We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New set effect for the new (lvl 85) Dol Guldur armor pls!

Hey all!

Checking out the new armor set, I found it looks: Uber! Cool! Best ever!
    Thank you for finally making something real nice. (I am sure those didn't check it on beta yet are real curious now. )

But there is a problem. I think people will only use it as an outfit.
    Why? The set effect.

So: Couldn't you change the set effect from what the old set gives to something like what the ettens set gives: 5% inc damage...

Thx for reading

PS. I know what causes the bug of the moors set giving 10% inc damage instead of only 5% - send me a mail or something.

The bonus is supposed to be decent, but worse than the other armour sets because it's easier to get. It's probably not going to change.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Yeah, IIRC it only costs medallions and marks, right? Not even seals?

This is basically the level 85 equivalent of those Purple-tier sets from Tower of Orthanc instances, right down to having a 5-piece bonus but no 3-piece bonus.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    The bonus is supposed to be decent, but worse than the other armour sets because it's easier to get. It's probably not going to change.
    1. The set bonus is nothing. I have played several months in that set on lvl 65, but got only a few 'resets'. It had a chance like getting a lootbox nowadays... <- Thats 10%. Whooooot? :O
    You can find out when it worked on boss-fights.

2. You are right the set bonus is ****. But I think you are not right about it being easier to get than the other sets.
    -For hytbold? You have to do quests. Alone. Plus some reputation. Thats rather boring for me than challenging.
    -For moors set? You have only to roll a defiler and start spam-healing the pew-pew-ers. I could get 1k commendations in 10 minutes. Is that hard too?
    => If you want some restrictions, then the boss-deeds could be required to equip the certain pieces...
    (And just one thing: I think it is a lot harder to get those medallions from skirmish raids than either questing or spam-healing. But that is only my point of view.)

This could change even what people say about this update.

Just a small thing I want to add: Should it be the pvp set that is the best for increasing the fellowship's damage even in pve? I tought that was a goal to make people have different setups for pvp and pve.
    Please consider this.

Would someone be so kind and post a screnshot of the new BG set skin?
    Second Marshall Maywyn Eorthas of Rohan - Captain - Rank 13

Tyrant Gate Wargkönig, Son of Krithmog - Stalker - Rank 15

Quote Originally Posted by OverlordGate View Post
    Would someone be so kind and post a screnshot of the new BG set skin?
    Sadly I don't know if I am allowed to do this. But I can tell that it has a lot of connection (in shapes) to the old armor. I can also tell that you will love it's look.

Quote Originally Posted by Berf View Post
    Just a small thing I want to add: Should it be the pvp set that is the best for increasing the fellowship's damage even in pve? I tought that was a goal to make people have different setups for pvp and pve.
    Please consider this.
    No, it shouldn't. I still have no idea what they were thinking putting that on the three-piece bonus. I mean, I can kind of see why it's useful for PvP, which tends to be faster-paced from what I can tell, but it's way too strong to be a three-piece bonus. Especially since all the five-piece bonuses in the game suck apart from the ToO Menestaid set, which nobody is going to use any more (if they ever did, considering how good the three-piece bonus from Dagor was).

As for the difficulty of getting marks and medallions... I'm probably sitting on enough to buy all of the pieces outright on the first day, and I don't even run skirmishes or instances that much any more.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Sadly I don't know if I am allowed to do this. But I can tell that it has a lot of connection (in shapes) to the old armor. I can also tell that you will love it's look.
    You can, there's no NDA (since it's an open beta).

2. You are right the set bonus is ****. But I think you are not right about it being easier to get than the other sets.
    -For hytbold? You have to do quests. Alone. Plus some reputation. Thats rather boring for me than challenging.
    -For moors set? You have only to roll a defiler and start spam-healing the pew-pew-ers. I could get 1k commendations in 10 minutes. Is that hard too?
    Like furtim said, a lot of people are already sitting on the currency needed to buy the armour right now. That's less time involved than earning comms or doing quests, no matter how good you are at either. Likewise, since it's just marks and medallions, and the new instances will drop a significant number of medallions (if they're anything like the Orthanc cluster) it'll be no time at all (definitely less time than comm farming and way less time invested into Hytbold) to get the armour.

Thats not everyone sitting on 376k medallions.

It makes me sad you thinking this hard they won't change that useless effect. I say again: USELESS. (Maybe a developer or someone will notice this. )

So please Turbine! Give us something useable, so that those who want increasing the damage of the fellowship will finish using the pvp set for pve. I think it was your goal to make players have different setups for these two parts of the game.

Thats not everyone sitting on 376k medallions.

It makes me sad you thinking this hard they won't change that useless effect. I say again: USELESS. (Maybe a developer or someone will notice this. )

So please Turbine! Give us something useable, so that those who want increasing the damage of the fellowship will finish using the pvp set for pve. I think it was your goal to make players have different setups for these two parts of the game.
    I bet a scaled Helegrod set would make people stop using the Moors stuff pretty fast.

I bet a scaled Helegrod set would make people stop using the Moors stuff pretty fast.
    I bet not at all, since helegrod has: -20% defeat event skills cd and -5min escape from darkness cd.
    Commander set has: +5% inc damage buff (which is 10% in real).
    If you don't plan someone will die, (why would you plan that?,) then it helps a lot more to have a 'second telling mark', making the fight shorter. It is not only the captain you need to think of when gearing one, but also the fellowship. (eg. I don't trait the 5-red legendary cap trait just to have those few bonuses. I trait fellowship-brother instead. The fellowship will always make more dps with that buff than a cpt ever could. - I know a lot is doing this setup for traits, but I meant it only as an example.)

It is not only the captain you need to think of when gearing one, but also the fellowship. (eg. I don't trait the 5-red legendary cap trait just to have those few bonuses. I trait fellowship-brother instead. The fellowship will always make more dps with that buff than a cpt ever could. - I know a lot is doing this setup for traits, but I meant it only as an example.)
    Yes, FB is better than MoW for group DPS. Oathies too. MoW personal DPS > IDOME group DPS, though. IDOME's DPS is so pathetic, better to signficantly embiggen the Captain's smallish slice of the total-DPS-pie than to boost the fellowship's slice by a tiny sliver. EDIT: IF it's a DPS race and DPS is your primary concern, of course. I've found reason to drop all capstone before and might yet again, who knows.
    Last edited by Omen_Kaizer; Dec 01 2012 at 06:09 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000363f98/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rechart, Warden
    [url="http://platemetaljacket.blogspot.com/"]Plate Metal Jacket[/url]

This is the so called set.
    (The head and the shoulders are from the guardians' set, the chest and the boots are from the captains' and the leggings plus the gloves are champions' set pieces.)

About the jewellery:
    You can get the earring from any of the 3 new 3-mans:
    -Iorbar's Peak
    -Seat of the Great Goblin
    -Webs of the Scuttledells
    You can get the shield from any mirkwood instances:
    -Sword Halls (3-man)
    -Dungeons of Dol Guldur (3-man)
    -Warg Pens (3-man)
    -Sammath Gul (6-man)
    -Barad Guldur (12-man)

I hope you like it

I bet not at all, since helegrod has: -20% defeat event skills cd and -5min escape from darkness cd.
    Commander set has: +5% inc damage buff (which is 10% in real).
    If you don't plan someone will die, (why would you plan that?,) then it helps a lot more to have a 'second telling mark', making the fight shorter. It is not only the captain you need to think of when gearing one, but also the fellowship. (eg. I don't trait the 5-red legendary cap trait just to have those few bonuses. I trait fellowship-brother instead. The fellowship will always make more dps with that buff than a cpt ever could. - I know a lot is doing this setup for traits, but I meant it only as an example.)
    Slode cappies go for the Defeat response Moors set first, followed by the rez CD set. The 5% increased damage set is a last priority, and I only know of one captain who actually got it (and he ended up transferring to Brandywine). So at least on my server, scaling up the Helegrod set will have people go for that set instead, since it offers not only the bonuses they like, but in theory will have better stats since stat slices won't be going towards Audacity.

That earring is pretty nice... Except Maximum Power and Parry Rating... But I guess 8sec To-Arms is just too good to ignore.
    High Chieftain Zlaughter
    Commander Tarturin
    |MI6| - Evernight
    Original Challenger of Saruman | Original Challenger of Gothmog

Slode cappies go for the Defeat response Moors set first, followed by the rez CD set. The 5% increased damage set is a last priority, and I only know of one captain who actually got it (and he ended up transferring to Brandywine). So at least on my server, scaling up the Helegrod set will have people go for that set instead, since it offers not only the bonuses they like, but in theory will have better stats since stat slices won't be going towards Audacity.
    I think the Moors set might still be preferred solely because the CD reduction is on the third piece. So you can do 3/3 with something else that has a good three-piece bonus.

In the ToO days, that was Dagor, which was an awesome synergy. The Hytbold three-piece bonuses suck, and the BG armour doesn't have one. Hytbold Charge/Perseverance is probably the best you can do with 85 armour, and it's certainly not a bad combination. Just doesn't have that sweet, sweet Dagor/Pers synergy.

What I consider important, is that you are playing in a fellowship, so you must look for whats the best for the whole group, not only for you. I prefer playing with guys, who don't keep diing, but even if it happens, it does max once, so the cd decrease is just not needed.
    Thats why I am fond of the Command set.

So: Couldn't you change the set effect from what the old set gives to something like what the ettens set gives: 5% inc damage...
    That's a pretty decent idea. That PVMP bonus is so great for PvE that I used the set much more in raiding than I ever did for actual PvMP. It would only be appropriate to place it on a PvE-aquired set.

Definitely much better than the 10% chance to reset Battle-shout, too.
    Beastwise | Gladden | Shock and Awe

Set looks really nice - cosmetically, but I doubt it has any practical use. By the way I don't see any reason why to bother gearing up anyways. Even if set has command bonus, there is nothing in game which cannot be completed with old ToO sets. And if you don't pvp at all well...

I have zero incentive to run BG again after 2 years.

P.S. To arms buff on earring. One would guess we can expect new DPS races in new "raids". Who wouldn't think of that, I wonder?

It's a public beta w/o NDA, so go for it.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Well, regarding reasons to gear up, there are the new 3-mans in December, followed by the new 6-man and raid wings in February. If Isengard is any indication, the 3-mans will be quite doable on T1 with ToO gear, but T2 will probably need better stats. The 6-man and raids will probably need level 85 gear of some kind to complete on T1 (though maybe not), but again you'll want better to finish them on T2.

I would not be surprised (indeed, I rather expect it) if the second half of the instance cluster will have new armour sets, as well, and hopefully that will have ToO-calibre set bonuses. Really, the fact that every class has three armour sets to pick from makes Rohan itemisation already far better than Isengard itemisation at a similar stage (i.e., before the ToO release).

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    Well, regarding reasons to gear up, there are the new 3-mans in December, followed by the new 6-man and raid wings in February. If Isengard is any indication, the 3-mans will be quite doable on T1 with ToO gear, but T2 will probably need better stats. The 6-man and raids will probably need level 85 gear of some kind to complete on T1 (though maybe not), but again you'll want better to finish them on T2.

I would not be surprised (indeed, I rather expect it) if the second half of the instance cluster will have new armour sets, as well, and hopefully that will have ToO-calibre set bonuses. Really, the fact that every class has three armour sets to pick from makes Rohan itemisation already far better than Isengard itemisation at a similar stage (i.e., before the ToO release).
    Not to mention that unless my memory fails me, at this point in RoI we only had the one PvP armour set that had a lot of mitigations but no audacity, whereas now we have another three sets based on traitlines there as well.

could we get something ever-so-slightly more useful than a shield? like a pocket item or necklace?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000002c7d60/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by jchudz View Post
    could we get something ever-so-slightly more useful than a shield? like a pocket item or necklace?
    This isn't the thread to discuss this. Try one of the several threads that actually deals with the shield, instead of the DG armour.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast