 175 to 1 gold and the same level jewller recipes selling for 15 silver.

12 level taior recipes need to start droping right from the start of the game so a person has a chance to actully make 12 level armour at 12 and this is true all the way up the ladder.

Take Forochel the armor you can craft from favor there could never be til you almost done the the area and have long outleveled it usefullnesss or you can backfeed rep items with a higerlevel toon. Almost every area in the game is like this

Now this does not need a degree in maketing to see there is a major unbalance !!

Come on LOTRO balance these drop rates to it makes sence. Or at least for palces like Forochel allow players to disable XP so you would have time to earn the favor and make the armour to use it there

I would really like a answer from someone that Works for LOTRO everyones input is welcome but but a answer from someone like Sapience or QuartermasterU would be best please I know u guys are busy but this has gone on too long.

That's a pretty bad glitch, but it's not as bad as you're making it out to be, like you said by the time you are lvl 18 you're

already tier2 level, tier1 is a waste anyway i'd take lvl 14 armor over lvl 12 armor any day, and it's not hard to master tier2 or

tier1 anyway

In the immortal words of Sapience, soon, Fearless.one, soon (tm). Or maybe later.

For a few marks you could have just gotten them from a crafting skirmish barter.

I can hear the collective sigh of a thousand players who don't care.
    Connomir: Warden of Firefoots Best, Resurrection.
    95s on Farmfoot: Ramapo - Vendortrash
    Farmpaws and Thorvion forever 15, thank turbine.
    A Proud Member of the Forgotten 10%

Quote Originally Posted by KevMcC View Post
    I can hear the collective sigh of a thousand players who don't care.
    Well there is no reason to be rude maybe you don't care which is fine with me mosy people that have 2 or 3 toons and are sitting at game cap would not have reason to care. I would imagine that includes you!

But for folks like that like playing on all the servers it a pain in the neck. You did read the part that I have over 100 active toons right? and if this post had no interest to you then why post nothing more then a useless comment from the back row. I would ,think you would just pass on by and pay no attention. You made this useless comment just to get a rise out of me. Where I come from we call folks that do that forum tolls.

So if you have no useful infromation that has something to do with my thread then please feel free to move along to a post that you are interested in.

I pretty much agree with the OP. Considering that 6 out of 9 classes get their crafted armour from the tailor, drop rates for flax are pretty poor from tiers 1-6. I can't recall ever being short of woodworker, weaponsmith, jeweller, or metalsmith crit items. I have not had any problems with tiers 7-8 since they use a different system.

Quote Originally Posted by Helnuir View Post
    For a few marks you could have just gotten them from a crafting skirmish barter.
    well yes I do that when I am on servers that I have toons that have reached 20th level. In this case I am taking about starting fresh on a server where I have nothing. Or say in the case where someone new starts out out that has never played.

Also this problem affects the whole game when your running thru the first time.

But the problem is this simple but yet it goes all the way up the game just used low level numbers for the sample from a toon a just ran a few days ago. The way the game is set up now you pretty much have to powerlevel a toon up and back feed all the toons that follow.

Now for those of us that have higer level toons it not a problem, but first timers have it pretty rough. I would think this would be a simple fix. I was looking thru the AH yesterday and seen peps asking 400 silver for one bree flax on the average it take 1 to 3 flax fibers to get a crit. Really what piece of armour at that level is worth 400 to 1200 silver.

The same thing with recipes I am sure its real turn off to new players when they play there first or 2nd toon and can't afford to buy the recipies. I don't know if you all have noticed but the player base here has been droping like a rock. Worlds that where so busy before look like ghost towns.

I know all the high level players don't care much but stuff like this drives away new players so fixing small stuff like this helps keep players that start and stay.

Anyway I not asking for anything that should not be in the first place but shouldn't all crit stuff drop at about the same rate within reason?

I know this won't get fixed.

I am now on my 2nd day of farming wood and after 20 plus hours or farming the shire I now have 7 common flax, 3 bree flax, 35 grey rock salt, 27 crude brimstone, 10 pale brimstone, 32 sticky resin 10 ash resin, 27 whetstones, 50 agate and 32 amethysts.

I have close to 400 logs of rowen, 200 copper, 85 tin, 45 borrow iron and 24 chunks of silver

So this sample was taken from 2 toons over 2 days of farming the shire

As you can see flax is not dropping.

So I posted the facts here and asked to why?

You need about 15 flax to make a set of crit armour,You need 2 to 3 pieces of resin for a wood weapon and the same for whetstones for metal weapons. a set of armour is 7 pieces amd every one needs 7 for a set. on average most clases need 1 or 2 weapons hunters need 3, 1 wood and 2 metal.

7 pieces of jewllery so te grey rocksalt is about right

Resin and whetstones are over kill and flax is a joke that is my point. The balance here is way out of wack

The tailor recipes are about the same you need about 15 apprentice tailor. you need about 5 apprentice jewller recipes 1 apprentice scholar recipes Pea Grean wall paint woot, There is 5 wood melee recipes and 3 ranged. That is 8 total for wood and 6 metal melee weapons these are just drop recipes. I not going into the metal smith stuff becuase tool recipes as all vender and no one can use heavy armour til level 15 and the rest not till 20th level so for the point i am makeing this really has no bearing.

Now in the last 2 days of questing on 2 different toons

I found 5 apprentice tailor, recipes 8 scholor, yep pea green wall Paint who could live without it? Can't even buy a house til 15 level *lol*

12 apprentice jewllery recipes 14 apprentice woodworker 11 weaponsmith

So the same hold true here tailor drops are way off the mark also when looking in thru AH there was not even one tailor recipe to be found yet there was a bunch of all the other trades

So it don't take a MIT grade to see something is not right.

The tailor trade is getting the shaft. This is not smething that just started either its been going on for over a 1 1/2 that i have been here. it does tend to yo yo where is get a bit better but never close to right.

These are just facts I see the same problem if I am Moria or in the Shire, Tailor drop rates are mess and it has been that way for long time.

I am by far not the first to post on this subject.

Now I am just asking fro a answer from someone at LOTRO for a reason or even a "hay we are working on it"

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless.one View Post
    Well there is no reason to be rude maybe you don't care which is fine with me mosy people that have 2 or 3 toons and are sitting at game cap would not have reason to care. I would imagine that includes you!

But for folks like that like playing on all the servers it a pain in the neck. You did read the part that I have over 100 active toons right? and if this post had no interest to you then why post nothing more then a useless comment from the back row. I would ,think you would just pass on by and pay no attention. You made this useless comment just to get a rise out of me. Where I come from we call folks that do that forum tolls.

So if you have no useful infromation that has something to do with my thread then please feel free to move along to a post that you are interested in.
    I actually genuinely believe that it was a good public service announcement to let you know the wall of text you put up is A. a problem of a small minority of players. B. Available in the skirmish barter. C. A generally inefficient waste of developers time to fix.

If you have 100s of toons who are active and all low level then you have NO active toons.
    Connomir: Warden of Firefoots Best, Resurrection.
    95s on Farmfoot: Ramapo - Vendortrash
    Farmpaws and Thorvion forever 15, thank turbine.
    A Proud Member of the Forgotten 10%

Hi!

I don't think your numbers are correct at all in any shape or form:

I pushed one alt character through to lvl 10 and had 9 common flax after 6 rowan wood nodes and 30 Ered Luin goblins.

Also, as has been pointedly pointed out - you can barter for them at a cost of 10 marks per pop (used to cost more but it was lowered...around the time of Great River release I think). One character through to 20 for a few marks is entirely doable in a session - then you run a few skirms to get marks (and if you wish, do one or two basic liutenant deeds done - 5 of one type - for a nice mark boost).

EDIT That was yesterday I made that one alt character. /EDIT
    Last edited by Macroscian; Dec 07 2012 at 05:24 PM.

Look I know flax can bartered but you should not have too! I really don't think that a drop rate problem takes a army of folks to fix. It's a value entry in the code any programmer worth his salt could fix it in moments.

Now let see, you say my toons are not active because a I have over a hundred toons well lets see. I play about 16 hours a day 7 days a week. a few days I don't play of play that much, but mostly I do, sorry I don't have a life I am disabled so I have lots a free time. I rotate thru all my toons and spend about a week at a time on each server. My not active toons get more play then most peps that think they play a lot..

Now do you really think I made this stuff up and took the time to put this much detail in just for fun.

Like I said if you not interested that is fine but it has been like this off and on for the last year and 1/2 the flax drop rates are out of balance, this is a fact there has been many posts over this problem. It gets better from time to time then gets real bad. then it get a bit better then the cycle starts all over again. It's also my just a probelm a low levels. The recipe drop rates can be seen on any server in AH when the first 3 tiers have nothing in them or you can see that the price for tailor recipes for the first 2 tiers cost as much as the last 2. Do yo really think a new player can afford 175 to 500 silver for one recipe for tier 1 and 2 .

Problems like this send new players running.

Look I am not here to fight with anyone. I took the time to post about a valid problem in the game nothing more or less. I am not looking to sit here and debate it with folks that have no power to fix it

Now do I really think there going to fix it, really not but just maybe I get lucky one time and someone takes the time to check out the problem and fixes it. You never know unless you try now do you?

Now I don't have any intentions of carrying on with this because before its done the whole issue will get so clouded in BS and if my post ever had a chance of being seen by anyone that matters they won't even know what it was about

Red face Low drop rate

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless.one View Post
    Look I know flax can bartered but you should not have too! I really don't think that a drop rate problem takes a army of folks to fix. It's a value entry in the code any programmer worth his salt could fix it in moments.

Problems like this send new players running.

Look I am not here to fight with anyone. I took the time to post about a valid problem in the game nothing more or less. I am not looking to sit here and debate it with folks that have no power to fix it

Now do I really think there going to fix it, really not but just maybe I get lucky one time and someone takes the time to check out the problem and fixes it. You never know unless you try now do you?

Now I don't have any intentions of carrying on with this because before its done the whole issue will get so clouded in BS and if my post ever had a chance of being seen by anyone that matters they won't even know what it was about
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am right there with you buddy, have 4 toons with light or medium armor and working on my first tailor and finding out the hard way that fiber just don't drop that often. I find more dropping from defeating creatures, wargs and wolves than from wood.
    Bought golden flax for my lvl 42 mini new armour last night at 35 marks each. Call me cheap but I don't like to spend marks on items i can normally farm. Wish LOTRO would correct their mistake.
    Keep on playin friend.