We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LM LI Staff appearances

With the last patch we finally got the skin for our level 85 2nd age... And its a Nose Ringed Cow Head Door Knocker.... Seriously... Why is it we can't get any decent designs for our staves?

The 75 2nd age, 75 1st age, 59 1st age, 60 1st age are the best skins I've seen for our staves. Could we please get some alternative skins put in.... Maybe change these crafting recipes to be multi output offering up some alternative skins maybe? I'm sure the other classes would love this as well for some of their lis!

I would love to see some "old" designs from lower levels again. I love the etched yewstaff. For me it's the perfect staff for an elven loremistress. I liked the lvl 58 legndary staffdesign too.

careful how you ask for sumtin... you just might find your cosmetics in the store for 695tp
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002497fe/signature.png]Kariella[/charsig]

Wait til you see the Ettenmoors one. It's a Maxi Pad on a stick!!

I so miss the elegance of Forengwath's Despair, or Noris. Loved those designs
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/23221000000019a39/signature.png]Vanadis[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Eldmey View Post
    LOL!! true..... though come to think of it, I thought that the first staff LI you get at 45 from the epic looked much like a tampon on a stick, hehe

The only design I even remotely liked where some of the guild crafted staff items at lvl 31 and 41, maybe the 75 second ager wasnt too great but it was hecka improvement over the sea shells and butterflies running around Moria, yikes..... oh wait, now I am getting why some think LMs are rediculous *sigh

NEW DESIGNS PLS!??

./signed@OP

When I first saw the lvl 75 SA I thought it was ugly. Then I saw the ettens lvl 85 SA and thought that was the ugliest LM staff EVER and felt good for not being rank 10. Then I saw the crafted lvl 85 staff... Now I need a first age.
    KANOMIR Captain
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000387e63/01008/signature.png]Anitta[/charsig]

Cell/Cage door locks

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    ... And its a Nose Ringed Cow Head Door Knocker....
    Have you seen the cell/cage door locks, they are pretty bad @$$ skull face locks. I think they mixed up the graphics cause the LM staff would be awesome with that skull head instead of the cow door knocker... As long as you don't mind looking like the necromancer it would be a nice alternative.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000017d8b9/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Croni 85 Champ. Cronii 85 Mini. Navien 85 Warden. Cronodir 85 LM. Cronobo 85 Burglar.

I like my cow door knocker staff.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2221900000018eafb/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

We all like different things would it not be possible to get hold of some sort of scroll that enabled you to put any appearance type onto another staff?
    The Last Alliance - Officer
    Dapple - Rank 10 Warg

Cosmetic weapons would be really, really welcome.

As well as an ability to disable the glow around the weapons (not the proximity glow though).

So I finally got my 2A staff and I hate running around with it because I have to look at it. It's tempting to go back to my 1A just so I don't have to look at the thing!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000023e661/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Ignore the user name... I'm a girl! ~~~ Also Lohla - Warden

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    With the last patch we finally got the skin for our level 85 2nd age... And its a Nose Ringed Cow Head Door Knocker.... Seriously... Why is it we can't get any decent designs for our staves?
    Wait, there is a skin?

I only have a Third Age, which looks decent, like it has a large ruby mounted at the top. Lets hope when I finally see a Symbol, my warden can craft a cool one.

I got it, looks silly but at the same time it's just cosmetic.

there are all sorts of debates about cosmetic weapons and it's just a lot of work for the artists/devs to do it.

I for one would feel a little obnoxious asking for them to change it now. I'd just hope that it's best to get the skins to look generically nice... but someone will always moan xD

Quote Originally Posted by Eldmey View Post

I so miss the elegance of Forengwath's Despair, or Noris. Loved those designs
    Wait, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Forengwath's Despair the one with a massive head? It looked really unwieldy. Or maybe that was just the tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno-Max View Post
    Wait, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Forengwath's Despair the one with a massive head? It looked really unwieldy. Or maybe that was just the tooltip.
    Yea the head of the staff is huge... I agree that we need some better staff designs. Out of all the weapon types, staves should be a bit more cosmetically appealing.

They have a good picture of it here-
    Forvengwath's Despair - http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Weapo...'s_Despair

I think the best looking staves are the Elder Staff, and Noris, we need more like them!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b22500000005badd/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Forengwath's Despair
    ^ Yes, that and Noris were some awesome looking staff designs. I also personally agree, the new 2nd age staff looks &&&&&&&& and hardly depicts the 'elegance' a LoreMaster is supposed to portray. I can imagine myself using the Staff as an actual weapon rather than to use magic with. On another note, i'm not currently ranked high enough for the 2nd age Rank 10 staff, but i think it looks okay, particularly due to the short length of the wood, which is a nice change from having a staff the size of a player on your back.
    [COLOR=#ffa500]Saviour of Moria, Lothlorien, Mirkwood, Eriador & OstDunhoth.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#00ffff]Kindred With All Factions.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Completionist - PvP/Raider.[/COLOR]
    A.D.Barnes (Ragun)

Signed!

I was so disappointed when I saw it!

There are already lots of good looking staffs in the game with a more elegant and simple design.
    Look at the films and make it more like that. Do not make it like cartoon/wow design! Please!

Make a cosmetic weaponslot. If that is not possible...

Make it possible to use different skins for LI's
    (ok I will say this, even if I don't want to..but it will happen anyway)
    YES! Put it in the store like everything else.
    (we also give you a option to buy a new skin for your staff in game...
    it's only 1,000 000 shards lol)

Why not leave the design of the staff head up to the crafter? Even if it has to be made specially.

My L85 2A staff looks like a bad fantasy 2h mace, its awful.
    Mithithil Ithryndi

Idea about cosmetics

I do not dilike my staff, however, someone said that using cosmetics weapons could be a tricky. So I remembered that DCuO had a nice way to implement it, you had your "equipped" weapon but you could keep the older ones as cosmetic (my hero has as cosmetics a great looking hammer that is level 2, so imagine the stats...), so in the end everything would be to add some slots in the cosmetic UI. Would it be too difficult to implement?

Quote Originally Posted by Hendos View Post
    We all like different things would it not be possible to get hold of some sort of scroll that enabled you to put any appearance type onto another staff?
    This is a great idea. Or what about something like another box in your LI panel where you drag a cosmetic staff into it, then when you equip that LI, it takes on the appearance of the one you put in the box.

There's been a lot of talk about cosmetic weapons. Probably not the place here to discuss it again. But I think most of us agree that this bull's head is pretty awful. So hopefully 1A will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by GithlithMonaghan View Post
    So hopefully 1A will be better.
    Can't agree on that part....
    I would prefer:
    So hopefully the 2A will be changed, so every LM has the chance to get a nonugly staff.
    I will never have a first age staff, but if 2nd age won't change I won't have a 2nd age staff in this expansion, even if I get 39389927323 symbols fo Celebrimbor in the epic questline.

If we could get the level 59 First Age cosmetics again I would be a very very happy LM
    [I][b][center][color=red]Overlord Gothnon [/color][/center][/b][/I] [I][b][center][color=yellow]Brandywine[/color][/center][/b][/I]

This definately wouldn't happen but, Imagine if your Staff changed towards what Trait line you used? If you went 5 Red, it had a more aggressive, destructive head, if you went 5 blue, you got the Cow door knocker, and 5 yellow would be something rather bland but graceful.

A man can dream.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast