We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 41 of 41
  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post

    Telling Mark - Not needed, if you're going this far towards healing, you will (more than likely) be main healing 3/6 mans and be using Revealing Mark instead.
    If i would make a 1h i would make it for raids. Even though i would not use telling mark when i heal a 6man or 3man having one useless major there is better than always depending on another cappy in raids when wanting to use the same weapon and not being able to fully utilise the moors command set in PvE if i want to with that weapon. Lots of flexibility lost with not going with the telling mark.


    So:
    Telling mark
    To Arms
    DB crit
    Melee skills power cost
    defensive strike/battle responses/might

    cry power cost sounds good but not needed. Situations where you do a lot of cries are the same situations you get more power returned due to traited RC.
    PA targets and crit - i have a switch weapon for that.


    RELICS
    setting: true north - morale and crit are always nice, and personal inc healing is very useful when main healing
    gem: the true one with masteries, icpr and vit or the simple vit and crit (crit is icpr and healing when you think more about it)
    rune: currently on the 2h i use attack duration, masteries and agi. but for healing there could be less expensive solutions.
    crafted might/crit/phy mastery. some here like a fate or will one. consider that it is not 640 more tactical mastery as you lose the might part and, as i say, i wouldnt use that weapon only for healing 3,6mans.

    The Malledhrim shield is nice, it is why this thread is started anyway hehe.
    The bonus on it is not nearly as good as earings but it is not bad.
    VS pulses would have been nicer. But we got enough with earings.
    Last edited by Pero_the_Cappy; Dec 01 2012 at 05:23 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000775b8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Pero_the_Cappy View Post
    If i would make a 1h i would make it for raids. Even though i would not use telling mark when i heal a 6man or 3man having one useless major there is better than always depending on another cappy in raids when wanting to use the same weapon and not being able to fully utilise the moors command set in PvE if i want to with that weapon. Lots of flexibility lost with not going with the telling mark.
    This LI is (more than likely) going to run second fiddle to a primary LI which will have that legacy.

    However, I see a lot of time spent in HoH healing 3 and 6 mans in the near future, so I do see advantages towards making that sacrifice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pero_the_Cappy View Post
    cry power cost sounds good but not needed. Situations where you do a lot of cries are the same situations you get more power returned due to traited RC.
    PA targets and crit - i have a switch weapon for that.
    I was under the impression that WoC's power costs were influenced by the Vocal Power cost legacy, which would be a fairly decent power saver since that's a workhorse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pero_the_Cappy View Post
    RELICS
    setting: true north - morale and crit are always nice, and personal inc healing is very useful when main healing
    gem: the true one with masteries, icpr and vit or the simple vit and crit (crit is icpr and healing when you think more about it)
    rune: currently on the 2h i use attack duration, masteries and agi. but for healing there could be less expensive solutions.
    crafted might/crit/phy mastery. some here like a fate or will one. consider that it is not 640 more tactical mastery as you lose the might part and, as i say, i wouldnt use that weapon only for healing 3,6mans.
    That's about what I was thinking also.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pero_the_Cappy View Post
    The Malledhrim shield is nice, it is why this thread is started anyway hehe.
    The bonus on it is not nearly as good as earings but it is not bad.
    VS pulses would have been nicer. But we got enough with earings.
    Earrings really are a mixed blessing.

    Stat wise, they are tank earrings, so many of us that are stacking might and crit are going to be forced to sacrifice ~400 crit and 50-100 might, especially if we have something like [item]Knight's Platinum Stud[/item].
    <edit>
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...tud_(Level_85), lorebook is out of date >=(
    </edit>

    With the bonus that they have, most raiding kins are going to want their captains to get two of them because it extends To Arms from a top ceiling of 30 seconds to 38 seconds, which means the raid DPS multiplier from To Arms is going to change to:

    38/60 * .25 = 15.8333%, up from 30/60 * .25 = 12.5%

    Which is roughly a gain of about 1.85% to raid DPS per earring. AFAIK, no other item in the game will improve raid DPS this much, and effectively do it PASSIVELY.

    The implication this has on captains is that we lose the ability to chose our earrings for the rest of this level bracket if the earrings remain as is. It means our personal in combat effectiveness is going to take a hit and there is nothing we can do about it.
    Last edited by Almagnus1; Dec 01 2012 at 06:15 AM.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    537
    Just saw those earrings, whoa. Time to modify my To Arms macro!

    Edit: Gonna run out of quickslots to map all the swap gear to at this rate.
    Last edited by Gondolindhrim; Dec 01 2012 at 06:56 AM.
    Fredecar - Burglar ~ Original Challenger of Saruman
    Fingolwë - Champion ~ Challenger of Gortheron
    Eleril - Captain ~ Bane of the Lieutenant

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Watertown, MA
    Posts
    2,925
    I haven't seen the items since they were updated with the skill bonuses, and the BR forum is too full of QQ to bother sifting through. Link?
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,367
    im not seeing the use/need for DB +crit on a 1hnd wep.

    i assume your thinking is for single targets, like bosses, but i would just use PA +crit instead. its not like this build is for damage, so id still use PA on a single target is it had more crit.

    the only reason i can see is that DB has a shorter animation than PA... is that your reasoning? which makes perfect sense... as the whole point of 1hnder is for faster animations (and more stat control). but still, not how id roll.
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    I haven't seen the items since they were updated with the skill bonuses, and the BR forum is too full of QQ to bother sifting through. Link?
    Here you go, rehosted on imgur as well since I can't stand Imageshack.
    Last edited by Gondolindhrim; Dec 01 2012 at 04:02 PM.
    Fredecar - Burglar ~ Original Challenger of Saruman
    Fingolwë - Champion ~ Challenger of Gortheron
    Eleril - Captain ~ Bane of the Lieutenant

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Watertown, MA
    Posts
    2,925
    Cool, thanks!
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,743
    Quote Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post
    im not seeing the use/need for DB +crit on a 1hnd wep.

    i assume your thinking is for single targets, like bosses, but i would just use PA +crit instead. its not like this build is for damage, so id still use PA on a single target is it had more crit.

    the only reason i can see is that DB has a shorter animation than PA... is that your reasoning? which makes perfect sense... as the whole point of 1hnder is for faster animations (and more stat control). but still, not how id roll.
    Truthfully, it's habit, pure and simple.

    I'm so used to using DB on a single boss that I'm probably going to do it without thinking. Since I use the Razer Naga to essentially play by keyboard with mouse movement (since I use it's number pad with control, alt, and shift to map 48 skills to the mouse), I have that muscle memory where the skill goes off without even thinking... and I'd rather not screw with that.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    The point on using PA even single target is a good idea, frees up a legacy slot and if you're going 1H you're probably not too worried about your DPS anyway. I might give that a try, though like Almangus, I'm pretty wired into using DB for single target as well. (Too much actually, sometimes I forget there's multiple mobs I can hit and use DB when fighting multiple mobs, haha.)

    Why do people put To Arms on their main weapon? Not fans of switching? I hate putting it on my main weapon when I can just swap in the buffstick.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,477
    I'm going to have to start swapping one of the earrings as well as a weapon for to arms. I don't know why I don't swap for To Arms already... I do it for more trivial things. To bad you can't hot swap both earrings--I'm not even aware of a plugin that could unequip earring #2 so you could easily swap both To Arms earrings in

    So I guess if I make a 1H it'll not have To Arms leg.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000363f98/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rechart, Warden
    [url="http://platemetaljacket.blogspot.com/"]Plate Metal Jacket[/url]

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen_Kaizer View Post
    I'm going to have to start swapping one of the earrings as well as a weapon for to arms. I don't know why I don't swap for To Arms already... I do it for more trivial things. To bad you can't hot swap both earrings--I'm not even aware of a plugin that could unequip earring #2 so you could easily swap both To Arms earrings in

    So I guess if I make a 1H it'll not have To Arms leg.
    You could use aliases to map the unequip function to a quickslot. I'm not sure if aliases can also be set up to equip an item, but I don't see why not, since aliases seem to be limited to one action at a time, so it's not automation. The nice thing about how they're set up is that you only have to set one up to unequip the item in a slot, instead of unequipping a specific item, so the shortcut works for both switching to the To Arms earrings and for switching back to your normal ones.

    /alias ;x /unequip Earring2
    /alias /shortcut ;x 1

    or

    /shortcut 1 /unequip Earring2

    may both work to unequip the second earring. If they don't, there's a plugin that can set up an unequip shortcut for you.

    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=643

    A
    ll that being said, I think I'm just going to be lazy and leave one equipped at all times.
    Last edited by TinDragon; Dec 01 2012 at 04:05 PM.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    537
    That is awesome, thanks for the tip. I was worried I'd have to actually wear one of those earrings there for a moment...
    Fredecar - Burglar ~ Original Challenger of Saruman
    Fingolwë - Champion ~ Challenger of Gortheron
    Eleril - Captain ~ Bane of the Lieutenant

  13. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Why do people put To Arms on their main weapon? Not fans of switching? I hate putting it on my main weapon when I can just swap in the buffstick.
    Lag*. It takes way to long to switch weapons during a fight. This sequence just takes too long:
    • Click on buffstick on quickbar.
    • Wait for it to go. Click on buff.
    • Wait for buff to fire off.
    • Click on fighty stick.

    If I don't stare at the quickslot bars and wait for these things, it isn't certain that the skills fire off in the correct order. All in all, I reserve this ritual for long cooldown skills I don't use regularly, or for out of combat buffs.

    I have the same problem with my champion: Click swap weapon. Hit Sudden Defense. Click regular weapon. Wonder why Sudden Defense is on 3-minute cooldown still.

    *I don't know if it's the true lag, or just my computer being slow.
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. ~ Faramir

    Undo the U12 class changes. The trait trees were, are, and will always be a bad idea.
    Maedhric 100 Captain, Nunion 93 Champion, Taraviel 85 Minstrel, etc...

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,743
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Why do people put To Arms on their main weapon? Not fans of switching? I hate putting it on my main weapon when I can just swap in the buffstick.
    I do it cause i'm waaay to focused on watching everybody's health bars in a raid, and I already have every single in combat skill for the class as muscle memory, and I really don't want to slow down that reaction time by having to remember to swap, cause if I forget to swap back.....

    Also, since I use a Naga mouse to control four different skill bars, there's no way to effectively macro it, unless I create a Lua + AutoHotKey + C# project that will correctly pull data from in game and determine what the proper macro setup should be.

    Right about now is where I'd love to see WoW's macroing system in LotRo......

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    537
    I have a Naga too, AutoHotkey is all you need. My AHK script swaps in the right LIs + Armour whenever I hit a skill hotkey.
    Fredecar - Burglar ~ Original Challenger of Saruman
    Fingolwë - Champion ~ Challenger of Gortheron
    Eleril - Captain ~ Bane of the Lieutenant

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,763
    Ugh, more swapping. I wish they'd just disable it in combat so they can tune content to playing the game, instead of playing the system.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload