We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Hytbold armour

Hytbold armour

Almost got my cappy to 85 what Hytbold armour are you guys running with & what virtues .... This is mainly for Raiding not for pvp. Cheers

4 Hytbold Healer

If you have the moors: 2 Perseverance
    If not: Resplendent Cardolan Shoulderpads and ((Greater) Erebor Healer's Leggings or Battle-Leader's Leggings)

Tolerance Fidelity Honour Innocence Zeal
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

it depends on what traits your class has and which ones work best. If you a hunter its best to have 5 huntsman traits and 2 bow-master traits so the Hybold huntsman armor is best for hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by lalborn View Post
    it depends on what traits your class has and which ones work best. If you a hunter its best to have 5 huntsman traits and 2 bow-master traits so the Hybold huntsman armor is best for hunters.
    This is the Captain forum. And it's not necessarily true that armor follows trait line, and it's definitely not true that you should wear all 6 of a set as you implied.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

Nakiami's correct, as is frequently the case. I could advise on my personal combination of hunter armour, but that's for the hunter forum not the captain one. Of the Hytbold captain sets, the best 4-set bonus is on Hyt Healer, and arguably the best 2-set too, though the Charge 2-set is also nice for red builds.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

If you only get one armour set from Hytbold, get Hytbold Healer. It has the best 4-piece set bonus, and it has more than enough Might to be useful for DPSing as well as healing. It's basically just the best all-around set.

Combine 4 pieces of that with 2 pieces of whatever other armour set has a 2-piece bonus that catches your eye.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    If you only get one armour set from Hytbold, get Hytbold Healer. It has the best 4-piece set bonus, and it has more than enough Might to be useful for DPSing as well as healing. It's basically just the best all-around set.

Combine 4 pieces of that with 2 pieces of whatever other armour set has a 2-piece bonus that catches your eye.
    Yep, totally agree. Start with 4 hyboldt healer (select the 4 based on the other 2 pieces you want to get), and you are moving along. For at a fair bit of content, 2 perseverence (moors) or even 2 helegrod (old set) is nice.

Once you are far enough along the rebuild, it is really cheap to get multiple sets to play with. But I tend to not take of my hyboldt healer 4 pieces very often outside the moors.

I have five pieces of Hytbold Leader for tanking 3-mans, personally. But, yeah, it's not hard to grind out a second set once you've finished your first one.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!