We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43

Thread: U9 Patch Notes

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,629

    U9 Patch Notes

    Link: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?490212

    So far, nothing that directly impacts captains.....
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

    Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18
    This impacts directly -

    "The Heavy Hytbold armoursmiths have decided to stop making the sets they were awarding out of paper. They are now more durable"

    Well...only until we see what the raiding gear is like at least.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000169bc0/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Watertown, MA
    Posts
    2,918
    The interrupt changes make Kick and the Routing Cry Stun trait more powerful. Interrupts don't just cancel inductions any more, it cancels the skill use and puts it on cooldown. Some other classes got their interrupt cooldowns increased, which makes Kick's cooldown slightly less terrible, relatively speaking.

    Also, miss chance removal from Swords is an indirect buff to Halberds. The bonus Parry chance from Swords is theoretically handy for Captanks, but we might be well past the point of diminishing returns on Parry with legacied parry buff and Alert Guard. Not sure, exactly. It'll be something to look at.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    737
    Quote Originally Posted by awesome
    Base Miss Rate
    We have removed the base miss rate for all classes (freep & creep) and pets. This means, when fighting an on-level or lower level monster, you will not miss. It's important to note that Miss Chance can still be debuffed, so in some cases missing will be possible. Due to this change, the following have been altered:
    hoooolllyyy &&&& this is amazing... This is the hidden gem of this update, and is not getting nearly as much credit as it ought to...

    Unfortunately, since raid (and some instance?) bosses are usually 2-3 levels higher, there will still be random 'miss' chance in the game. If the old agi formulae for reducing miss chance are still in effect then it shouldn't take more than 400-500 agility to get around that... Which isn't really relevant for any class except maybe guardian (missing 'engage' is soooo painful). Anyway I'm pretty excited.
    105 (Captain, Champion, Guardian)

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by DuneBug View Post
    hoooolllyyy &&&& this is amazing... This is the hidden gem of this update, and is not getting nearly as much credit as it ought to...

    Unfortunately, since raid (and some instance?) bosses are usually 2-3 levels higher, there will still be random 'miss' chance in the game. If the old agi formulae for reducing miss chance are still in effect then it shouldn't take more than 400-500 agility to get around that... Which isn't really relevant for any class except maybe guardian (missing 'engage' is soooo painful). Anyway I'm pretty excited.
    The main question here is, will heals that previously didn't trigger on miss trigger on deflection.
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,629
    Quote Originally Posted by DuneBug View Post
    hoooolllyyy &&&& this is amazing... This is the hidden gem of this update, and is not getting nearly as much credit as it ought to...

    Unfortunately, since raid (and some instance?) bosses are usually 2-3 levels higher, there will still be random 'miss' chance in the game. If the old agi formulae for reducing miss chance are still in effect then it shouldn't take more than 400-500 agility to get around that... Which isn't really relevant for any class except maybe guardian (missing 'engage' is soooo painful). Anyway I'm pretty excited.
    Isn't that what the deflection mechanic is supposed to replace?

    From when I read the notes, it seemed like the entire miss chance mechanic was taken out back and shot.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

    Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

  7. #7
    Deflection is only for mobs 4+ levels above you.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Watertown, MA
    Posts
    2,918
    I read this as saying that miss chance is still in the game, but the base miss chance for on-level enemies is gone. That is, on live, you have a 10% chance of missing an on-level target before subtracting the miss chance reduction from Agility (and the passive effect on swords).

    As far as I can tell, there will still be a scaling chance to miss above-level targets, in addition to the new Deflection mechanic.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    I read this as saying that miss chance is still in the game, but the base miss chance for on-level enemies is gone. That is, on live, you have a 10% chance of missing an on-level target before subtracting the miss chance reduction from Agility (and the passive effect on swords).

    As far as I can tell, there will still be a scaling chance to miss above-level targets, in addition to the new Deflection mechanic.
    Yup, that's how I read it too -- more like a rescaling of base miss chance with on-level value being 0% instead of being some value greather than 0%.

    Still wonder how deflection would be interpreted by the GE -- would it be a hit that's fully evaded, or just another way to miss.
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    That's what I interpreted as well. Unfortunately, agility never affected the miss chance on above level mobs (if that kicked in, it was an automatic miss, no matter how much agility you stacked) which makes agility in general about as useful as fate.

    Though at least we fared better than champions, because we can still use the avoidances agility gives, whereas champs get exactly nothing from agility (minus the crit that you also get from fate).

    Someone in my raid group did make a good point though. Deflection kicks in four levels above, and raid bosses tend to be no higher than three levels above. Maybe they removed even the above level miss chance so people would stop complaining about missing on bosses, but implemented something new so hitting things on landscape that're above your level will still cause you to "miss" (with different terminology).
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Watertown, MA
    Posts
    2,918
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Deflection kicks in four levels above, and raid bosses tend to be no higher than three levels above. Maybe they removed even the above level miss chance so people would stop complaining about missing on bosses, but implemented something new so hitting things on landscape that're above your level will still cause you to "miss" (with different terminology).
    That sounds really plausible to me. There have always been a lot of complaints about long-CD skills with important effects missing in raids (Valiant Strike, anyone?), and this seems like a good way to reduce that problem, if not eliminate it entirely.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    737
    Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    That sounds really plausible to me. There have always been a lot of complaints about long-CD skills with important effects missing in raids (Valiant Strike, anyone?), and this seems like a good way to reduce that problem, if not eliminate it entirely.
    i was thinking oathbreakers.

