We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Minor Change to Strenght of Will (Blade Brother)

    It would be nice if SoW (BB) also reduced induction length by 15%, on top of its benefit to attack duration. This would make it more useful when using blade brother on Hunters (or other induction based classes.)


    Not a huge change, but it would make blade brother slightly more versatile.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    For the record, the attack duration bonus is very obvious when I play my hunter, so just because they're an 'induction class' doesn't mean it doesn't help.

    That being said, I think it's a good idea if Turbine makes sure it's balanced.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,864
    I'm fairly sure -15% to inductions would make BB so good that you'd even consider putting it on a healer and never use Song-brother.

  4. #4
    Yeah, it sounds a bit op. -On that note: make it happen =)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam in body, Stockholm in spirit
    Posts
    537
    As others have said already, I think 15% would be a little too strong, and it's not really something we need. 5% I could get behind, however.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondolindhrim View Post
    As others have said already, I think 15% would be a little too strong, and it's not really something we need. 5% I could get behind, however.
    That would require a change to the legacy again as it reads +x% to SoW bonuses. But I do like the idea presented by the OP, not sure how to implement.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,405
    Stop wasting BB on Hunters.

    You're making your Champs sad.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestache View Post
    Stop wasting BB on Hunters.

    You're making your Champs sad.
    I tell my champs every time they get sad, DPS better than the hunter and I'll give you the blade brother instead.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    I tell my champs every time they get sad, DPS better than the hunter and I'll give you the blade brother instead.
    Aside from the pissing match between champs and hunters, if their dps is relatively close to each other without BB, wouldn't the attack duration buff on champs make a bigger impact to group dps than it would on a hunter, since a significant amount of time for hunters is spent using inductions, which if I understand it correctly, aren't affected at all by attack duration.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohanadan View Post
    Aside from the pissing match between champs and hunters, if their dps is relatively close to each other without BB, wouldn't the attack duration buff on champs make a bigger impact to group dps than it would on a hunter, since a significant amount of time for hunters is spent using inductions, which if I understand it correctly, aren't affected at all by attack duration.
    Pretty much, yeah. Attack speed duration has a great effect on Champion DPS. I can't find the thread proving this, but for every -1% of attack duration, Champs actually see a DPS increase of greater than 1%.

    Aside from just the DPS help, the ancillary benefits of Blade-brother (like the Inspire heal) are generally better used on Champs than Hunters since Champs are more likely to be taking damage in a raid due to having to be in melee range.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohanadan View Post
    Aside from the pissing match between champs and hunters, if their dps is relatively close to each other without BB, wouldn't the attack duration buff on champs make a bigger impact to group dps than it would on a hunter, since a significant amount of time for hunters is spent using inductions, which if I understand it correctly, aren't affected at all by attack duration.
    Not sure which hunters you play with, but myself and the hunters I play with spend as much time shooting off Pen Shots or Rain of Arrows as much as physically possible, and those I believe are both strongly affected, as they're both Focus attacks.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam in body, Stockholm in spirit
    Posts
    537
    Blade-brother is even better on good Burglars with the Unseen set (and I say that as someone who has played both as raiding main). While they may not get quite as much out of Strength of Will as a Champion does, it's close, and Burglars get more out of To Arms because +Damage buffs are multiplicative with Positional Damage. Finally, they actually need the power from Inspire. :p

    And yes, good Burglars will deal at least as much single-target DPS as any other class.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hannover
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondolindhrim View Post
    [...] and Burglars get more out of To Arms because +Damage buffs are multiplicative with Positional Damage. Finally, they actually need the power from Inspire.
    Champions have a higher crit multiplier and they also need much power

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondolindhrim View Post
    Blade-brother is even better on good Burglars with the Unseen set (and I say that as someone who has played both as raiding main). While they may not get quite as much out of Strength of Will as a Champion does, it's close, and Burglars get more out of To Arms because +Damage buffs are multiplicative with Positional Damage. Finally, they actually need the power from Inspire.

    And yes, good Burglars will deal at least as much single-target DPS as any other class.
    The main issue here is your point with single target DPS. You're right about it, but most of the damage to be dealt in skirmish raids is favored towards AoE classes because of the rather high amount of mobs all the time.

    This is why I always put BB on Champ unless I know they're no good. For places like ToO, the choice is far from this easy.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam in body, Stockholm in spirit
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordGate View Post
    Champions have a higher crit multiplier
    How is this relevant at all? You don't get +crit chance from To Arms, so it's still of greater benefit to Burglars due to Positional Damage.

    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordGate View Post
    and they also need much power :)
    Not as much as a Burglar, unless they're slacking with Second Wind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    The main issue here is your point with single target DPS. You're right about it, but most of the damage to be dealt in skirmish raids is favored towards AoE classes because of the rather high amount of mobs all the time.

    This is why I always put BB on Champ unless I know they're no good. For places like ToO, the choice is far from this easy.
    Yes, to clarify, Burglars should get it for single-target fights only. Even Minstrels are probably a better choice for AoE fights. :p

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload