We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ettenmoors
    Posts
    2,324

    Remove Morale cost on Words of Courage by default

    Personally I think it's stupid to cost the healer Morale to cast a heal encouraging their troops. What, did he pass out from the encouraging words? The only thing it should cost is power.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Works the same way as the LM heal (actually, the same way as most of their heals) and it's not a high amount of morale. Leave it as is, no reason to go fiddling around in the database to 'fix' this.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,864
    EDIT: I sure misread here lol...
    Last edited by Elrantiri; Nov 26 2012 at 10:04 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    1,243
    I would prefer only losing morale. I don't care about losing some morale, I have a big pot. I'd prefer removing the power cost since its ridiculously high without traiting.
    [CENTER][I][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000dc2af/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/CENTER]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,864
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Words of Courage isn't Time of Need.
    I guess it's time to go to bed, what a misread >_<
    Last edited by Elrantiri; Nov 26 2012 at 10:07 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ettenmoors
    Posts
    2,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendrone View Post
    I would prefer only losing morale. I don't care about losing some morale, I have a big pot. I'd prefer removing the power cost since its ridiculously high without traiting.
    Every bit counts sometimes. It's silly that I cannot heal someone if my health is at like 50 as I'm running away because their thing costs Morale to encourage someone, yet the Minstrel can encourage someone WITHOUT using any Morale.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    1,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    Every bit counts sometimes. It's silly that I cannot heal someone if my health is at like 50 as I'm running away because their thing costs Morale to encourage someone, yet the Minstrel can encourage someone WITHOUT using any Morale.
    I can honestly say that that has never happened to me. I've always thought it was fitting because captains sacrifice themselves for others (ToN, IHW, WoC)... It's part of what I love about the captain. I do believe though that it should either cost morale or power, not both. Minstrel's are not not a selfless class, they have a stance that is all about them (WS).
    [CENTER][I][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000dc2af/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/CENTER]

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendrone View Post
    I'd prefer removing the power cost since its ridiculously high without traiting.
    Seems like everything does doesn't it? It amazes me how I can keep the groups power at cap while being the only one at half or below power and potting.
    Last edited by Armitas; Nov 27 2012 at 08:34 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendrone View Post
    I can honestly say that that has never happened to me.
    I don't really mind the morale cost, but this has happend to me a few times. Wanted to heal while on last stand + IHW and not enough morale... Pretty rare though. The morale cost bothers me little enough that the WOC morale cost legacy never came close to being worth it.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    Every bit counts sometimes. It's silly that I cannot heal someone if my health is at like 50 as I'm running away because their thing costs Morale to encourage someone, yet the Minstrel can encourage someone WITHOUT using any Morale.
    I don't think it's silly. At least, it's not sillier than not being able to heal anyone because you're out of power. When either happens, I think it's mostly because of my poor play/planning, rather than a gameplay defect.
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ettenmoors
    Posts
    2,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezmer View Post
    I don't think it's silly. At least, it's not sillier than not being able to heal anyone because you're out of power. When either happens, I think it's mostly because of my poor play/planning, rather than a gameplay defect.
    Or maybe because I play in the Moors (which is hard mode in the game) where you actually put the games skills to the test. You need every bit of morale.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    Or maybe because I play in the Moors (which is hard mode in the game) where you actually put the games skills to the test. You need every bit of morale.
    Preserving morale when you know you're going to need it is a skill. Or at least that's how it looks to an "easy mode" player like me =)
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    1,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    Or maybe because I play in the Moors (which is hard mode in the game) where you actually put the games skills to the test. You need every bit of morale.
    You cannot use ToN when below morale either. I've just accepted the morale cost as part of the game. If I need instant morale in Last Stand I'll use VS, Muster Courage, pot...
    [CENTER][I][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000dc2af/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/CENTER]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    732
    un-needed game mechanic that i'm pretty sure is only there for 'lore' purposes.

    do remember it's "morale", and not HP. I'm sure that's what the dev's thought process was.
    And how could you inspire someone else when your own morale was at near 0... Or that the act of inspiring others would cost you some of your own. Minstrels are merely playing a song, us captains apparently have to give a speech!

    Of course, why doesn't this also occur on rally cry or inspire or valiant strike...

    TLDR; Yes I totally agree... It should either have a power cost or a morale cost, but not both. Won't get changed... zzz
    Last edited by DuneBug; Nov 28 2012 at 01:29 PM.
    105 (Captain, Champion)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ettenmoors
    Posts
    2,324
    Quote Originally Posted by DuneBug View Post
    It should either have a power cost or a morale cost, but not both.
    I also think it should just choose one. But please don't choose morale -.- I needs that stuff to live.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    Seems like everything does doesn't it? It amazes me how I can keep the groups power at cap while being the only one at half or below power and potting.
    The Defensive Strike power restore helps but it's annoying to have to keep spamming it when you could be going after crit responses instead.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130000000daed2/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezmer View Post
    Preserving morale when you know you're going to need it is a skill. Or at least that's how it looks to an "easy mode" player like me =)
    The main problem with morale cost shows up when you're in Last Stand at 1 morale. This often happens in emergency situations when healing your group becomes very important, but you find yourself unable to do anything but stand there and soak up damage, usually leading to a 25 second delayed wipe. Maybe Last Stand could eliminate morale costs for all skills? It's not like anyone ever dies because they used up too much morale trying to heal under normal circumstances, but morale cost is annoying in emergency situations which doesn't feel right. Gameplay wise it's just annoying and makes Last Stand less versatile, sometimes even harmful when dying and being instantly rezzed is a better option so as to able to heal.
    Last edited by GeorgeBaggy; Dec 05 2012 at 12:29 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130000000daed2/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hannover
    Posts
    1,200
    I think it´s okay like it is...

    Are you ever ran out of morale because you spam WoC? I don´t think so... but there have to be a disadvantage when using last stand and absorbing 50% of the gruop damage... when you are 25 seconds undefeatable and your group takes a lot of damage you will have 0 Morale for a while and: you can´t heal with WoC ! This is completely okay
    Second Marshall Maywyn Eorthas of Rohan - Captain - Rank 13

    Tyrant Gate Wargkönig, Son of Krithmog - Stalker - Rank 15

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    67
    I think it's important that it costs morale. It provides another dynamic to the captain; it stops last stand from being overpowred. The fact that when we're on 1 morale we cant heal everybody is interesting and good.

    The power cost is relatively high but it's not as extreme as some of the people are making it out to be.
    If it's not broken why fix it?
    Evernight:
    Ellomir - Captain
    Snowbourn:
    Radni - Loremaster

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,698
    So I hurt myself when I put courage into the heart of others? ok..hypocrite like a baws :3
    Nerf healing in PvMP and just maybe it will be worth it again.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hannover
    Posts
    1,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    So I hurt myself when I put courage into the heart of others? ok..hypocrite like a baws :3
    Well, if you wan´t to walk on this road...

    When there is need of inspiring our fellows morale, the leader (captains) knows of the real bad situation you are in. He don´t show it to his fellows, but knows it. His morale (we don´t talk about hitpoints or "life") falls in a unnoteable way.

    Remember the speech of Aragorn in front of the Black Gates... Of course he knew that they are all doomed, but he inspired his fellows to give all they have (and maybe win within the hearts of his fellows). The knowledge of doom will decrease Aragorns morale unnotable slightly.
    Last edited by OverlordGate; Dec 06 2012 at 11:05 AM.
    Second Marshall Maywyn Eorthas of Rohan - Captain - Rank 13

    Tyrant Gate Wargkönig, Son of Krithmog - Stalker - Rank 15

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ettenmoors
    Posts
    2,324
    Run in a straight line healing someone across a large battlefield in a retreat. You say you can't hurt yourself. lol good one.

    Try popping In Harms Way and Last Stand in a large body of Creeps to save your healer. You cannot heal them anymore.

    Rallying Cry costs NO power. It is a very nice heal.
    Last edited by Graycient; Dec 06 2012 at 02:07 PM.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    Try popping In Harms Way and Last Stand in a large body of Creeps to save your healer. You cannot heal them anymore.
    That would be because you're already removing half the damage they're taking. I'd rather prevent a mini from taking 10k worth of damage than try to get off a heal that only does around 700 + HoT on a non-crit.

    Still seems fair to me that you can't do both at once.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload