We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Where do these Avancs come from?

A friend of mine in Elendilmir told me the other day that an Lvl.85 Signature Avanc suddenly appeared in the Crafting Hall of Esteldine and ate all the crafters up there. Sounds pity, for the level of her crafter is so low yet. Now, this sort of an unfortunate encounter came upon me a few hours ago. I just logged in as a Lore-master in the Vault of Twenty-first Hall in Firefoot and found that I was in the midst of the chaos. One or two hits were enough to send me to heaven (or more likely to say hell). I saw at least 6 Avancs were there before I retreated to the circle of the Hall and met some other more even there. Being killed twice, I have well understood that a circle we are sent to in retreat is not a sacred and secured place. I don't know where the fierce Avancs were from, but some Dwarves could have an idea to release them to have them eat Orcs up in Moria, without thinking they would atack those on their side as well. I hope some Lvl.85 fighters have beaten them all to retake the peace of the Hall now, for I have to get back there later.

Short story, there's a quest in Rohan that requires you to fight an avanc. Sometimes this quest bugs and gives you an envelope with the avanc, which can then be opened anywhere.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Sorry about that. There were about 12 of them, but they are all dead now. A plea to GLFF got some high levels to come and kill them.
    TATER BANDITS
    Kelawyn / 85 Woman Captain (R8) ~ Lyndrie / 85 Hobbit Minstrel (R8)
    Solariela / 85 Elf Rune-keeper (R7) ~ Coraian / 85 Elf Hunter (R3)

on brandywine theres on on top of the beacon in rohan

Thank you, guys, to give me an important information. So someone must have opened a lot of envelopes that Avancs were enclosed or one envelope that had a lot of Avancs within. That doesn't matter. I am glad to know that I can safely get back there now.
    Well, one of my toons is in Rohan now, but has not met that quest yet. When he gets the Avanc Quest and receives a lovely-looking envelope as a reward, I should tell him never to open the envelop in front of feeble toons nor to send it to his alts (including me) or his good friends. I wish those envelopes will not be spread all over the Middle-earth as surprising gifts during a coming Yule Festival.

Anyone know what quest that is?

I'm keen to wreak a little mayhem in Bree.

The thing was fixed, you're unable to open the envelope if you don't have the "Fishing" buff, which only occurs in that one area.

I'm not sure if it works with the "Fishing" buffs from the other fishing quests, but even if it does that's still a very small amount of areas you can use it in.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]