We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

An Ainur Roadtrip

An Unexpected Journey! ... er, alright, it's been expected since last April. Either way, we're forming up a fellowship of men, hobbits, dwarves, and elves to venture forth to the Texas Renaissance Festival this coming weekend! We have our two captains, an rk, a minstrel, 2 random nubcakes from outside of kin (Doomsie's bf and said-bf's brother) who will just be forced to tank and dps for us.

While you all battle amid the Riders of Rohan, we'll navigate our ways through the Barbarian Invasion weekend lol. We're going to set our Ainur Roadtrip difficulty level to tier 3 and shoot for the challenge mode. We'll post our server first achievement screenshots upon our return!

In part, I'm using this as an opportunity to remind you of the friendships you do form in this game, and how valuable and fun they are! Several of our kinnies will be there in spirit (and drunken phone calls ).

We'll be camping out, too, hopefully it isn't unintentionally on a new map point

Take care, DD!

Have fun dooms and friends

Sounds awesome haha

I'm writing this from Merthin's house . Me, him and Staissi are all hangin' out cause Doomsie's too much of a nubcake to be show up until tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Warth View Post
    I'm writing this from Merthin's house . Me, him and Staissi are all hangin' out cause Doomsie's too much of a nubcake to be show up until tomorrow.
    <3 Merthin.
    WTB Choppa back in moors.
    {Bbatburz, Ssuperburz, Ssupermann}
    What audacity does to new players who come to the Moors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezg4sr67OGA

tell merth to come play on choppa one of these days

Doomsie on the road, riding past old ec to meet up with the Ainur raid at lugz. No croob sightings, wtb renown.

Quote Originally Posted by FreaverDoomsie View Post
    Doomsie on the road, riding past old ec to meet up with the Ainur raid at lugz. No croob sightings, wtb renown.
    Denied. No reknown for you.

Bring Ainur to TA.....

We have 2 cappies, a mini, and an rk, you really wanna call that doom down on creep? Trololol

Been to Texas Ren Fest a few times myself and had a blast. Hope yall have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by FreaverDoomsie View Post
    We have 2 cappies, a mini, and an rk, you really wanna call that doom down on creep? Trololol
    Yes, I'll bring Shap, Cry, Kami, Burg, Xik, Revan, Aurshi, Zanoz, Karm, and many others to gank. :P

Because 4 Ainur vs. 100000000000 Creeps and croobs is totally fair ;o

Quote Originally Posted by Skii View Post
    Yes, I'll bring Shap, Cry, Kami, Burg, Xik, Revan, Aurshi, Zanoz, Karm, and many others to gank. :P
    get ready to run, that ain't near enough to handle Ainur zergsssss

Quote Originally Posted by connor9890 View Post
    get ready to run, that ain't near enough to handle Ainur zergsssss
    Did I mention we'll have all the OPs and be in our own npcs?

... even so, your probably right.....

The fellowship has broken. Merth is back home, as am I, while Bork and Stais still have their flights tonight. RL screenshots of our nerd conquests to come! The dried creep blood is still staining my hands ...

Also, lawl.
    Last edited by FreaverDoomsie; Nov 11 2012 at 03:09 PM.

I have diminished and returned to the West.

The boat was postponed by an hour, which totally ruined the epic ending. Nothing more awkward than roleplaying in the airport Galadriel's response to Frodo offering her the ring and not having the boat ready:

"In the place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!"

"I have passed the test. I will diminish, and go into the West, and remain Galadriel."

(Looks behind.)

"Where is that damned boat?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rhippal View Post
    I have diminished and returned to the West.

The boat was postponed by an hour, which totally ruined the epic ending. Nothing more awkward than roleplaying in the airport Galadriel's response to Frodo offering her the ring and not having the boat ready:

"In the place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!"

"I have passed the test. I will diminish, and go into the West, and remain Galadriel."

(Looks behind.)

"Where is that damned boat?"
    It does feel poetically like Return of the King though, the book that never ends - you have the end on the mountain (at the ren fair), then the marriage and end in Minas Tirith (something about going back to whichever house you were staying at), The meeting with Saruman and the breaking of the fellowship (whoever left first), the scouring of the shire (cleaning up the house and packing and heading to the airport) followed by a really awkward sequence of crying hobbits and boats (the airport and the delayed flight).

I am of course extrapolating some details, not sure if it actually went down like that.

Hope yall enjoyed yalls time there.. Haha funny yall were about a hour away from me So many old ainur friends so close XD

LOL Stais! And Trauron was totally Gollum stalking us the whole time &&&!

Ata! We invited you and even tried CALLING you before Bork and Merth took a chance at an archery booth, but you abandoned them in their time of need! /mourn

Also, we're still waiting on Merth to put up his goddamn pictures so we can share >=(

that was u calling ?! LOLOL

You should've taken that call Ata. It would have been a good experience for you. I speak from experience.

What is this you guys are talking about, the Texas Renaissance Fair? If so where in Texas is it? I live in Texas but have never heard of it....

I believe its somehwere near Houston. And Vid if Id have known it was one of yall and not another female stalker (not saying doomsie isnt stalkerish but whatevs) I would have answered lol.. I had lotsa family at the ren fair this year too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutzag22 View Post
    I believe its somehwere near Houston.
    Oh darn. That would be about a 5 hour drive or so for me.

Pro status shenanigans. Bork got the leet rk dress drop from the raid boss trololol:

We found Gandalf!

We decided that this guy was black-Toa so he could be there with us in spirit:

Sunday morning, we had a Hobbit breakfast at Denny's, as proudly shown here by /heropose Bork:

[More images following, 4 limit per post QQQQQQQQ]

Dooms as Luthien from the Silmarillion and her bf as Solaire from Dark Souls. The port-o-potties in the background kindly stood in as creep irl:

Solaire, "PRAISE THE SUN" for any Dark Souls nerds:

Stais about to interrupt Bork and Merth's tent "Quest" together:

Burning embers kept the wargs from stealthing up on us while we drunk called Vid:

[More to come]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast