We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Specific gem question.

I have come across a sealed Adamant Gem of Dreams.

It gives +1200 TM, +96 ICPR, and +230 crit, and you can't get new ones anymore.

What's your opinion on using it?

For comparison:

- Red Agate Gem of the Steadfast (+27 vit, +598 crit)
    - Red Agate Gem of Untold Wonders (+27 fate, +598 crit)
    - True Gem of the Encircling Seas (+595 TM and PM, +126 ICPR and ICMR)
    - Eastemnet Gem of Charity (+182 tact mit, +808 TM, +310 power)
    - True Gem of the Rising Moon (+35 vit, +646 PM and TM, +147 ICPR)

And on what (kind of) LI would you use it on?

And what's your estimation on selling it? (I'm on Gladden; any figures from Gladdenites will be viewed with suspicion).

Captain is my only tactical class.

That's a spectacular gem for a healing captain. Not so much for those that care about damage, but the TM + the crit makes it spectacular for healing purposes. Plus, cappies do tend to run out of power pretty easily, so the ICPR is nice too. True Gem of the Rising Moon is the only one I see that may be comparable, probably better for those that care about DPSing as well.

So yeah. If you do healing/support on cappy, throw that up on the healing weapon or emblem. Whichever one is more likely to be specifically healing focused. I personally use the same emblem for everything, so I'd put that on my healing sword, and use the True Gem of the Rising Moon or Encircling Seas on the emblem.

That may not be what you think it is.

It is likely an older sealed relic that will give you an arbitrary tier 6-8 gem, and not the Adamant Gem of Dreams.

There is also no way to make that gem with the current system.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Honest opinion? If it's truly an Adamant Gem of Dreams, sell it to a DPS RK, or give it to a DPS RK friend or kinnie. You will make his day/week/month/year.

The Agate Gem of the Steadfast has way more crit, so it's comparable if not better for a cappy anyway in my opinion (even a healing cappy).

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    That may not be what you think it is.

It is likely an older sealed relic that will give you an arbitrary tier 6-8 gem, and not the Adamant Gem of Dreams.

You're saying if I decon that, I may not get that specific gem? That's lame.

Not sure what you'll get after decon. But this gem is still in game. I saw LM with 2 of these gems on his staff and book. It was on 75 though.

Lots of people who played at level 65 still have them, I still have 3 on my LM as well. I haven't heard of any way to get more before reading this thread though, so OP, I'm curious... where did you get that?

Someone said in GLFF "I'm quitting, PST for [foo][Sealed Adamant Gem of Dreams][bar][baz] for free" and I asked for the gem first.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    Someone said in GLFF "I'm quitting, PST for [foo][Sealed Adamant Gem of Dreams][bar][baz] for free" and I asked for the gem first.
    I would have personally requested the Baz but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    Ah. It may very well be legit then, a relic from days past (no pun intended... okay, maybe a little).