We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Necromancer

Necromancer

Admittedly, I'm terrible about reading the quest log lore and info.

At the end of the Hobbit it's revealed that while Bilbo and the dwarves have their adventure, Gandalf is off with Elrond etc at dol guldur and they drive out the necromancer (who later turns out to be Sauron in an early form) from that fortress....so what/who is the necromancer that we encounter in lotro at dol guldur in the epic quest line? As in "necromancer's gate' skirm and the other two (I believe) associated.

Thanks!

Edit: Issue resolved. I mistook Uluithiad of the Assault on the Ringwraiths' Lair for *the* Necromancer, which is certainly not the case.
    Last edited by 7h3C47; Nov 28 2012 at 01:48 PM.
    Elbineezerscrooge - Landroval

Necromancer is indeed Sauron himself. Dol Guldur was his personal fortress for many decades, so the Necromancer Gate is simply named after him.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000000704a/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi108 View Post
    Necromancer is indeed Sauron himself. Dol Guldur was his personal fortress for many decades, so the Necromancer Gate is simply named after him.
    I assumed as much. But in the last of these instances, you and your fellowship/raid face the Necromancer himself, which contradicts my understanding that around the time of the Hobbit, he was forced out of this fortress by the White Council and fled to Mordor. In other words he wouldn't still be at Dol Guldur around the time of the Fellowship of the Ring, nor potentially still in Necromancer form.

http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Dol_Guldur

The necromancer is Sauron. He is not on site at the moment. As you play the content you encounter some of his higher ranking minions such as the Cargul, Nazgul and the human Gorothul that is occupying Sauron's old chambers (Sammath Gul) in Dol Guldur. You are doing Barad Guldur. The minion is the Lieutenant of Dol Guldur (A Nazgul) who I believe used to be the human - King Khamul of the Easterlings.

Do not confuse sorcerers like Gorothul, Khamul and The Witch King of Angmar with "The Necromancer - holder of the One Ring - Sauron".
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Nov 28 2012 at 01:44 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    The necromancer is Sauron. He is not on site at the moment. As you play the content you encounter some of his higher ranking minions such as the Cargul, Nazgul and the human Gorothul that is occupying Sauron's old chambers (Sammath Gul) in Dol Guldur. You are doing Barad Guldur. The minion is the Lieutenant of Dol Guldur (A Nazgul) who I believe used to be the human - King Khamul of the Easterlings.

Do not confuse sorcerers like Gorothul, Khamul and The Witch King of Angmar with "The Necromancer - holder of the One Ring - Sauron".
    Thiiiis is where my thinking was wrong. I mistook Uluithiad of the Assault on the Ringwraiths' Lair for *the* Necromancer, which is definitely not the case. Thanks for pointing that out!

Exclamation A strange coinsidence

When i say that movie, the necromancer looked like the slender man.