We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Shire-bound Bounders of the Shire - Landroval

With the introduction of an XP disabler in the near future, I am hoping to create a special group of Bounders in the Bounders of the Shire.

This will be a Shire-bound group, using the XP Disabler to lock themselves at 8th level or lower, where the threats that exist in the Shire remain real and serious threats. These Bounders will be for helping new adventurers in the Shire, but also for roleplaying purposes as well.

We'll be taking part in real adventures. For example, it may well take a full fellowship to deal with that monstrous Warg that has moved into Budgeford. A true beast, it is.

We have set up a set of houses in the corner of one of the homesteads - a place we call Slug Squasher corner - for these permanently low-level Bounders to use as a club house of sorts - stocked with level-appropriate foods and medicines and such.

Iffen you have an interest in joining this band, look up the Bounders of the Shire over at Landroval. The real recruiting will begin when the XP Disabler becomes available.

?

Whats a xp disabler?

Quote Originally Posted by Aerinion View Post
    Whats a xp disabler?
    An XP disabler is a new storebought item being introduced with Update 9 in 2 weeks that allows one to play without gaining any experience.

This makes it possible to have a group of Bounders that are 8th level - and stay at 8th level - even as they deal with goblins and spiders and brigands. ((Thus, the Shire remains in a state of permanent challenge)).

Currently, the problem with having a Bounder squad is that everybody ends up at 18th level . . . which takes the fun and adventure out of the Shire. That will not be a problem for those who wish to purchase this new item - "the stone of the tortoise" it is called.

Ok

Interesting. Heh, it would be elves lvl 90/100, humans lvl 20-40, dwarves lvl 70/60 and hobbits lvl 8-12. If ppl would block it.

Very interested in this, you can count me in! Do you know when the xp disabler will arrive?

I was waiting for this feature for years! So happy. I would definitely join.

Best regards,
    Hilly Greenfield
    -----------------------
    Hilly Greenfield
    Vormindin Greenfield
    Sunhill Greenfield

-------
    The Lord of The River - Hobby Event (link on forum)
    The Echoes of bygone Ages - Hobby Event (link on forum)
    ---
    Hurrah! The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Extended Edition + Digital Copy) [Blu-ray]

Quote Originally Posted by Vormindin View Post
    I was waiting for this feature for years! So happy. I would definitely join.

Best regards,
    Hilly Greenfield
    It'd be a pleasure to have you.

I am trying to organize a special roleplaying session of A Gift to the North instance for 5th level characters -Saturday, Dec 22. (Landroval server)

We will set a specific time when we know who is interested - and may run more than one instance to make sure that all who are interested get a chance.

The intent is to muster at Michel Delving, march to Needlehole (maybe pick up a character or two along the way - or muster a Needlehole dwarf at Needlehole). If some want the adventure without the marching, there will be no prohibition aainst mustering at Needlehole.

But it has long been a wish of mine to play this instance as a true adventure against a dangerous foe. It'd be the type of adventure to make stories out of.

And from that day firth, one of the purposes of the Shire-bound Bounders will be to offer help to other (new) players when they get to this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebeard View Post
    Very interested in this, you can count me in! Do you know when the xp disabler will arrive?
    Last I heard, Monday, Dec 17. I could be wrong. Plans could change. But that's what I heard.

For those who have not heard, at this point it's a store-bought pocket item that blocks all XP from quests, slayings, and crafting (but not item or mount XP) when equipped. Price: 495 Turbine Points -bound to character.

Now, please don't hijack this thread about Shire-Bound Bounders to discuss the merits and demerits of the Disabler. There's places elsewhere for such duscussion. It's what we're getting and it will make the Shire-bound Bounders a possibility - iffen there's an interest.

Anyways, we'll start mustering after the Disabler is out - the week of the 17th.
    Last edited by Tiempko; Dec 07 2012 at 05:23 PM.

Tiempko, than You for all information.
    -----------------------
    Hilly Greenfield
    Vormindin Greenfield
    Sunhill Greenfield

-------
    The Lord of The River - Hobby Event (link on forum)
    The Echoes of bygone Ages - Hobby Event (link on forum)
    ---
    Hurrah! The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Extended Edition + Digital Copy) [Blu-ray]

I'm interested in joining this. Is the group still active?

Quote Originally Posted by jetnightshade View Post
    I'm interested in joining this. Is the group still active?
    This group is a sub-section of the Bounders of the Shire kinship - a 5-year-old medium RP kinship with activities at a number of levels (Club Eclair, Club Dumpling, Club Crumb, Wrennsong's mapping expedition, Greenhill Music Society, inspections) - I have not been able to put the time into this. And Successor Shirriff Daffodilia, who heads the Shire-bound Bounders has had to take care of a sick friend.

But there are Shire-bound Bounders. They went on a Shire patrol last Thursday. And on Pi(e) Day (3/14 - Thursday) there's talk of helping at a bake sale to raise money for the Bounder Museum of Antiquities.