We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Unhappy Massive AH Disaster...

Yesterday, for the first time since launch of SoA, I received very rare, valuable item. I won a Tarnished Symbol of Celebrimbor in a skirmish PUG. I was ecstatic...finally time for me to get some Gold in reserve to buy nice things. Well, I screwed up....big time. I put in on the AH, and instead of marking the price 455 gold and change, I posted it at 455 SILVER. I logged back in to my AH toon last night right after Thanksgiving dinner and discovered with heartbreak my mistake (screen shot below)

I know this is probably pointless to ask, but is there anything that can be done about this? I am heartbroken...I cannot believe I made such a stupid mistake on something so amazing. I suppose I was very distracted by all the family things going on, but still...shocking. thanks

Ainatarcil

There is nothing you can do. Unless you can find the buyer, but I doubt s/he would give it back. That was truly a steal of a deal for them.

I've make a similar mistake before with selling groups of 100 ore or wood. It really sucks when you get the letter of sale. Feels a bit like you got made fun of . "Congratulations! You sold your item for a lot less than you hoped for, and it was YOUR fault!"
    Help me build my LOTRO Performance Reference Guide!
    Link for Mac users

Why you double check your listing for very valuable items, example A.

Sorry, there is nothing you can do about this. At least it's only ingame gold and not real money, eh?

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Actually, I'm the one who bought it, and I looked for you in GLFF once I bought it (bought it too fast to know your name, but knew the price you put it up for).

It'll be in your mail, soon.

Quote Originally Posted by canyouaddcolour View Post
    Actually, I'm the one who bought it, and I looked for you in GLFF once I bought it (bought it too fast to know your name, but knew the price you put it up for).

Oh my God...I cannot even believe this. I am speechless and floored. Thank you so much. Yeah, I logged right after I posted it because we had to leave to visit with family. You can send it to either Redeglan (my lvl-17-for-4-years-bank-ah-toon) or Ainatarcil (my main).

I cannot thank you enough...I seriously am so shocked right now that I don't know what else to say. I know it is just a game and does not really matter, but it was so disappointing to make a mistake like that on my first time ever having the chance to break the 100g mark and buy some nice upgrades. You have restored a lot of faith in me of the kindness of strangers. Cheers, mate...a thousand times.

Kudos, man.

Well done Mykonos, you are a credit to your Kin, to the server and to the wider LotRO community. Congrats Urchy on getting a second chance, be more careful this time
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    - Will Rogers

Good on ya, man.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

nicely done & +rep

nice to see that playing freep side actually means something :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Vaapad View Post
    I tip my hat to you sir!
    Myk is the man. and just cause I'm slightly more gangsta than Vangelis, I tips Du-rag to u homie!
    Last edited by 87_Suited; Nov 24 2012 at 04:08 AM.
    Bigslick

This is why Myk is an Officer and such an important part of Ramble On.

Well this thread was like a breath of fresh air.
    Elendilmir - Saie 96 Minnie, R10 | Sailas 88 LM, R5 | Sailos 88 Champ
    Windfola - Sail 88 Cappie, R7 | Sailas 88 Hunter, R7

<3 Myk He's always fair with people hehe
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04205010000142064/signature.png]Mistermuggles[/charsig]

Faith in humanity restored...

Theodhelm - Captain | Junkyard - Stalker
    Previously from ~Elendilmir Server~ the [Jewelled Bell] of servers
    ~Arkenstone~
    ~Misadventurers~

Wow, dude. That is true character. Props to you for doing the right thing when no one would have known it was you.

WOW!!

This is what makes you believe there are decent people out there.. massive props to this guy for being well above the average decent human being!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000273dd3/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]