We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Dwarf Warden

Hybrid View

Angry Dwarf Warden

So what does the dwarf not have the right to defend their lands? I mean Moria has doors and doors are boundaries, so can doors not be breached, do they not need protected as well? And Moria isnt the only dwarf area i mean how about ered luin is that to be taken easily are their forces to be pushed to thorins hall so they can sit behind a door doing nothing?
    I vote dwarf warden

no. just no. dwarfs arent worthy. It is dwarf blood that shall revive steve. steve hates dwarfs apparently so dwarfs just suck. KILL ALL THE DWARFS

If there were a dwarf warden, it would need to wear heavy armour. Just because there isn't very much for medium armour in moria. Also, it should have a bigger shield (given the stoutness of a dwarf), and probably react to situations with clicky skills. Actually, we could just have the dwarf warden throw out rejuvenation and gambits entirely, since they'd basically just be yelling walls at this point.

But that's a different class... what should we call it?

I know! Guard!

Also: Dwarves should just cower back into their mines and forges and make weapons for some -real- defenders of middle-earth.

Dorfs are fat and stinky.

Do not want.

The most funny would be when dworf waden try to build fist gambit and cannot yell the full baruk khazad coz he begins the second XD

baruk kha... baruk khkhkh... baruk khazad ai meniu! XD

Dwarves should be able to be wardens. Hobbit wardens are the true abomination. Death to hobbit wardens.

Quote Originally Posted by LagunaD View Post
    Dorfs are fat and stinky.

Do not want.
    you are just being racist that's not the point of this forum so present evidence cause we don't want racism

Quote Originally Posted by Novavar View Post
    you are just being racist that's not the point of this forum so present evidence cause we don't want racism
    Wait, you want *evidence* that Dorfs are fat?

As for being stinky, even Mazog (an orc) complained about their utter lack of personal hygiene.

Dorfs are not people. Read up on the lore.

Dorfs are abominations created in an act of sacrilege and rebellion against Eru, and Sauron certainly had a hand in it (he was Aule's #1 Maia at the time).

Eru only allowed the fat, stinky Dorfs to live as an example to warn the other Valar not to screw up like Aule did.

Orcs at least started out as Elves; in that sense, they deserve pity.

Lazy, greedy Dorfs, on the other hand, have never been anything but a foul and unnatural blight on Middle Earth. They deserve nothing but contempt from the free (real) people.
    Last edited by LagunaD; Nov 30 2012 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carren View Post
    If there were a dwarf warden, it would need to wear heavy armour. Just because there isn't very much for medium armour in moria. Also, it should have a bigger shield (given the stoutness of a dwarf), and probably react to situations with clicky skills. Actually, we could just have the dwarf warden throw out rejuvenation and gambits entirely, since they'd basically just be yelling walls at this point.

But that's a different class... what should we call it?

I know! Guard!

Also: Dwarves should just cower back into their mines and forges and make weapons for some -real- defenders of middle-earth.
    really moria isn't the only dwarf home pay attention don't make yourself look like an idiot I've said this all ready

So what does the dwarf not have the right to defend their lands? I mean Moria has doors and doors are boundaries, so can doors not be breached, do they not need protected as well? And Moria isnt the only dwarf area i mean how about ered luin is that to be taken easily are their forces to be pushed to thorins hall so they can sit behind a door doing nothing?
    I vote dwarf warden
    it only would look wrong out dwarf always use have armor why try to see a dwarf in leather ihh! it look wrong!!!!!!!!

I vote dwarf warden
    I agree, we should have the option to play as a Dwarf Warden. Honestly I think all classes should be available to all races.

I still don't realy understand how dwarves(not dorfs) are lazy and worthless. Yes they're greedy, mainly because of the rings of power given to them, and that's all the happened. Can I remind you all what happened to the human kings? Aside from being the greatest craftsmen in middle earth, rivaled only by the elves of old, last time I checked the dwarves fought a long and extremely costly war in the north that utterly decimated the goblin and Orc population to the point were even 150 years later when the events of lord of the rings took place it was still extremely small and if the war had not been fought the fellowship may never of made it to mordor and the free peoples of middle earth may very well have lost the war. Oh ya and what are the elves doing during all of this? Leaving middle earth leaving the rest of the races to fight the evils of the world them selves? What ancient race is staying despite they're numbers declining? Oh it's dwarves. Also despite the depiction if dwarves nowadays of grouchy drunks, dwarves are not just grouchy drunks despite what people think. They are great craftsmen, great musicians, always good on they're word, great friends if you can earn they're trust, they admire great works of art and beauty in nature, are among the best and hardiest warriors in middle earth. Shall I go on?
    Last edited by Skidfar; Dec 23 2012 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidfar View Post
    I still don't realy understand how dwarves(not dorfs) are lazy and worthless. Yes they're greedy, mainly because of the rings of power given to them, and that's all the happened.
    You've got that a bit backwards. The Rings of Power *didn't work* on Dorfs because they were already corrupt.

Dorf + evil ring made by Sauron = average Dorf without any ring.

Not surprising since Sauron (Aule's chief Maia) almost certainly played a major role in creating Dorfs in the first place.

What ancient race is staying despite they're numbers declining? Oh it's dwarves.
    Dorfs are a race of abominations created in an act of sacrilege, so it's not like they have a lot of places to go.

Also despite the depiction if dwarves nowadays of grouchy drunks, dwarves are not just grouchy drunks despite what people think. They are great craftsmen, great musicians, always good on they're word, great friends if you can earn they're trust, they admire great works of art and beauty in nature, are among the best and hardiest warriors in middle earth. Shall I go on?
    Yes, please do - this is cracking me up!

Read The Hobbit and remind me what a "great friend" Thorin Oakenshield was to Bilbo when Bilbo tried to help the people of Laketown, whose lives had been shattered by Dorf greed. Bilbo being the naïf who the lazy, greedy, cowardly Dorfs terrorized into taking all the risks for them, and the people of Laketown being the ones who (foolishly and selflessly) helped them!

As for being "the best and hardiest warriors in Middle-Earth"...name one major glorious victory - in any age - won by Dorfs. You can't, because there aren't any. It is certainly true that Dorfs will fight fanatically to protect their gold (and nothing else). Their problem is that they always get their fat butts kicked.

Even Hobbits (Battle of the Greenfields, Battle of Fornost) have a more illustrious military history than the hapless Dorfs.

For that matter, read the LotR. During the attack on Chamber of Mazarbul, the fellowship slew 13 orcs before the rest fled. Sam got one. Legolas got two. Aragorn and Boromir slew "many". And Gimli, "among the best and hardiest warriors", hewed the legs out from under one. One. Orc.

For those keeping score that makes:

1 Sam (adorable but brave Hobbit who has never drawn a sword before in his life)
    1 Gimli ("best and hardiest warrior race"...no, really)
    2 Legolas (prissy Elf)
    9 Aragorn and Boromir (valiant Men)

Then during the Battle of Helm's Deep, the Dorf *conveniently* finds his way into a nice, safe cave, the depths of which he somehow finds time to explore while Men are busy waging a life and death struggle to decide the fate of Middle Earth. He then has the brass to emerge - after valiant Men have won the day, of course - and claim to have killed 42 (ROFL) orcs. As if a Dorf could even count that high.

"Best and hardiest warriors"?! Give me a break.

Not Warden material.

Not even close.
    Last edited by LagunaD; Dec 24 2012 at 01:37 PM.

A lot of wardens don't want dwarves to be wardens because dwarves are not warden-like (see previous posts). Dwarves shouldn't want to be wardens because wardens are not dwarf-like. To quote the class description:
    "Wardens patrol the borders of civilized lands, preventing the encroachment of fell creatures from the Wild. They limit themselves to medium armour to travel swiftly and silently in defence of those they've sworn to protect."
    Let me draw a couple points:

1. Wardens are basically the ultimate border patrol. Dwarves don't even really have borders to patrol, as they live in caves.

2. Wardens travel swiftly and silently. Dwarves travel neither swiftly nor silently. Ever.

3. They prevent the encroachment of fell creatures from the wild. Again, dwarves don't patrol the wild. This sounds very much like a ranger or an elf.

With all these, hobbit wardens are definitely a stretch, but the point here is that a dwarf warden doesn't make sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bealn View Post
    1. Wardens are basically the ultimate border patrol. Dwarves don't even really have borders to patrol, as they live in caves.
    Except for those that don't.

2. Wardens travel swiftly and silently. Dwarves travel neither swiftly nor silently. Ever.
    Unless they're hunters.

3. They prevent the encroachment of fell creatures from the wild. Again, dwarves don't patrol the wild. This sounds very much like a ranger or an elf.
    They do, however, need to prevent the creatures of the wild from entering their caves. Nothing was mentioned here about patrols. Though I'm sure they could do that too.

With all these, hobbit wardens are definitely a stretch, but the point here is that a dwarf warden doesn't make sense at all.
    Because Hobbits don't have borders, move quietly or need to deal with wild creatures?

Great points.

H.