We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Damn, the armour looks hot, the stats (somewhat) good, but the set bonuses...

They really should make it worth-while. Hyt set is good, but extra optinons are always welcome IMO. No point revamping a set in order to make it worthless...

Just for clarification, are the images shown what the actual armor looks like, or is it really a combination of the heavy class armors (ie guard helm, etc.)?

Quote Originally Posted by turnus1 View Post
    Just for clarification, are the images shown what the actual armor looks like, or is it really a combination of the heavy class armors (ie guard helm, etc.)?
    From what I saw in a different thread, all of the same armours of a type (light, medium, and heavy) look the same, so even if they are for guards and champs, they look the same as the cappy pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by turnus1 View Post
    It is the Captains' set. I told that this outfit consists of pieces of the 3 classes, because they look like the set pieces of the lvl 65 sets.

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Not to mention that unless my memory fails me, at this point in RoI we only had the one PvP armour set that had a lot of mitigations but no audacity, whereas now we have another three sets based on traitlines there as well.
    Three sets are enough for you? :P

So, There is one for healing (hytbold set), one for tanking (hytbold set), and one for increasing dps of the captain, plus a bit of healing (hytbold set)... What? Yes, the revealing mark +5% morale return is for healing - at least if I am not wrong.
    And there is a set for us now (DG set) for... erm... nothing really.
    You know what is missing from the table, right? It is buffing! And the effect I asked for is just for it.

Maybe it could be the 6th effect of the set if you really really want to have that 10% reset chance. <-It would be like in moria times, what was cool.

Well if set bonus will change I would be actually willing to sacrifice some skirm currency. On the other hand, devs would have to probably revamp sets for other classes, which almost certainly will not happen.

Dunno but don't forget that with new raid you gonna get probably 3 new armour sets (3 raids). I would hold my breath and start complaining next year. And new cosmetics will be surely available in store in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Berf View Post
    Just a small thing I want to add: Should it be the pvp set that is the best for increasing the fellowship's damage even in pve? I tought that was a goal to make people have different setups for pvp and pve.
    Please consider this.
    No it shouldn't. Sadly, they don't care.
    It's not even that it's a minor difference it's a huge difference.

Nothing's going to increase damage like the command set, and nothing increases your personal utility like perserverance. Heck even the 3rd set could make you a res. machine, hitting BoN every 2 minutes or so if you wanted. That's pretty ridiculous. I really wish the sets were moors only. It's been pointless to even farm up gear since it's so insignificant to moors armor.

If they continue making the T2 raids into DPS races nothing's going to beat the command set either. Wouldn't matter if it was level 65, it'd still be too good to pass up.

Also, do the command set 10% effects stack? I've never tried.

Quote Originally Posted by DuneBug View Post

Also, do the command set 10% effects stack? I've never tried.
    They do not stack. Overall, the Command set is not "great" in terms of stats, etc. The bonus is nice, thus I have it on a macro. I click it, get sure strike in and back to my standard set. If you are using command set 100% of the time, you really "hampering" yourself.

I too don't know whether they stack...

About this etten-sets thing turbine made I me got to one thing: They told they gonna make people use different gear in ettens, but somehow they are making those people stronger, who are paying VIP. Though it is not a problem for me, because I have the set - you can know the conclusion. :P

But it is still a bit weird they made things this way without saying something like: Sorry guys, maybe we cannot keep our goal for all classes (cpt, burg), because they couldn't be used without these effects in the moors.

I hope a dev reads it.

Quote Originally Posted by EazyPeazy View Post
    Dunno but don't forget that with new raid you gonna get probably 3 new armour sets (3 raids). I would hold my breath and start complaining next year. And new cosmetics will be surely available in store in no time.
    I don't think we are going to get 3 new sets. I would rather say we gonna get one set, for which 2-2 pieces come from each raid-wings, just like how we got the helm and shoulders from the watcher raid.

Quote Originally Posted by mmogaming View Post
    They do not stack. Overall, the Command set is not "great" in terms of stats, etc. The bonus is nice, thus I have it on a macro. I click it, get sure strike in and back to my standard set. If you are using command set 100% of the time, you really "hampering" yourself.
    Could you give me a link to the source of that macro? Or, was it you that wrote it maybe?
    I have been thinking about getting such a thing for some days now.

PS. Sorry for writing hundreds of posts one after one, but I am a bit like Columbo.

Second turn of: What should be the new set-effect.

I have several things on mind:
    1.)Increase the chance of the present effect from 10% to something like 25%, 35% or even 40%.
    or
    2.)Battle Shout, Devastating Blow, Pressing Attack and Blade of Elendil all has a 10% (or rather like 20%) chance to reset the cooldown of Battle Shout.
    or
    3.)Make Blade of Elendil give a defeat-response on a critical hit.
    or
    4.)Inspire increases the duration of To Arms by 20 seconds.

These are just a few suggestions. All that reads it (I mean players) please add your ideas.

one idea i've been toying around with...

critical hits with devastating blow, pressing attack and blade of elendil trigger a battle readied state

Quote Originally Posted by jchudz View Post
    Critical hits with devastating blow, pressing attack and blade of elendil trigger a battle readied state
    I like this idea.
    I'd also like to second the motion that the (5) set bonus for this gear should be changed. The Battleshout cooldown reset chance is far too low for this to be of any use, regardless of how pretty the armour looks and how nice those stats appear.

Second turn of: What should be the new set-effect.

I have several things on mind:
    1.)Increase the chance of the present effect from 10% to something like 25%, 35% or even 40%.
    or
    2.)Battle Shout, Devastating Blow, Pressing Attack and Blade of Elendil all has a 10% (or rather like 20%) chance to reset the cooldown of Battle Shout.
    or
    3.)Make Blade of Elendil give a defeat-response on a critical hit.
    or
    4.)Inspire increases the duration of To Arms by 20 seconds.

These are just a few suggestions. All that reads it (I mean players) please add your ideas.
    Changing a bit what I said:
    The 4th point should be: Inspire increases the duration of To Arms by 4 seconds. (This is because I started counting a bit concerning the "20 seconds" duration increase, and I got to the point, that if that was the set effect, then captains would be able to keep To Arms buff up always, without even using the To Arms skill but once, at the start of the fight. I hope I counted well, so the 4 seconds legthening effect would make the buff expire after 50something seconds, regardless if it is your first To-Arms-then-Inspire-whenever-you-can usage, or any following it - because the cooldown together with the ~1second animation makes the skill useable every 16 seconds, (and 60 cannot be divided by 16,) which makes this whole thing increase the buff by different numbers every time, though there about every fifth (if i remember well) uses make the same increase.)

5.)I also tought about:Inspire increases the duration of your next To Arms by 22 seconds.

Changing a bit what I said:
    The 4th point should be: Inspire increases the duration of To Arms by 4 seconds. (This is because I started counting a bit concerning the "20 seconds" duration increase, and I got to the point, that if that was the set effect, then captains would be able to keep To Arms buff up always, without even using the To Arms skill but once, at the start of the fight. I hope I counted well, so the 4 seconds legthening effect would make the buff expire after 50something seconds, regardless if it is your first To-Arms-then-Inspire-whenever-you-can usage, or any following it - because the cooldown together with the ~1second animation makes the skill useable every 16 seconds, (and 60 cannot be divided by 16,) which makes this whole thing increase the buff by different numbers every time, though there about every fifth (if i remember well) uses make the same increase.)

5.)I also tought about:Inspire increases the duration of your next To Arms by 22 seconds.
    At that point you might as well just make To Arms a toggle. Turbine's trying to move away from using a skill when its CD is up to keep the skill up 100% of the time (see: most RK skills that got changed).

At that point you might as well just make To Arms a toggle. Turbine's trying to move away from using a skill when its CD is up to keep the skill up 100% of the time (see: most RK skills that got changed).
    Counterpoint: Strength of Will and Inspire.

Although, admittedly, those are the last ones that Captains have.
    [b][SIZE=3][COLOR="#FFFFFF"]Cainwen Ciaphas[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b][COLOR="#C3C3C3"], Captain of Crickhollow, [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/CiaphasCain]HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH[/url]!!!
    [i]I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered![/i] My opinions are my own![/color]

Found out another one!

6.)Muster Courage increases your fellow's tactical mitigation (by ~1500 rating) for 45 seconds. (Or it could be also a %, lets say 5% - though that would make tanks overcap.)
    Last edited by Berf; Dec 05 2012 at 08:52 AM.

The exemplary captain earring is not making me happy. It will help out the raid for 8 seconds of To Arms if the earrings are not unique, however how does having vitality make for an exemplary captain when our main stat is might???? This looks more like a piece of moors jewelry to be honest instead of PvE. I think everything is backwards in the captain world. We need PvP armour to raid PvE, and now we have a shield and earring that has PvP stats dropping in PvE instances. Who are they consulting with these choices. I wish I was in on the decisions so stupid things like this don't happen

The exemplary earring should be 152 might, 54 Vitality, 187 Power (would rather have icpr), 388 crit rating, and +4 To Arms duration. That would be an earring an exemplary captain would use. I could care less about a shield, I don't think i have ever used one. If I played in the moors I would definitely want that one, but that should be a commendations trade IMO.

I am getting upset at the forcing of captains to go out to PvP to be able to raid. If one captain does not have the command set you are seriously hurting your raid, and this shouldn't be the case. I say we need armour that has the same 5 piece bonus as the command set in the PvE world and also a 6 second rallying cry level 85 set as well. I don't want to spend another 40 hours in the moors finishing my command set, but I know I have to...

Quote Originally Posted by discodanman45 View Post
    The exemplary captain earring is not making me happy. It will help out the raid for 8 seconds of To Arms if the earrings are not unique, however how does having vitality make for an exemplary captain when our main stat is might???? This looks more like a piece of moors jewelry to be honest instead of PvE. I think everything is backwards in the captain world. We need PvP armour to raid PvE, and now we have a shield and earring that has PvP stats dropping in PvE instances. Who are they consulting with these choices. I wish I was in on the decisions so stupid things like this don't happen

The exemplary earring should be 152 might, 54 Vitality, 187 Power (would rather have icpr), 388 crit rating, and +4 To Arms duration. That would be an earring an exemplary captain would use. I could care less about a shield, I don't think i have ever used one. If I played in the moors I would definitely want that one, but that should be a commendations trade IMO.

I am getting upset at the forcing of captains to go out to PvP to be able to raid. If one captain does not have the command set you are seriously hurting your raid, and this shouldn't be the case. I say we need armour that has the same 5 piece bonus as the command set in the PvE world and also a 6 second rallying cry level 85 set as well. I don't want to spend another 40 hours in the moors finishing my command set, but I know I have to...
    I agree. I don't understand why the pvp set would be more useful and almost a requirement for more difficult content, when the focus is supposed to be on PvE. Many people do spend a lot of the time in the moors, and that is understandable, that is just how they like to play. But why is the moors armour better for PvE than the PvE armour?

How does that make sense?

Also, I agree about the earring. I don't know if I will use it. I don't intend to stack vitality. They should at the very least give us choices on the earring. Vitality is a specific build and not one that all captains are going to use, I don't think I would equip it for raid.

I bet a scaled Helegrod set would make people stop using the Moors stuff pretty fast.
    Why would we use a 4pc 6s cry set when we have a 3 piece one. Also, IIRC, doesn't Hele have like will and fate too?? Useless now...

Cas

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote503 View Post
    Why would we use a 4pc 6s cry set when we have a 3 piece one. Also, IIRC, doesn't Hele have like will and fate too?? Useless now...

Cas
    Well if you don't want to PvMP, I'd say it's a decent second choice. You lose the opportunity to have 3/3 for 2 set bonuses, but at least for casuals and/or alts Captains that'd be fine IMO.
    65 Hele armor does have will and fate (and tbh fate is better than agility anyway), but just like BG 85 armor has significantly different stats than BG 65, I'd expect changes to stats on scaled Helegrod armor set. Perhaps they would consider making the 4pc bonus a 3pc bonus while they were at it.
    Last edited by Elrantiri; Dec 19 2012 at 05:23 AM.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by discodanman45 View Post

Disagree with you on the shield... Shields are a great source of stat boosting if you are healing. It is effective in the moors as well as about any other situation. No I do not sword and board all the time, more of a situational thing. If I find myself having to kite, or pull aggro, or off heal, etc....why not make the most of what is available to you; dont be another cappy that cuts themselves short. I would think an "Exemplary" Captain would capitalize on every opportunity to make any fellow or raid to be successful. Also, many times in the moors cappies get focused fired, if this happens I swap my shield and jewelry real quick, call out Im being focused, get a bubble and heals, all the while they are working on me, we kill their healers. Just saying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2