We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Shame on you "Grief-festers"

For most of Yesterday and early Today a few members from a certain Kinship [you are always around when the Sutcrofts Avanc spawn in odd places] have been exploiting a bug or feature of the sutcrofts fishing daily where you are supposed to fish up and kill the Avanc. THey have been placing them in the Rookie zones, Auction halls, craft halls and in Bree by the 50's. They have continued to do this after a GM ask them to stop. Over 2 dozen rookies have died crafting and farming. I am also saddened by the lack of any action by the GM staff other then getting on glff for one message to stop doing this and a brief 30min of removing the spawns. The GM staff stopped removing them and the grief-fest continued.
    THIS is what gives our server such a bad name and why we get few new players here. It is a shame also that even after saying this activity was 'against the rules' no other action was taken to stop this from happening.
    I am not going to say here how this was done exactly. But GM staff are welcome to ask me and i will explain it again in another bug report.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000fad6c/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

yeah...today a kinmate and i actually went to bree to go kill them. What is so fun about letting them loose and kill low levels/noobs?
    R14 Defiler Ezmoding, R12 warleader Hydraah, R12 reaver Lubshag, R12 warg Landvaettir, R15 hunter Pewpewboom,
    R10 guardian Baforin, R9 hunter Baflo, R9 captain Adalwic
    https://www.youtube.com/catch?v=670if6Etx0o

Lets take a moment of silence for all of those who lost their lives in this brutal avnac attack. We need to find a solution for it ASAP. I suggest starting a NAP (national avnac patrol) that will stand at every quest hub, auction hall and crafting hall and will terminate the avnacs that appear in those locations. If this doesnt solve the problem, then 24 low leverlers will get their first raiding experience.

P.S. WTB avnacs in the moors.
    Last edited by alpha1445; Nov 25 2012 at 01:57 PM.
    Jeridz l Rank 9 l Minstrel l Apex l Elendilmir

a few members from a certain Kinship [you are always around when the Sutcrofts Avanc spawn in odd places]
    I was standing in Bree (and the Shire) when the Avancs were there & even helped kill them. Though, to suggest it's only one kin doing it is completely ignorant. I saw them spawned by multiple people of different kins. It's pretty obvious when they're dropped.

While "we of a certain Kinship" were standing in West Bree, a bunch were dropped in South. I guess that's our fault too because we were in the same town, right?

"We of a certain Kinship" were also standing on top of the stable master roof while avancs were spawned in the middle of the street.

Perhaps you should actually watch what happens instead of basing a conclusion on what you think you see. As I said above, it's pretty obvious when they're dropped.

Your investigative skills are very derp.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha1445 View Post
    lets take a moment of silence for all of those who lost their lives in this brutal avnac attack. We need to find a solution for it asap. I suggest starting a nap (national avnac patrol) that will stand at every quest hub, auction hall and crafting hall and will terminate the avnacs that appear in those locations. If this doesnt solve the problem, then 24 low leverlers will get their first raiding experience.

P.s. Wtb avnacs in the moors.
    lmao, huahauhuahuahuahu
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000d9e9a/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [I]"That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind"[/I]

I heard 2 folks got suspended for this event. Seem to me that alot folks were having fun droping them and or just being part of this weird event by the chatter in glff and regional and amount of folks that came to west bree and other areas. So many showed up for the event that the game made layers in bree that iv not seen in long while happen there. Seem to me that if some dident like what was going on they would not come and from the head count there looked to be 5+ kins doing it and 15 or so folks instagating it. I died many times coming to bree during this event but though it was kinda silly fun in odd way

Sorry, I missed this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Errolwulf View Post
    THIS is what gives our server such a bad name and why we get few new players here.
    Yeah. Avanc glitch was discovered when? It's the source of all evil on this server. No one comes here because of the avancs.

Nevermind I have friends that tell me that it happens on other servers too.

Again, derp.

By the way, Ozzy88 DURING BETA told you all at Turbine about the glitch. He even suggested that you make it unique so people couldn't have a bunch in their bags.

He was obviously ignored.

So the two (that I'm aware of) that got suspended for 7 days isn't because of the fact that they "harassed" people by dropping massive amounts of avancs, it's because Turbine knowingly left it open to be abused.

Feel free to keep blaming the players.

For most of Yesterday and early Today a few members from a certain Kinship [you are always around when the Sutcrofts Avanc spawn in odd places] have been exploiting a bug or feature of the sutcrofts fishing daily where you are supposed to fish up and kill the Avanc.
    This has been reported a number of times and suggestions have been offered of how to fix it in beta. So blame turbine for this bug.

THey have been placing them in the Rookie zones, Auction halls, craft halls and in Bree by the 50's. They have continued to do this after a GM ask them to stop. Over 2 dozen rookies have died crafting and farming.
    Placing them out in the open is fun and gives "rookies" a good time. Placing them in crafting halls/auction halls is crossing the line. Its fun for an 85 to watch and laugh but people go afk there to craft and people cant escape. They can only die. By the way, GM's do this in beta too. They unleashed the moors tyrants in bree in RoR beta. Thats turbine being hypocritical. Baning people for unleashing avnacs in bree? But you unleash moors tyrants there? Just something to think about.

I am also saddened by the lack of any action by the GM staff other then getting on glff for one message to stop doing this and a brief 30min of removing the spawns. The GM staff stopped removing them and the grief-fest continued.
    Lack of GM action? 2-4 people got a 7 day ban. Wow, the GM's totaly missed this one.

THIS is what gives our server such a bad name and why we get few new players here.
    Our servers pretty decent aside from the moors qq and some want to be trolls. And this ISNT what makes our server bad because our server isnt bad. I suggest you find out how new players choose their servers.

It is a shame also that even after saying this activity was 'against the rules' no other action was taken to stop this from happening.
    Again, 2-4 players got a 7 day ban. How this could have been prevented was by LISTENING to players bug reports in beta. So again, blame turbine.

I am not going to say here how this was done exactly. But GM staff are welcome to ask me and i will explain it again in another bug report.
    They already know about it. Again, it was already mentioned in beta.

yeah...today a kinmate and i actually went to bree to go kill them. What is so fun about letting them loose and kill low levels/noobs?
    The so called victims, or at least some of them were having fun. If I was a level 20-30 I would go out and try to kill it. I would actualy support turbine doing things like this. It makes LotRO more fun, entertaining and gives us a break from the leveling/general gear grind.

Also there were serveral kins doing it. So dont say it was one kin.

Your investigative skills are very derp.
    Your personal description has been updated.

Anyone else find this ironic...

The hytbold quest was the avnac one again today.

Yeah. We were laughing at the irony of it earlier.

It was equally amusing watching a number of people fish at the same time, yet no avancs spawned.

I rather enjoyed the whole event. It was pleasant to have something different occur like that and gave a much needed closeness to the players...for a short while.

It's not the first time that Turbine GM's have come in tried to fix things and then leave. I've had personal experience with that that got me a warning.

The so called victims, or at least some of them were having fun. If I was a level 20-30 I would go out and try to kill it. I would actualy support turbine doing things like this. It makes LotRO more fun, entertaining and gives us a break from the leveling/general gear grind.

Also there were serveral kins doing it. So dont say it was one kin.
    :P i was refering to the semi-afk low levels/noobs in the crafting hall that got killed, for the rest I think it was pretty fun seeing everyone run/try to fight them.....and btw I am not blaming anyone or any kin :-)
    R14 Defiler Ezmoding, R12 warleader Hydraah, R12 reaver Lubshag, R12 warg Landvaettir, R15 hunter Pewpewboom,
    R10 guardian Baforin, R9 hunter Baflo, R9 captain Adalwic
    https://www.youtube.com/catch?v=670if6Etx0o

btw I am not blaming anyone or any kin
    I was referring to more of what errolwulf said but my formating got messed up.

i have to remember to thank whoever started it. got a ton of scales to vend off. made a couple of gold that way.

Had fun... almost.

I thought it was kinda fun; it mixed things up a bit and got all 50 people on the server in an activity bigger than the festivals.

The one complaint I do have is that a spawn point got set on... well, a player re-spawn ring. (just North-West of the West Bree Gate)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000009ee7f/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]