    "oathbreakers in 10s guys... ... uhh it missed."
    105 (Captain, Champion, Guardian)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    714
    Quote Originally Posted by DuneBug View Post
    i was thinking oathbreakers.

    "oathbreakers in 10s guys... ... uhh it missed."
    That ^, is prolly one of the biggest reasons to get really excited about this change. Missing engage or Oathbreakers is extremely annoying and can easily fail a fight. So Im really happy with the change =)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,367
    well, looks like my build will need to be adjusted a little. i run heavy on the Agility for the crit and the TO-HIT! well, now its only for crit, and straight-up +crit items will get far more bang-per-slot.

    right now, i have ~100 more Agi than Vit (i get criticized... until they play with me). lokks like ill need to swing this the other direction.

    i also JUST made all my relics... and while the +agi will not be a total waste, i may have chosen differnt relics. oh well, im not second guessing myself and i do LOVE this change. i wouldnt want to hold this back because of some simple decisions ive made.

    this also makes the LTC armor less desirable, whish was the route i went.

    ill say it AGAIN: this game obviously lacks long-term-vision... and seems so haphazard.
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post
    well, looks like my build will need to be adjusted a little. i run heavy on the Agility for the crit and the TO-HIT! well, now its only for crit, and straight-up +crit items will get far more bang-per-slot.

    right now, i have ~100 more Agi than Vit (i get criticized... until they play with me). lokks like ill need to swing this the other direction.

    i also JUST made all my relics... and while the +agi will not be a total waste, i may have chosen differnt relics. oh well, im not second guessing myself and i do LOVE this change. i wouldnt want to hold this back because of some simple decisions ive made.

    this also makes the LTC armor less desirable, whish was the route i went.

    ill say it AGAIN: this game obviously lacks long-term-vision... and seems so haphazard.
    Eh, agility's nice for the avoidances too. Also something you could get better if you went for solid parry or evade or whatever, but I kinda like all the little bonuses from agility. I'll probably end up lowering my agility a little bit from this change, but not significantly.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Watertown, MA
    Posts
    2,918
    This makes some of the crafted armour a bit more viable, too. Like the Commanding sets, IIRC, have a lot of Might and morale and some +Crit but no AGI.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

  17. #17
    Yes, agility not affecting misses much is a welcome change to any melee class, as our gear has less and less agility every update. Especially in moors.
    Parry is nice and the interrupt changes will maybe make me put kick on a moors weapon.


    There is another benefit in this update for captains: crit defence/avoidance change.
    We care a bit more that we do crit than that our crit hits big.
    Last edited by Pero_the_Cappy; Nov 30 2012 at 12:15 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000775b8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Someone in my raid group did make a good point though. Deflection kicks in four levels above, and raid bosses tend to be no higher than three levels above. Maybe they removed even the above level miss chance so people would stop complaining about missing on bosses, but implemented something new so hitting things on landscape that're above your level will still cause you to "miss" (with different terminology).
    The guy in your raid group was right. I tested this pretty much as soon as BR went live, and misses are gone from all targets up to (and including) 3 levels above you.

    Rejoice! No more missing out on Battle-readied because Shadow's Lament missed. :p
    Fredecar - Burglar ~ Original Challenger of Saruman
    Fingolwë - Champion ~ Challenger of Gortheron
    Eleril - Captain ~ Bane of the Lieutenant

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondolindhrim View Post
    The guy in your raid group was right. I tested this pretty much as soon as BR went live, and misses are gone from all targets up to (and including) 3 levels above you.

    Rejoice! No more missing out on Battle-readied because Shadow's Lament missed.
    Well, no idea where this is WAI though. Also, it should still possible be to get debuffed and miss as a result, from what I read.
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezmer View Post
    Well, no idea where this is WAI though. Also, it should still possible be to get debuffed and miss as a result, from what I read.
    True, but those miss chance debuffs are mainly from things like limrafns, and honestly how often do you fight those things? I try to avoid 'em as much as possible because they made me miss so much as it was. Even those you should miss less on now.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,367
    at least the -miss debuffs will affect everyone the same and can be accounted for. as it is now, everyone has some unknown hit chance that is still additvly affected by debuffs!

    so, its still a win as i see it!
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Watertown, MA
    Posts
    2,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Pero_the_Cappy View Post
    There is another benefit in this update for captains: crit defence/avoidance change.
    We care a bit more that we do crit than that our crit hits big.
    Eh, where are these changes? I didn't see crit defence mentioned in either the original or the B2 patch notes.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,629
    New Patch Notes:

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...JECT-TO-CHANGE

    @Furtim:
    Think he's referring to agro through crits, and needing to be a bit sturdier to deal with them.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

    Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    537
    That's because it wasn't in the Patch Notes. Link
    Fredecar - Burglar ~ Original Challenger of Saruman
    Fingolwë - Champion ~ Challenger of Gortheron
    Eleril - Captain ~ Bane of the Lieutenant

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    That's a pretty excellent change, at least for captains, or at least for my captain. I've never been too thrilled with captain's DPS as it is, so my crits were mainly in order to get off my defeat responses easier. This change should make it so I do a little less DPS whenever I crit, but since I'll be able to crit more often I should be able to pull off more defeat responses.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload