We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Where to start?

Where to start?

Hi all,

I was trying to decide wether to look into LOTRO or go back to WOW. I thought i might go ahead and have a look at LOTRO

But i noticed there is no EU server? so is the game not doing well, or?

If i start, which server should i choose? im from denmark, so maybe a server that is active in my time zone?

Thanks on advance. Any new player tips are greatly appriciated.

On a last note, what is the end-game focus (PvE, story or PvP) and is the game suited for very casual gamers (1-2 hours a day at most).

Thanks

if i remember right following servers are mostly populated with folks from the EU.
    Anduin, Belegaer, Gwaihir, Maiar, Morthond, Vanyar (as german servers)
    Estel, Sirannon (as french ones)

Eldar, Evernight, Gilrain, Laurelin (RP), Snowbourn or Withywindle (mainly english talking peolpe)

which of those suits you the best? mmmh dunno, you might check the server forums.

about the end-game; end-game is what you want. i prefer raiding/ skirmishing (very casual friendly (: )and pvp.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr317/downheartedx/signature5.png[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

Hi and welcome. There are no EU servers anymore since Turbine took over from CodeMasters. There are some with European population of the french or german speaking community tagged in the list with [FR] and [DE]. As it comes to other servers, just pick the one you like or that is suggested to you upon startup.

Hello and welcome!
    I am a norwegian player at the arkenstone server. Mostly American players but i there are plenty off ppl loggend on at GMT+1 evening/nights.

As said earlyer in the post the endgame is up to you and what u like to do.
    I would deeply recomend to start playing lotro, it a lot of fun - and many friendly players.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000292b9c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thanks a lot for the help guys, i am soon finished with the download

I really like the fact that it's a casual friendly game, coz i am VERY casual :P

Now to choose a class im going dwarf race for sure, but time will tell which class any suggestions? (i know it depends on my playstyle, but just for the fun it)

Quote Originally Posted by Seerexis View Post
    Thanks a lot for the help guys, i am soon finished with the download

I really like the fact that it's a casual friendly game, coz i am VERY casual :P

Now to choose a class im going dwarf race for sure, but time will tell which class any suggestions? (i know it depends on my playstyle, but just for the fun it)
    Depends on what you want to do, as you said - playerstyle. Myself is a DPS guy, i like to bring the pain to the table, thas why i went with a champ as my first character, its easy to play also. Tanking is also a good thing to have, and its much needed and asked for at the endgame in raids and etc, thats the guardian class. Hunter is more DPS support class, and is usfull in the pvp in the moors for tracking down hidden foes. The classes brings much more to the table ofc, buts its just a breef summery.

Hope this helps.

Edit: If you want, u can get a Rune-Keeper, its DPS and heal. Im leveling a RK now, im like that class alot.
    Last edited by Fomp; Dec 04 2012 at 07:09 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000292b9c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Not sure if this is any help at all to you but I recently started F2P just the other day and I made an Elf Hunter, found it to be a really great class so far though I am only level 10 and climbing!