We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

plugins on the new mac client

Where should I place my old "Plugins" folder for it to be recognized by the mac client? I have a folder currently in the directory ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online but apparently this does not work for the new mac client, even though it worked well for wine.

Is there a specific place I have to move that folder, or do I need to create a new folder over again?
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

On the beta Mac client, Plugins go into your user Library here;

~/Library/Application Support/com.turbine.lotroclient/Plugins

Make a new folder called Plugins if one does not exist. Don't use the existing PluginData folder.

Valamar gives some suggestion for adding Plugins on the lotro-wiki here.

Plugins work fine for me installed in this location.
    Gaspard Strongpole - Hunter on Eldar : Mac Player - iMac/27-inch, Late 2013/ 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5/ 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB/OS X 10.10.5

Quote Originally Posted by Toddlepip View Post
    On the beta Mac client, Plugins go into your user Library here;

~/Library/Application Support/com.turbine.lotroclient/Plugins

Make a new folder called Plugins if one does not exist. Don't use the existing PluginData folder.

Valamar gives some suggestion for adding Plugins on the lotro-wiki here.

Plugins work fine for me installed in this location.
    Is this location different for mac clients installed through the Steam installer?

Quote Originally Posted by Rassollien View Post
    Is this location different for mac clients installed through the Steam installer?
    No, apparently not. However, I'm still verifying such things.

The major difference so far: Steam installs the Mac Client itself in:

~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Lord of the Rings Online/The Lord of the Rings Online™.app

This directory happens to also include all of the various components of the Windows Client!... yes, duplicate graphics files.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    No, apparently not. However, I'm still verifying such things.

The major difference so far: Steam installs the Mac Client itself in:

~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Lord of the Rings Online/The Lord of the Rings Online™.app

This directory happens to also include all of the various components of the Windows Client!... yes, duplicate graphics files.
    Ok, thanks for the info. Just can't seem to find my com.turbine.lotroclient folder in Application Support.

Ok, thanks for the info. Just can't seem to find my com.turbine.lotroclient folder in Application Support.
    Make sure you are looking in the User directory not the system one. It is the same one as the Steam folder is located. To go to it directly;

1. In the Finder click Go in the top (left) menu bar and select Go To Folder... and copy paste;

~/Library/Application Support/com.turbine.lotroclient
    Click Go and it should take you to the folder.

If the lotroclient has not run (i.e. progressing past Log In) then I don't think this folder is created. Same with the;

~/Library/Preferences/com.turbine.lotroclient.plist
    On the Mac the ~ key represents the User (your user name) directory. The System has it's on version of this file directory.
    Gaspard Strongpole - Hunter on Eldar : Mac Player - iMac/27-inch, Late 2013/ 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5/ 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB/OS X 10.10.5

Thank you, pasting the folder path in worked for me! Though trying to navigate directly still doesn't show the folder. Either I'm still going down the wrong path or something is hidden. At any rate, plugins are working, and that's what I came here for

Thank you, pasting the folder path in worked for me! Though trying to navigate directly still doesn't show the folder. Either I'm still going down the wrong path or something is hidden. At any rate, plugins are working, and that's what I came here for
    Apple has hidden the Library folder since the release of Lion.

You need to use the drop-down "Go" menu in the Finder and select "go to folder". (There are several ways to do this, but that is the easiest.)
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

As Valamar says or, if you are not sure of the path;

Click Go on the Finder menu bar and hold down the ALT key will reveal the user Library in the drop down menu.

personally I use a free app called iTweax for regular maintenance and use it's settings to show the Library all the time.