Quote Originally Posted by SentinelBasch View Post
Well, there's also Oathbreaker's Shame, which does have its uses, and the marking skills, along with morale and power healing which is useful when it comes. He's also an effective tank in smaller groups. To me, all of that is worth sacrificing DPS over. I'm not the only captain who feels that way. I'm sorry that you don't respect that opinion, because I do respect yours.
Heh, you missed the point...... Time to break it down.

Well, there's also Oathbreaker's Shame, which does have its uses, and the marking skills, along with morale and power healing which is useful when it comes.
OS is not required for content. Since RoI, the only time it's actively slotted was in ToO and the 'Moors. So it's not a necessary part of the class.

And if our healing ability is what we're desired for, why did Turbine give us a DPS and Tanking trait line?

He's also an effective tank in smaller groups.
Only if the captain gears with high vit gear, and goes 5 deep in the yellow line. Doing so completely shoot our healing and DPS ability, which contradicts what you said above. We cannot effectively offtank unless we have yellow traits of MoW (SL's threat makes that work). And like we saw in ToO - if MoW cannot produce enough DPS, it's not going to be very welcome, which paved the way for the 4R/3B build which was largely dominant in that raiding scene.

So tanking ability is largely situational, and varies greatly depending on what the captains traits and builds.

To me, all of that is worth sacrificing DPS over.
Analyzing the above, you are basically saying you want to sacrifice Healing for DPS - which flows with how the LtC/HoH traitlines generally function - RC being the only real outlier there.

We can't have it all, unfortunately too many do not know exactly what we can do and instead overestimate what we're really capable of (and probably more think we're completely useless outside of our buffs - thus the comments I have heard of "buff and go sit in the corner").