We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    It took a long time to get all those Alts in!

-Sagitti

Quote Originally Posted by Arrepo View Post
    It took a long time to get all those Alts in!

-Sagitti
    That's what she said

Wait...that makes no sense...

Meh, I rarely do

So my kinnies are happy people, they even wanted to surprise me so the other day they sent me a dozen roses...awwww how sweet, now don;t tell them but I don't care for roses, so it wasn't all that sweet. But as they say, a rose by another name would smell as sweet....

Really now. Ok so let me ask this, you go into a garden and pick a rose. Smell it. Mmmm, nice huh? Now walk 2 feet down the garden path and pick up another one. EW! It smells awful! Wait, whats that? A dog is peeing on the flowers! Gross! And so, this rose which we will now call a peerose does not smell as sweet. That blows that theory out of the water.

How about this, genuis is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. Really? So if I go outside on a 90 degree day and pull weeds and start sweating, will that make me a genuis? Nice! I need to stop playing lotro so much and get outside more so I can be a genuis.

Only a **** for brains would belive that anyway. **** for brains. Imagine? Come on now, if you realy had **** for brains you wouldn't and couldn't do anything. I would say you'd be a vegetable but last time I checked **** wasnt in the food pyramid. But none the less, I suppose you'd be a **** head.

My point dear people is that Tolkien for Medicinal Purposes is recruiting all classes, levels, IQs (obviously) shoe sizes, hair colors and lovers of peeroses even if that is a little sick...

We proudly welcome Softe & Wyhld who are now Tolkien too!

Hmmm Softe, Wyhld...ok we need a Whet to join now....

As we roll along.....

Welcome Artheney

Tolkien for Medicinal Purposes...B.B. Bumble and the Stingers, Mott the Hoople, Ray Charles Singers, Lonnie Mack and twangin' Eddy, here's my ring we're goin' steady, Take it easy, take me higher, liar liar, house on fire, Locomotion, Poco, Passion, Deeper Purple, Satisfaction, Baby baby gotta gotta gimme gimme gettin' hotter, Sammy's cookin', Lesley Gore and Ritchie Valens, end of story, Mahavishnu, fujiyama, kama-sutra, rama-lama, Richard Perry, Spector, Barry, Archies, Righteous, Nilsson, Harry Shimmy shimmy ko-ko bop and Fats is back and Finger Poppin'. Life is a rock but the radio rolled me, Gotta turn it up louder, so my DJ told me, Life is a rock but the radio rolled me, At the end of my rainbow lies a golden oldie. FM, AM, hits are clickin' while the clock is tock-a-tickin, Friends and Romans, salutations, Brenda and the Tabulations, Carly Simon, I behold her, Rolling Stones and centerfoldin' Johnny Cash and Johnny Rivers, can't stop now, I got the shivers, Mungo Jerry, Peter Peter Paul and Paul and Mary Mary, Dr. John the nightly tripper, Doris Day and Jack the Ripper, Gotta go Sir, gotta swelter, Leon Russell, Gimme Shelter, Miracles in smokey places, slide guitars and Fender basses, Mushroom omelet, Bonnie Bramlett, Wilson Pickett, stop and kick it, Life is a rock but the radio rolled me, Gotta turn it up louder, so my DJ told me, Life is a rock but the radio rolled me, At the end of my rainbow lies a golden oldie. Arthur Janov's primal screamin', Hawkins, Jay and Dale and Ronnie, Kukla, Fran and Norma Okla, Denver, John and Osmond, Donny JJ Cale and ZZ Top and LL Bean and De De Dinah, David Bowie, Steely Dan and sing me prouder, CC Rider, Edgar Winter, Joanie Sommers, Osmond Brothers, Johnny Thunders, Eric Clapton, pedal wah-wah, Stephen Foster, do-dah do-dah, Good Vibrations, Help Me Rhonda, Surfer Girl and Little Honda Tighter, tighter, honey, honey, sugar, sugar, yummy, yummy, CBS and Warner Brothers, RCA and all the others. Life is a rock but the radio rolled me, Gotta turn it up louder, so my DJ told me, Life is a rock but the radio rolled me, At the end of my rainbow lies a golden oldie

.....just sayin...

btw if you know that, you should be Tolkien with us!!

Ok so maybe you're a little shy. Maybe you haven't joined a kin yet because you are afraid you have a lack of things to say. Have ne fear!! I'm here to help you my friend. I found the "rules" of how to hold a conversation on the net. SCARY!! It's unreal what you can find on the net but hey, I'm no professional so I thought I better get the right adivice lest I be considered reckless. I don't want to be responsible for someone going out there using these rules and when they fail, having to bear the burden of knowing, I did this to them!! Ya, so anyway, the rules I found are listed below but no worries, my useful tips follow each rule....
    How to have a conversation

1. Start with a “hello,” and simply tell the new person your name then ask them theirs. Offer your hand to shake, upon his or her responding to you. If you already know the person, skip this step and proceed to step 2.

*ok, if you need to be advised to say hello as a convo starter you’re an idiot and you shouldn’t be conversing with peeps in the first place. Trust me, they DON’T want to talk to you.

1. Look around. See if there is anything worth pointing out. Sure, talking about the weather is a cliché, but if there’s something unusual about it—bam!—you’ve got a great topic of conversation.

*Look around huh? Well what if I’m in a bathroom? Do I say something like “tell me, do you prefer a round crapper or an oblong one?” Bad Idea. Please don’t talk about the weather either. Not only is it cliché, it reeks of ‘I don’t know what the hell to talk about’.

1. Offer a compliment. Don’t lie and say you love someone’s hair when you think it’s revolting, but if you like his or her shoes, or a handbag, say so. A sincere compliment is a wonderful way to get someone to warm up to you. But be careful not to say something so personal that you scare the person off or make him or her feel uncomfortable. It is best not to compliment a person’s looks or body.

*Hidden meaning of the above: Kiss butt.

1. Ask questions! Most people love to talk about themselves—get them going. Again, keep the questions light and not invasive. Do not ask too many questions if he or she is not responsive to them. And another thing, so not talk about yourself, because that will make the conversation about you, and people don’t like that either.

*Do not talk about myself? What kind of self centered jerk am I trying to talk to anyway???

So these are the simple convo starters. *sigh* You DO know what this insinuates, don’t you? Yup. Stupidity. If you are so lame brained that you need to research how to talk to me, do us both a favor. Don’t.

Stay tuned for Part 2

Tolkien for Medicinal Purposes - Recruiting the socially awkward....maybe

Ok so maybe you're a little shy. Maybe you haven't joined a kin yet because you are afraid you have a lack of things to say. Have ne fear!! I'm here to help you my friend. I found the "rules" of how to hold a conversation on the net. SCARY!! It's unreal what you can find on the net but hey, I'm no professional so I thought I better get the right adivice lest I be considered reckless. I don't want to be responsible for someone going out there using these rules and when they fail, having to bear the burden of knowing, I did this to them!! Ya, so anyway, the rules I found are listed below but no worries, my useful tips follow each rule....

How to have a conversation

1. Start with a “hello,” and simply tell the new person your name then ask them theirs. Offer your hand to shake, upon his or her responding to you. If you already know the person, skip this step and proceed to step 2.

*ok, if you need to be advised to say hello as a convo starter you’re an idiot and you shouldn’t be conversing with peeps in the first place. Trust me, they DON’T want to talk to you.

2. Look around. See if there is anything worth pointing out. Sure, talking about the weather is a cliché, but if there’s something unusual about it—bam!—you’ve got a great topic of conversation.

*Look around huh? Well what if I’m in a bathroom? Do I say something like “tell me, do you prefer a round crapper or an oblong one?” Bad Idea. Please don’t talk about the weather either. Not only is it cliché, it reeks of ‘I don’t know what the hell to talk about’.

3. Offer a compliment. Don’t lie and say you love someone’s hair when you think it’s revolting, but if you like his or her shoes, or a handbag, say so. A sincere compliment is a wonderful way to get someone to warm up to you. But be careful not to say something so personal that you scare the person off or make him or her feel uncomfortable. It is best not to compliment a person’s looks or body.

*Hidden meaning of the above: Kiss butt.

4. Ask questions! Most people love to talk about themselves—get them going. Again, keep the questions light and not invasive. Do not ask too many questions if he or she is not responsive to them. And another thing, do not talk about yourself, because that will make the conversation about you, and people don’t like that either.

*Do not talk about myself? What kind of self centered jerk am I trying to talk to anyway???

Stay tuned for Part 2

Tolkien for Medicinal Purposes - Recruiting the socially awkward....maybe
    Last edited by Agron5; Jan 17 2013 at 09:37 AM.

Welcome to our newest kinnie! Nifty!!

It's ...um...nifty to have him aboard....

wow...

Congratulations to Sagitti and Elyeth! Tolkien's new officers!!

Please feel free to contact them, along with Lexxey (or alts Chynacat or Chynakat...creative I know) or Skootr to see if you'd be a good fit for our kin. Thanks to our vast amount of crafters, we can always craft more straight jackets!!

I do encourage anyone interested to check out our website

http://tolkienformedicinalpurposes.guildlaunch.com
    Last edited by Agron5; Jan 28 2013 at 08:16 PM.

How to Have a Convo Part 2

Ok, so I had to take a break from the How to Start a Conversation critique, but here I am again to assess the remaining suggestions. So let’s jump right in, shall we?

1. Look your newfound friend in the eye, it engenders trust. Also use the persons name a time or two during the conversation, it will help you remember their name and will draw their attention.

*Look them in the eye and keep saying their name. STALKER! That’s just creepy man. If I just met you, don’t keep saying my name. It comes off obsessive. And staring? Ya, that’s a brilliant idea. Why not just look them in the eye, say their name and follow with the words…call 911.

2. Just relax. Chances are that whatever small talk you’re making isn’t going to stick out in anyone’s mind a few months from now. Just say whatever comes into your head, so long as it’s not offensive or really weird.

*Hmm, chances are they won’t remember huh? Well isn’t that nice. You’ve just been told you’re boring and not worth remembering. Still feel like talking to anyone? Don’t say anything offensive or weird? Then I guess we have nothing to talk about.

3. If you are shy, it would be good to think of a topic ahead of time that you could discuss.

*If you take out index cards, I’m smacking you before you even have the chance to talk

4. Follow the lead that your listener is expressing. If they appear interested, then continue. If they are looking at the clock or watch, or even worse, looking for an exit strategy, then you have gone on too long.

*Ya, if the person you are talking to takes a knife to their wrists, you may want to consider shutting up. Permanently.

5. Interesting and funny quotes or facts can lighten up a convo.

*There once was a man from Nantucket…

And so, there ends part 2 of my series on what to talk about. Are you convinced yet that if you need to follow tips, you should most likely be a mute? If not, I’ll make one last ditch effort to save you from a lifetime of ridicule. Oh ya, I forgot about that part. Ya, if you need to follow these tips chances are everyone is laughing behind your back. Wow. Stinks to be you.

Stay tuned for the final chapter…

Tolkien for Medicinal Purposes - We'll love ya even if you're taking this advice...

Sometimes I wonder what goes on in that pretty little head of yours..... Other times I'm afraid!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skootr View Post
    Sometimes I wonder what goes on in that pretty little head of yours..... Other times I'm afraid!!!
    Nothing much goes on in there...

So here I am, making a last effort to save you from catching that last train to Hopeless Ville. 2 blogs precede this one. Hmmm. Maybe if you haven’t gotten it by now you’re just beyond my words of wisdom helping you. Well, I gotta try so I can sleep at night. Sooo…NEXT!

1. Half of an effective convo is the way you non-verbally communicate and not necessarily what you say. Practice better non-verbal skills that are friendly and confident.

*ok, so farting (technically non-verbal) during convo is out, as is picking your butt or nose. Got it? So how to be friendly and confident and make yourself more interesting... I know what works for me. If the convo starts to get dull, flash some boobage. Always works, immediate attention. Might not if you’re a guy though…

2. Read newspapers and magazines to increase your knowledge so you can have more interesting things to talk about.

*Newspapers and magazines? Aren’t the rules of convo, no religion or politics? Well what are those periodicals filled with? So that will leave you with, “So, did you notice that Sears is having a white sale on Sunday?” Ya, that’ll work.

Now came the ‘Conversation Warnings’. The Don’t Do This section.

1. Don’t use tons of filler like “umm” or “sooo”. It might make the person feel obligated to talk to you.

*Umm…sooo, I don’t want them to have to talk to me? Isn’t that what this stupid list is all about? Umm...Talk about backtracking. Sooo….

2. Don’t desperately ask personal questions

*This is an umm, sooo moment for sure. You getting nervous cause you have nothing to say. You’ve lost the cue cards; you talked about every ad in the paper. What next? Sweat beads form on your forehead. SAY SOMETHING! You blurt out “so, did you have a sex change operation cause you look like you might have been a woman???” Oh nice going.

3. Keep eye contact

*That is to say if they want to. If they are avoiding your gaze, its basically non –verbal communication saying...when is this loser going to shut up and leave me alone.

4. Don’t ever comment negatively on the persons looks.

*Well that’s debatable. I mean, is it commenting negatively if they have a booger hanging from their nose? Lets face it that’s pretty damn negative, but it IS about their appearance. Hey! That’s it! If they have a booger hanging, you won’t want to talk to them anyway! Your problem is now solved. 5 cents please.

So there ya go my friends. The ‘how to have a conversation’ information. If you chose to use it, it’s all good. But if I catch you talking about the weather, toilets, newspaper ads or staring at me, you can be guaranteed of finding my foot up your butt. And once again, if you DO need these tips…ALL ABOARD! Next stop….Hopeless Ville

Tolkien for Medicinal Purposes....let's give 'em something to talk about

Fournineteen has found a new home with us here at
    Tolkien for Medicinal Purposes

Welcome!!!

Tolkien for Medicinal Purposes welcomes our brother to the south...
    Dolhir!

Thinking of Tolkien for Medicinal Purposes? Check out our website for more rambling er...info. Please contact Lexxey, Skootr (Morpheusz), Elyeth (Trona) or Sagitti.
    Last edited by Agron5; Jan 31 2013 at 08:58 AM.

Latest news:

Grats to Trona on reaching Level 85.

And check out the completely redesigned webiste!!!

We did...Welcome to the family

Tolkien for Medicinal Purposes got ourselves an Aussie (with a shrimp on the barbie)

G'day Borkling!!!

Welcome Abroad!!!

(Could this post be chock full of any more lame jokes? Probably, so....)

So it's been a while since I bored you people with my ramblings on important topics like religion, self help and how to hold a conversation. So it's time for another Lexxey thought. Aren't you SO excited? Hmmm...didn't think so but I'm posting anyway.

So rather than leave you with baited breath, I thought I would let you know this....Everything I need to know in life I learned in kindergarten.

It's true, it's the phrase that I believe sums up human existence as we know it. Years and years of school, jr. college, college, adult education, seminars, conferences. So much learning at your fingertips! The world is your oyster man! (Which is kinda gross cause oysters look like snot to me, but maybe that’s just me) But I found the phrase that pays my friends.

Let's say it again...Everything I need to know in life, I learned in kindergarten. Well said. Hear, hear! I’m loving the person who said that. Makes me all warm inside. Funny, the most intelligent words I can think of and they indicate that education is all but useless. Don’t get me wrong. Knowledge is a good thing, knowledge is power, the more you know and all that other stuff. Anyway. I think the prob really stems not from learning itself but WHAT we learn. Let me ask you…have you ever once used A+B=1/4 the mass circumference of an isosceles triangle? No? That’s cause I don’t know what I just said which proves, its all useless! So what did we learn in kindergarten that enlightens us so? Check out this enlightening educational info…

* Share everything

Ahh, to learn to share is basic human decency. “Excuse me, would you please let me see that magazine when you are done reading it?” “Why of course!” the nice person hands it over. The simple gesture made that persons day! Sharing. So simple yet so powerful. So why won’t my neighbor share her Bugatti Veyron Super Sport (price tag $2,400,000.00) with me? Selfish witch…

*Clean up your own mess

Not asking much is it? Wipe the crumbs off the counter, guys, clean those damn pee drops off the toilet, ladies, wrap that tampon! And damn it, dispose of all body parts! Like anyone wants to see them lying around your house. Common courtesy people.

*Don’t hit people/Say your sorry when you hurt someone.

This was 2 diff categories, but I think they work better in conjunction. It’s easy to say don’t hit people. But sometimes we get SO angry, it’s the needed release! Hit a pillow or something instead! But sometimes, you lose control, its sad but true. So next time you get really wicked pissed and ram someone over with your car, thus breaking the rule of not hitting them, for craps sake at least apologize! “Sorry you’ll be in traction for the next 6 months Larry” Don’t you feel better now?

*Wash your hands before you eat.

Before you fix dinner might be a good time too. If not, what does it matter if I wash mine before I eat?

*Flush

‘Nuff said

*Warm cookies and milk are good for you

Well this is a good one. Although I do agree that this kindergarten theory works, I think as we get older, this is one of those advanced education items we need to learn. Repeat after me…sex and alcohol are good for you

*Live a balanced life – learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work

I tried this. Prob is I drew, painted, sang, danced and played AT work. Now I don’t work anymore. Apparently my boss never heard of this whole kindergarten theory.

*Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup, the roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows why, but we are all like that.

Hmm, my seed never grew. It sat in the bottom of the damn cup and did nothing. Since we are all like that, should I be worried?

*Goldfish, hamsters, white mice and even the seed in the cup - they all die. So do we.

Freakin thanks. Now I’m depressed.

*And then remember the Dick and Jane books and the first word you learned. The biggest word of all…LOOK

I thought the most important word in the book was Dick. Huh, I guess I missed the point…

Tolkien for Medicinal Purposes....We gradumated kindergarten

It's time for you meds, Lex.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrepo View Post
    It's time for you meds, Lex.
    The voices in my head told me not to take them...

Tolkien for Medicinal Purposes wishes my wonderful husband Skootr
    a very Happy Birthday!!

Woooooot! Some of us finally hit end game!! We enjoyed taking our time and riding out our journey together

What excitement to reach 85! To once again be capped! (last time I played cap was 65) To join the ranks of end game players and help rebuild Hybolt!!! By...walking a tight rope? Dressing up? Riding a hobby horse?? WHAT?????

Tolkien for Medicinal Purposes...looking for more to ride the hobby horse with us O.o
    Last edited by Agron5; Feb 24 2013 at 01:10 PM.

Ahhh once again I sit with my coffee. Well I mean I sit here drinking my coffee. I don't put it in the chair next to me and let it sit WITH me. Thats insane. We all know thats where the orange juice sits.

Anyway. I sat thinking about my next recruitment post listening to some Dead tunes when I started to wonder if you all knew I was a hippie..well...born in the wrong generation but thats beside the point. HEY! Did I tell you I was at Woodstock for the 40th anniversary? It was so groovy. Well I was at Yasgur's Farm technically. Did you know Woodstock is NOT where the festival took place? Anyone wanting a history lesson on it, please pvt me. Wait, this is not why I'm leaving this post. Let me take a sip of coffee and focus. Maybe I'll burn some incense too. OOOO! I'll hold a love-in and have all like, nakkie hippies running around my land. We can like, all run around listening to tunes and they will all have like, long hair cause they can flow it, show it as long as they can grow it, their haaaaiiiiirrrr!...meanwhile the cops will show up and all be like...nakkie people go home and I'll be like, chill out dude and the cops will all be like yelling and being mean and I'll tell all my hippie friends...THIS is the man...HE is the establishment and they will all nod and mumble among themselves and the cops will be like...get these flaky hippies outta here and I'll be all like...mellow out, man. Then they will arrest me for unlawful assembly even though I maintain it was more of a party.

So maybe I should hold off on the love-in and focus again cause otherwise I'll be in jail and there will be no one to leave Tolkien's posts or they will get some boring dude, my coffee will be cold and who will sit with my orange juice?

Tolkien for Medicinal Purposes...yes thats who I'm recruiting for

So I had a VERY innocent conversation with Cadhor the other day who seemed genuinely excited to join Tolkien for Medicinal Purposes!
    Welcome Cadhor!!

Whaaaaat??? Nothing unusual happened during our convo!!
    There's nothing to see here!!! Move along!!!!

KISS!!!!

No I'm not kissing you (not that it's out of the question, but thats beside the point). But wow, my recruitment posts tend to go on and on a bit don't they? Well, so do I but...OMG I'm doing it again!!!

KISS!!!! (Keep it simple, stupid)....who you callin' stupid?

Tolkien for Medicinal Purposes is a casual, laid back (same thing?) and fun loving group who enjoys the game and all it offers. We are recruiting like minded people. Well, not like minded like me since I'm a tad deranged but you get the idea. We have players of all levels, run instances of all levels, lots of frighteninly obssesed crafters and most of all, a great group of people

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast