We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Long Road Traveled - Low Level Farming for your High Level Characters

Hello everyone, I wanted to voice my opinion about this subject as I think it is time to make life a little easier for our lowbie Farmer/Cooks in getting to the Superior Farmlands north of Hobbiton. Sure we can set our map there but what if you forget stuff from your vault? How much time does it take after you have farmed your to ride back to the superior oven to cook your food?

I think they should do one of two things. Either turn the paid horse to Hobbiton into a swift travel, or just make the farmlands right there in Michel Delving Superior. There you have easy access to the cooking guild vendors, the vault and the superior oven. This way you dont have to spend the traveling time back and forth to the farmlands especially when there are already farmlands in Michel Delving.

I am complaining I know but for 3 years I have made this "Farming Journey" and I want some relief...

What do you think?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000085597/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I think the Shire has needed some additional Fast Travel routes for a long time now.
    [CENTER][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]<< Co-founder of [I][U][SIZE="4"]The Firebrands of Caruja[/SIZE][/U][/I] on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    I think the Shire has needed some additional Fast Travel routes for a long time now.
    Yeah it has, it is the the most time consuming low level area to get around in!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000085597/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Compared to the superior fields in rohan the shires not that bad. Campfire between the two as well which doesnt hurt, unless like me your maths sometimes doesnt add up well.

Best option for a higher level cook/farmer is lagtrev, once you're high enough not to body aggro from the fields anyway.

It's still subject to change but it may happen in near future that Farmers will leave Hobbiton fields for new fields in Bree:
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarycrow View Post
    Yes. All the regular crafting facilities now also grant superior usage as well (for both). Also I have added more facilities throughout the city.

1.) Complete set of facilities by the south gate
    2.) Bree-town crafting hall (still at it's same location)
    3.) Complete set of facilities by the west gate
    4.) I've also added farmland and superior farmland to the hobbit farms found in the North 'hobbit' section of Bree.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000018034/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Ingion View Post
    It's still subject to change but it may happen in near future that Farmers will leave Hobbiton fields for new fields in Bree:
    Awesome! Thanks for posting this feed Ingion, I havent looked into the Breevamp until now, so good to see something changing for this...

Being inside a building I'd probably avoid the bree craft hall option to avoid the lotro load times.

Quote Originally Posted by Moneydie View Post
    Being inside a building I'd probably avoid the bree craft hall option to avoid the lotro load times.
    Im not sure that this would matter, being that I dont use my farmer regularly so a few extra seconds of load wont hurt me ...Thanks for the warning!

The only long load times I have are with my mains and other high level alts.

You can use Bree now for the farmland and the bank is closer. Also, if you have a hunter/farmer you have the swift travel to MD. The other plus with the hunter is you can make your own fires and not have to travel to Waymeet.

Hunter can also bind to their campfire near bag end. (I do this during certain events for ease of travel)