We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5

    Turbine fails to respond to mass griefing in PvMP

    http://imgur.com/a/iv1LY#0

    The above is an account of a group of players deliberately griefing 1v1s that had been set up for an hour prior to their arrival. They proceeded to brag in glff and OOC about their actions. This cannot continue. Turbine is allowing players to cause others to actually quit the game, such actions are griefing and are supposed to be prevented under the CoC. Several reports were filed, even asking for an email to supply screen shots of the "EDA"'s actions, but all were closed. Turbine is losing customers to certain players actions. This cannot continue.

    Either they must be banned or driven off. Burn in hell, members of EDA.

    Since there is confusion, an edit: The issue is not the 1v1s, it is the stat glitching and saying that it is a valid form of play. They players in question were boasting about being unkillable against multiple creeps due to their glitching. This was posted while I was intoxicated, and as such was relatively unclear.

    Below, a post was made exposing one of their members while using this glitch.

    Edit 2: Please also be aware, the link is of a collection of pictures, cycle through them in the box on the right.
    Last edited by AwesomePants; Dec 05 2012 at 06:32 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,587
    I thought the whole concept of Pv[M]P was that it's WAR. There are few 'laws of war' and none that could be considered applicable in the context of this game deal with active combatants, so how does the concept of 'griefing' apply in the Moors?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerin_Eldar View Post
    I thought the whole concept of Pv[M]P was that it's WAR. There are few 'laws of war' and none that could be considered applicable in the context of this game deal with active combatants, so how does the concept of 'griefing' apply in the Moors?
    Would you like the pictures of them saying that they are griefing?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    50
    Turbine has historically been terrible about customer service or ever getting back to people's reports (of players or bugs) with remotely human replies (e.g. generic mass rejection spam messages from scumbag customer service). They go gung-ho on reports about "offensive language" and ban people, but permit essentially anything else lol.

    Tangential example: Your customers just bought an expansion (RoI) and are trying your new content and it severely bugs out multiple times? Even when they've cleared the content down to 1% before getting drops and most of those customers are in a group with solid health? Cool they'll send in bug reports to help you out and to get something done about it. Oh, Scumbag customer service spam replies to their reports that there is nothing they can do about it and that you *shouldn't play that content then if it doesn't work or you don't want to risk the bugs!* Oh, that new content is probably just in some random place on an obscure map? Yeah, just main feature of their content release, the highly anticipated and advertised Draigoch raid! LOL.

    Other MMOs Customer service: I've seen how WoW and Rift respond to their MMO players and it's typically much more helpful. WoW doesn't needle on language as insanely as Lotro does, but attends to your other, likely more significant, needs pretty quickly (including legit griefing beyond the occasional use of profanity). Hell, in Rift when their top raiders were working on newly released content, and something would bug, they would send a moderator INTO the raid and investigate, and if they saw it was a legit issue and the raid would have cleared it, or earned a chest that didn't drop, they'd unlock the chest or bugged progression so they could be rewarded properly and move forward.

    I'm glad you're all making a solid effort to purge this toxic sort of behavior, but I'm sad to say you shouldn't get your hopes up (and I think the people involved know it). Hell, this thread calling for community attention to the issue will likely get locked rather than properly addressed lol.
    Last edited by FreaverDoomsie; Dec 05 2012 at 01:29 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,713
    I believe the canned GM (and forum) response to claims of "griefing" in the 'moors is:

    "QQ moar."
    [color=red]Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...[/color]

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,405
    Nothing in the Terms or Service or Code of Conduct guarantees that you'll have the ability to have uninterrupted 1v1s in an open PvP zone.

    People have been interrupting 1v1s since the first 1v1 on any server. Those folks that do it repeatedly tend to be shunned by the community if the community feels that 1v1s are somehow sacred ground, so it'll work itself out.

    It's amusing that you think it's griefing. You don't get to choose a patch of ground in an open PvP zone and declare that only activities that you permit are allowed to happen there. Well done tying up GM time with a bunch of ticket submissions, though.

    Edit to add: it's even more amusing now that I looked at the picture. Perhaps don't choose a high traffic area for 1v1s?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestache View Post
    Nothing in the Terms or Service or Code of Conduct guarantees that you'll have the ability to have uninterrupted 1v1s in an open PvP zone.

    People have been interrupting 1v1s since the first 1v1 on any server. Those folks that do it repeatedly tend to be shunned by the community if the community feels that 1v1s are somehow sacred ground, so it'll work itself out.

    It's amusing that you think it's griefing. You don't get to choose a patch of ground in an open PvP zone and declare that only activities that you permit are allowed to happen there. Well done tying up GM time with a bunch of ticket submissions, though.

    Edit to add: it's even more amusing now that I looked at the picture. Perhaps don't choose a high traffic area for 1v1s?
    Although the 1v1s may not matter because it's not against the CoC, you don't understand at all what some of these ppl are doing.

    Don't come in from another server and think you know all about it.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestache View Post
    Nothing in the Terms or Service or Code of Conduct guarantees that you'll have the ability to have uninterrupted 1v1s in an open PvP zone.

    People have been interrupting 1v1s since the first 1v1 on any server. Those folks that do it repeatedly tend to be shunned by the community if the community feels that 1v1s are somehow sacred ground, so it'll work itself out.

    It's amusing that you think it's griefing. You don't get to choose a patch of ground in an open PvP zone and declare that only activities that you permit are allowed to happen there. Well done tying up GM time with a bunch of ticket submissions, though.

    Edit to add: it's even more amusing now that I looked at the picture. Perhaps don't choose a high traffic area for 1v1s?
    wow, you could almost get a job as GM with that kind of ignorance of what the issue actually is...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Eomon View Post
    wow, you could almost get a job as GM with that kind of ignorance of what the issue actually is...
    All I have to go off is what the OP stated, which was simply "some people were griefing 1v1s and bragging about it". Perhaps you folks could explain why you think that breaking up 1v1s and bragging about it are against the rules. If it helps, try to frame the argument in such a way that doesn't assume that arranged 1v1s get special treatment.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Skii View Post
    Although the 1v1s may not matter because it's not against the CoC, you don't understand at all what some of these ppl are doing.

    Don't come in from another server and think you know all about it.
    What are they doing? Killing enemy players is allowed, wherever they are and as often as someone is able. Corpse-jumping, gloating, and taunting are allowed--in fact, Turbine has added emotes to make it easier. Creating kins is legal. Zerging is legal.

    There's nothing in the CoC that will protect you from dying in the 'moors. Killing someone in a pvp zone can't be considered as "causing grief or alarm to other players" since they're "enjoying the game world as intended". You might have a case for stalking if it's very personal, but a 1v1 circle at GTA is not exactly personal. If it *is* personal, and you can prove it, then file a ticket for harassment. But not because someone is breaking up your fight club.

    The only real recourse you have, otherwise, is social pressure. If there're enough people that agree with stigmatizing people who break up 1v1 circles, then turn the tables and hunt the "griefers" down.

    There's no whining in war.
    [color=red]Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...[/color]

  11. #11
    I wasn't aware there was 1v1 in the moors? as far as I knew it's a home grown rule that people have the option of ignoring if they choose, as such I'm not sure how it can be griefing. While I respect that some people like to do a 1v1 and I haven't broken into a 1 v1 where I can actually tell it is one, I also understand that there's a group of people who don't want to waste their time with it and find it annoying to see everyone sitting around 1v1.

    Wompado

  12. #12
    What i believe that people are getting at is that they are complaining that they are boasting about stopping 1v1s while the EDA (aka entenmoors department of agriculture aka farmers) are left alone (other then some sometimes harsh comments in ooc/glff) when they are farming. There are many people who stop 1v1s like smellycat, who is a troll anyways, or the once roudy but still are held in high regard by the servers community.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Zapzap
    Posts
    131
    Could have worded it a bit better but what the real issue is is the stat glitching (just hit next to get to the photo with 20some k morale)
    Last edited by connor9890; Dec 05 2012 at 04:54 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    288
    http://i.imgur.com/9sLAG.png

    Proof Of another member stat bugging, I really hope you all get banned, Lotro I'm done with this game, I'm moving on until you all choose to actually do something about this game, You lose my money starting now. No More Moors for me.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    452
    To the two users from the other servers, I have one simple question for you.

    Are you trying to ignore the fact that Belvelgar had 20K health? Did you look at those screenshots? I'm no wizard when it comes to the max morale, but I'm pretty sure that IS NOT POSSIBLE. The griefing is annoying, but I'm not really focused on that. Tell me that his morale/power is not an exploit. OH WAIT, you can't.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,405
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy12410 View Post
    To the two users from the other servers, I have one simple question for you.

    Are you trying to ignore the fact that Belvelgar had 20K health? Did you look at those screenshots? I'm no wizard when it comes to the max morale, but I'm pretty sure that IS NOT POSSIBLE. The griefing is annoying, but I'm not really focused on that. Tell me that his morale/power is not an exploit. OH WAIT, you can't.
    Yeah, if the people are using the exploit to juice up their stats, then yeah - that's something that should be punished.

    All the OP complained about was 1v1s being griefed. Not our fault if the person making the complaint isn't capable of communicating what the actual problem is.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestache View Post
    Yeah, if the people are using the exploit to juice up their stats, then yeah - that's something that should be punished.

    All the OP complained about was 1v1s being griefed. Not our fault if the person making the complaint isn't capable of communicating what the actual problem is.
    As to this, I posted when I was drunk. I figured if you read the descriptions under the pictures, you would understand the whole post. There were 1v1s at GTA because of not many people being out. Belvelgar, the one pictured, showed up with 7.5k health, the boosted to 21k and proceeded to get impossibly high, constant crits on creeps with 10 audacity (constant 5-6ks on a high ranked wls). Sycarius posted an image of one of their members using this exploit, which was reported, and also ignored by the GMs.

    Sorry for the poor clarity, it was better in the other posts I have made throughout the internet.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,405
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomePants View Post
    As to this, I posted when I was drunk. I figured if you read the descriptions under the pictures, you would understand the whole post. There were 1v1s at GTA because of not many people being out. Belvelgar, the one pictured, showed up with 7.5k health, the boosted to 21k and proceeded to get impossibly high, constant crits on creeps with 10 audacity (constant 5-6ks on a high ranked wls). Sycarius posted an image of one of their members using this exploit, which was reported, and also ignored by the GMs.

    Sorry for the poor clarity, it was better in the other posts I have made throughout the internet.
    No worries - my fault as well, as I didn't realize there was a series of pictures at first.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    86
    This whole moors situation is become more frustrating. I'd say we should all have a report to GM day in the moors for stat exploiting but I've yet to have a GM actually respond in a helpful manner in the last 2 1/2 years I've been playing LOTRO. So I guess at this point we either stand around and ignore/watch them exploit, pve, or play something else. I just generally leave the moors when I see any of them there. :/
    [color=skyblue2]Stocky 95 RK[/color] - [color=violet]Lalwrence 85[/color] -[color=PaleGoldenRod] Dov 95 LM[/color] - [color=MediumVioletRed]Lallie 85 Mini[/color] - [color=springgreen]Meghan 85 Hunter[/color] - [color=tomato]Lalraen 85 Champ[/color]

  20. #20
    Thal has always been an expert troll, but not Sno. I miss the old Sno x( Thal must have cast a troll spell on him O_O Time for cure research! >xO}{
    Chieftain Rayzr of Dwarrowdelf (Reaver)
    Footman Sakeri of Dwarrowdelf (Captain)

  21. #21
    My ticket was closed as well. No idea if the GMs will do anything as this definitely is not the first time Smifro has been exploiting.

    The only way to deal with the exploiters, farmers, and guys who throw out threats of physical violence is for the community to police itself. Don't let these guys in your kins, your raids, etc and maybe they will think twice about who they associate with.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload