We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Perseverance Five-piece bonus

"Make Haste removes slows and provides 5 seconds immunity"

This effect should be part of the Make Haste skill by default. The set bonus should be changed to reduce the cooldown by 2-3 minutes. I think we've all had enough of having to swap between two armor sets (on top of all the other gear swaps we have to do in combat) just to remove a slow, whereas champs and guards can take right off with sprint or charge. I've even tried soloing and 1v1ing in the Perseverance set, but it just isn't worth it due to the set's lack of finesse (let me just point out that none of the healing sets for a class that uses melee healing skills have any finesse on them)

Edit: An anecdote.

I was dismounted by a p2w rank 2 reaver outside TR. A fight ensued, and when it became obvious I was going to win, he slowed me, shook off his own slow with Resilience, and ran towards the keep. I was wearing 3 Pers/3 Command, so I had to take a second to swap two Command pieces out for two Perseverance pieces, plus my swap halberd for a 45 second Make Haste duration, then I had to swap everything back to make sure I had enough Finesse to finish him off quickly.

In the time it took to do this he dropped out of combat and Charged into the keep. I chased and popped last stand, hoping to finish him off, but he just used a store brand when I slowed him, then ran off to let the NPCs finish me off. I know I could have used Threatening Shout or Noble Mark to keep him in combat before the gear swap, but my Mark skills were cd since I switched to Telling Mark when he turned his back to me, and skill lock prevented me from using Threatening Shout. I needed to shake off the slow and catch up to him straight away, but sadly I could not do that without first performing six gear swaps. A Champion or Guardian would have had no problem catching up and stunning/slowing him however, because they have something that is a melee class essential in any MMO: a skill that shakes off slows independent of any armor set bonus.

Why on Earth don't Captains have that? If common sense didn't give it to us at the start of the game, have five years of horrid soloing experiences not made it evident that we need it?
    Last edited by GeorgeBaggy; Dec 04 2012 at 07:20 AM.

what you're probably not considering is that 'make haste' is a buff that applies to the group.
    I don't have the full set so.. maybe i'm out of my element (donny), but if it provides group slow cure + 5s stun immunity that's a pretty big deal... Especially changing the duration down to 3minutes when with the legacy it can be 45 seconds long.

anyway i'm indifferent. It'd be nice to have a cooldown reduction, though.

They could make it so the healing set breaks the slow for the group whereas make haste will naturally give a slow break for the captain only along with the run speed.

Somehow or another we need that slow break cause that perseverance set is terrible for solo pvp.

If we keep speaking loud enough I think turbine will eventually hear us. I have been forwarding every noteworthy post and ideas from you guys to DEViled_Egg. I don't know if she gets them but some how or another we got to get the message through.

By the way. PvP captains please see this post and give your input. http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...77#post6550777
    Last edited by Armitas; Nov 30 2012 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DuneBug View Post
    what you're probably not considering is that 'make haste' is a buff that applies to the group.
    I don't have the full set so.. maybe i'm out of my element (donny), but if it provides group slow cure + 5s stun immunity that's a pretty big deal... Especially changing the duration down to 3minutes when with the legacy it can be 45 seconds long.

anyway i'm indifferent. It'd be nice to have a cooldown reduction, though.
    War-leaders have a skill called Purge that removes all negative combat states from their allies with a 3 minute cooldown. Captains should at least be able to remove slows from their companions at a similar rate without having to don a specific set of armor.

Just because WLs have it, doesn't mean we need to. We are not mirror classes. That said, I don't think giving the baseline skill a 5s slow immunity would be OP at all. Even 15 seconds would be okay if you ask me. Would be a good way to counter webbing, which is really strong as is.

I agree with giving us a certain immunity from Make Haste by default, not bound to any set.
    The c/d reduction might be a bit too much though.

When in a raid i use 4 Perseverance and 2 loyalty. Its good bonuses and one click apart from the make haste bonus or the rez bonus.

My suggestion would be to give us a certain personal slow dispell as part of the Command 3-piece bonus. Or another slow. Something like a slow on Battle-shout crit would be awesome and i would trade it for Last Stand c/d.

EDIT:
    Maybe i wish to be too much immune, speedy and give out slows. I think it is Hinder-spam trauma with a hint of on-move traps.
    Last edited by Pero_the_Cappy; Nov 30 2012 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gondolindhrim View Post
    Just because WLs have it, doesn't mean we need to. We are not mirror classes. That said, I don't think giving the baseline skill a 5s slow immunity would be OP at all. Even 15 seconds would be okay if you ask me. Would be a good way to counter webbing, which is really strong as is.
    That wasn't the point. He was saying that being able to remove slows from your entire group seemed OP. I was just pointing out that a creep class has the ability to do that and more.