We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by vhamster View Post
    I've been around long enough to say that there is nothing new here. This happens every single expansion
    ....and it's happened the other way around too, though not nearly as often. 3 months of getting Grams camped was loads of fun! As were the MoM Hunters 1 shotting everything.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

I usually make it a point to disagree with spidey however, the point was made by all the replies. This pvp is a joke and it isn't the games fault. It's Yours.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0100001b076f/signature.png]Vishon[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    ....and it's happened the other way around too, though not nearly as often. 3 months of getting Grams camped was loads of fun! As were the MoM Hunters 1 shotting everything.
    My hunter was more or less permanently retired from PvP with MoM. Played it one day and thought.... "OK this is stupidly &&&&&&&&." But a lot of players don't want competitive play. i.e. witness the numbers of RKs and Minis out.

I have no real experience to compare this to other MMOs. But I agree that rank in LOTRO has become completely meaningless. Did it mean much before? Debatable.
    Last edited by Irenmund; Nov 25 2012 at 06:07 AM.
    Parahelion - Burg, Krustii - Champ, Shurmann-Cappy, Tommac-Min, Lazarrus-LM, Thromdir-Hnt, Theodolan-Grd, Kozzmeaux - Bear - Dancing in the Dark kinship.
    Wrecks - Warg - The Black Blade

Quote Originally Posted by RealRabbit View Post
    I usually make it a point to disagree with spidey however, the point was made by all the replies. This pvp is a joke and it isn't the games fault. It's Yours.
    I'm happy that you agree with the OP, but I disagree that's entirely the players fault. A lot of blame has to go squarely at turbine. First they ignored PvP and treated it like a side game, which in all honesty is exactly what it is in LOTRO, fair enough, all the PvPers can either deal with that or not. Second, they start microtransactions via the store, but Creeps have no access, making a huge portion of Freeps P2W. Third, they give Creeps a ridiculous amount of access to the store that makes ANY accomplishments by vets utterly worthless. Fourth, they introduced PvE style grind into PvP with commendations. Oh yeah, promised a new PvP zone and took it away and said sometime in the future....how long ago was that?

Here's what they could have done: 1) Give PvP a little love and the attention it needs. LOTRO has one of the most unique PvP models over all other MMO's, it could have been really great. 2) Don't have the store bleed over into PvP. By that I mean make all store pots, bandages, trackers etc. not work in the moors. A lot of games don't, GW2 for example. 3) See number 2. When F2P started they should have let F2P Freeps have access to the moors. This would even out the amount of freavers. I know it would be an influx of under geared noobs, every Creeps dream, but their shear numbers would offset that. 4) Commendations should have never happened. PvEing for inf/ren should have never happened. As for a new PvP zone? Turbine has a history of releasing xpacs and then closing the game soon after, I.E. Asheron's Call 2. When it's announced in some future xpac that we are finally getting a new PvP zone and they charge a huge price for not much content I.E. RoR, AND even Creeps will have to buy the xpac to access it....BEWARE! It's the last cash grab before they shut down the servers. Mark my words.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Irenmund View Post
    My hunter was more or less permanently retired from PvP with MoM. Played it one day and thought.... "OK this is stupidly &&&&&&&&." But a lot of players don't want competitive play. i.e. witness the numbers of RKs and Minis out.

I have no real experience to compare this to other MMOs. But I agree that rank in LOTRO has become completely meaningless. Did it mean much before? Debatable.
    Yeah, I came out on Glad and 1 shot Ark's warg, then got the perfunctory QQ tells from him, lol. Never came out on my Hunter again until it changed.

Rank meant a little something for Creeps until about rank 9, at least for me, and I mean skills I earned. I think it meant something for people that want progressive PvP, to believe their toon is getting better as they rank. Something that was probably more psychological than reality given that higher ranked gear for Freeps wasn't all that great. It was something to work towards, something the wide spread farming has done away with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    I'm happy that you agree with the OP, but I disagree that's entirely the players fault. A lot of blame has to go squarely at turbine. First they ignored PvP and treated it like a side game, which in all honesty is exactly what it is in LOTRO, fair enough, all the PvPers can either deal with that or not. Second, they start microtransactions via the store, but Creeps have no access, making a huge portion of Freeps P2W. Third, they give Creeps a ridiculous amount of access to the store that makes ANY accomplishments by vets utterly worthless. Fourth, they introduced PvE style grind into PvP with commendations. Oh yeah, promised a new PvP zone and took it away and said sometime in the future....how long ago was that?

Here's what they could have done: 1) Give PvP a little love and the attention it needs. LOTRO has one of the most unique PvP models over all other MMO's, it could have been really great. 2) Don't have the store bleed over into PvP. By that I mean make all store pots, bandages, trackers etc. not work in the moors. A lot of games don't, GW2 for example. 3) See number 2. When F2P started they should have let F2P Freeps have access to the moors. This would even out the amount of freavers. I know it would be an influx of under geared noobs, every Creeps dream, but their shear numbers would offset that. 4) Commendations should have never happened. PvEing for inf/ren should have never happened. As for a new PvP zone? Turbine has a history of releasing xpacs and then closing the game soon after, I.E. Asheron's Call 2. When it's announced in some future xpac that we are finally getting a new PvP zone and they charge a huge price for not much content I.E. RoR, AND even Creeps will have to buy the xpac to access it....BEWARE! It's the last cash grab before they shut down the servers. Mark my words.
    a strong analysis that will be challenging to dispute. However, there is always a concept of adaptation. You and I advocated it for years, Spidey.
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

Quote Originally Posted by vhamster View Post
    a strong analysis that will be challenging to dispute. However, there is always a concept of adaptation. You and I advocated it for years, Spidey.
    We can adapt to class changes/imbalances and numbers imbalances, but institutional changes like the store/comms/audcity, I'm not so sure and I'm definitely not interested in attempting. I hate to beat a dead horse, but GW2 WvW is so much more balanced and genuinely fun.

This thread again?

[SIZE=3][B][CENTER][COLOR="#FFFF00"]Yohindernoobs
    Shinynailz
    Youradhere
    Zrod[/COLOR][/CENTER][/B][/SIZE]

Couple possible causalities (watched matrix the other day) for the current Moors:

1. Level Cap: Every new level cap experiences the "no action" timeframe for a while. It's been this way since the begining of the game.

2. Incentives towards farming: Big scales in comms gain come RoR. People who may have been boarderline "neutral" opposition towards farming will easily swing and farm. Farming is an automatic dillution to competitive pvp play, especially when there is a rewarding benefit to do so. And, with no point. Once the expansion matures, everyone who wants there sets/aud will have them.

3. No new raid content: This directly effects pvp imo. No 3 man, 6 man, or 12 man. There is 0 incentive for raiding kins (like AG) to stick out doing skirms for 4 months. Everything can be acquired with more regularity later once they introduce competitive content. For now.... doing other things in the meantime aside from lotro.

4. Commendations: Hell, this causes half of the "whats right or wrong" issues anyways. There is no reason for this to start. Everyone is on neutral grounds without it.

5. Start caring about the quality of pvp: It really does have a lot to do with how everyone views, and plays the game.

That's all I can think of for now. Go COLTS!!!
    [URL="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/73sg.png/"][IMG]http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/9918/73sg.png[/IMG][/URL]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#faebd7][FONT=Arial Black][Izo - Chief - Traxi - Free!ps] - [[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I]Surmit[/I] -[/B][/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B]Corupluk - Healzr - Monsters Inc.][/B][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ffff00][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]**Forum Reputation - I'm renowned for my incompetence.**[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Oh Oh another problem that nobody mentioned yet!

Coordination is FAR too centered around healers. Think about it, 1 healer can out-heal so many dpsers. Over in League coordination is centered around dps, so fights are really fast! Another game was around the tank and support, the dps support still got kills but we had much longer fights and lots of epic kbs and deaths.

However here in Lotro, "Much longer fights" just means 2-3 healers spam healing and no one from either side dies. There's no real incentive to push for a kb (compared to everything else)

anyways, my 2c
    Last edited by myforumacc2; Dec 06 2012 at 11:15 AM.
    Mirkwoodian - Savior of the Ettenmoors

Squishy sacrificial tank 2012ish

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3