We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ettenmoors
    Posts
    2,324

    Suggestion: Defiler Totems


    Hey Defilers

    Need an extra boost to heals while healing your group? Need extra damage while fighting an opponent? In a fix and need to debuff? The Defiler is able to plant a totem on the ground. One for heals, one for debuff, one for damage. These babies have 25m radius on them. Much like Rune-Stones they can be defeated and CANNOT be healed. Only 1 totem may be active at a time. Much like banners you cannot see the area of effect. Enemies must either look for a totem or see the effect icon under their player portrait.



    Fungus Covered Totem
    Rank: 5
    Cost: 2,000 Commendations

    Plague-Ridden Totem
    Rank: 7
    Cost: 2,000 Commendations

    Slime Covered Totem
    Rank: 9
    Cost: 2,000 Commendations

    No traits are available to improve totems. They come as is.

    On the subject of stacking: Totem buffs/debuffs do not stack, so if you have 2 healing totems out, for example, your groups gets the HoTs from 2 totems, but only gets 1 healing buff. So any HoTs or DoTs from totems will stack for you, just not the buff or debuffs from the totems.



    Heal on, my friends.



    Thoughts?
    Last edited by Graycient; Nov 22 2012 at 11:26 AM.

  2. #2
    I like the idea but the damage/healing wont be even noticeable.
    [b]Derp:[/b] A simple, undefined reply when an ignorant comment or action is made.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,866
    Very nice. Always liked the skill for NPC Defilers, wondered why the class never got one.

    Although I'm not sure how the Damage one would work. Would it damage ALL enemies in the radius, even passive ones?
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

    Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ettenmoors
    Posts
    2,324
    Quote Originally Posted by LameSauce View Post
    I like the idea but the damage/healing wont be even noticeable.
    Those numbers are just examples. They could be changed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nyrion View Post
    ...how the Damage one would work? Would it damage ALL enemies in the radius, even passive ones?
    AoE 25m radius. All enemies would be damaged. Defilers would just have to learn how to use it. For example: Don't run into a keep and put one down unless you someone else pulls the aggro previously or you're going to have a storm pouring on your totem, and then on you.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ered Luin
    Posts
    686
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    AoE 25m radius. All enemies would be damaged. Defilers would just have to learn how to use it. For example: Don't run into a keep and put one down unless you someone else pulls the aggro previously or you're going to have a storm pouring on your totem, and then on you.
    Perhaps increasing the damage and lowering the radius would work out better. You could also add an Advance or Improved version of the skills. One which would increase the healing/damage, add a -5% incoming healing aura (can be adjusted) for the plague totem and a +5% damage aura (can be adjusted) for the healing totem.
    Igluk ~ Warg
    Nadhuil ~ 85 Hunter
    Dollas ~ 85 Rune-Keeper

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by LameSauce View Post
    I like the idea but the damage/healing wont be even noticeable.
    It would be about as noticeable as the runekeeper runestone counterpart.

  7. #7
    I would like the totems much better if they played into current weaknesses of the class. I would like a defensive one that gives an area of slow, say a 10 meter radius of -40% run speed to all enemies and an offensive one that gives +10% outgoing healing and +1000 ICPR.

    A damage dealing totem feels a bit too much like a bad version of blight and a healing over time totem just seems a bit pointless, we already have tons of healing over time.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ettenmoors
    Posts
    2,324
    I have made some adjustments to the totems and added a new one. Please see original post.

    Thankyou guys for the feedback

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738
    Kudos to you for the effort and creativity. + rep. I'd fully support the implementation of this idea as long as balance was maintained. Namely, freep morale pools being increased.
    Last edited by Ravyrn; Nov 21 2012 at 02:34 AM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Shire, Australia.
    Posts
    431
    I would love for Defilers to be able to use totems as seen in other parts in the game; would add a bit more dynamic to the class, knowing when and where to drop one for efficiency. A debuff totem in particular would be a welcome addition.
    [CENTER][URL=http://s236.photobucket.com/user/InfernalCKY/media/puuding1.jpg.html][IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff247/InfernalCKY/puuding1.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    GV Stairs
    Posts
    755
    Not a bad idea, but flies are most unbalancing debuff in game atm so not sure if defilers need more.
    +rep anyway for the work.
    [IMG]http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/254/6rpe.jpg[/IMG][FONT=Verdana]
    Tindalas is Laurelin's negative nancy. ([/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Felathurin aka Brunt)[/FONT]

  12. #12
    Sorry but I am against totems. I would rather see my beloved flies revamped & made into a summoned companion pet.
    Sniz(defiler) / Johanson(cappy)

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
    Sorry but I am against totems. I would rather see my beloved flies revamped & made into a summoned companion pet.
    I think we would all like to see that. Speaking of things I would like to see, I would like blight to be like tar, something you can deploy anyone and not just on an enemy. Especially now with the doors at keeps, putting a blight puddle on the door would be extremely helpful but it requires someone to maneuver an enemy over there for long enough to do the induction.

  14. #14
    They would never give defilers a good aoe slow. They already have good survivability with instant cast hots and the aoe fear. Although burg qq would be fun if this was implemented haha. I like the ideas of the totem but you need to think in terms of balance.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000f8df2/signature.png]Iliketurtles[/charsig]

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ettenmoors
    Posts
    2,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
    Sorry but I am against totems. I would rather see my beloved flies revamped & made into a summoned companion pet.
    I'm not really going to ask why you're against something almost every defiler in the game has... Anyway I think flies made into a pet would be a little too overpowered.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Torqky View Post
    They would never give defilers a good aoe slow. They already have good survivability with instant cast hots and the aoe fear. Although burg qq would be fun if this was implemented haha. I like the ideas of the totem but you need to think in terms of balance.
    If we assume totems to be similar to the totems defilers in moria have, an item that can be put down in combat that can be killed like an RK stone, it is tricky to find something that fits. The defilers in Moria, I believe have 2 different totem effects, one that is an aoe power drain (which on top of flies would just make freeps heads explode with QQ, so that is out) and an aoe slow. If we want the eliminate the slow as well, we can only look in 2 places that would fit the class - heal or debuff. As it stands I would never use a heal totem unless it gave a significant buff to outgoing heal or allowed use of some better heal skills, if all it does is give an aoe heal over time effect it would be useless. That brings up debuffs, this would be good for 1v1 situations against melee classes as they would not be able to avoid the totem, but useless otherwise.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ettenmoors
    Posts
    2,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Traur View Post
    As it stands I would never use a heal totem unless it gave a significant buff to outgoing heal...
    Did you even bother to recheck the OP? :P

    And let's all keep in mind that these work like RK stones (AoE effects). So if you have your healing totem down all the WL's on your group will beable to output 10% better healing.
    Last edited by Graycient; Nov 22 2012 at 12:07 AM.

  18. #18
    Anywais flies arent good placenow in moors. They are not fun same ways as it wouldnt be fun fun to fight against a loremaster if u cannot reduce his cc effects, u will be dazed by binding flashlight and after waked ub by light of rising dawn and then dazed again. Your character is just perma diseabled.. and that is not fun anyways.

    So flies must be converted to pet skill:

    Pet: flie Swarm
    has a miss chance aura (15m range) +20% miss chance
    Pet Skills:
    1 - Power Sap - 1min cooldown; takes 1000power from the target; heals 1500 power on defiler
    2 - SLow - Reduces the targets runspeed by 30%, and reduces the defilers incoming healing by 75% (duration 20s; cd 20s)
    3 - Nuisance - an Damage aura (like wights damage aura) - this make 10 common damage every 2s; Cooldown 20s; Duration 20s (this replaces the miss chance aura) cannot preform any other skill with companiion while this is active; gives immunity to all nearby fellowship members against stuns, dazes, and roots(range 15m)

    Miss chance aura potently reduces the damage from freeps AND stcaks with other miss chances that makes it very dangerous (probably it is good idea to stack with itself 2 or 3 times).
    Last edited by Leri927; Nov 22 2012 at 06:07 AM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    Did you even bother to recheck the OP? :P

    And let's all keep in mind that these work like RK stones (AoE effects). So if you have your healing totem down all the WL's on your group will beable to output 10% better healing.
    I did, and I like that idea. The above was purely a comment to Turtles to highlight which mechanics would and wouldn't be worth while.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ettenmoors
    Posts
    2,324
    Oh okay

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post

    Hey Defilers

    ...

    Thoughts?

    The defiler totem thread is something that comes back periodicly since class release in late SoA. First off, i want to give kudo and +rep to OP for the hard work and thoughts he placed in his post.

    ***Everything that fallow are personnal opinions and dont engage anyone else than me***


    I never really liked the idea of totem(s) for the defiler class. I see several inconvenients to it and allow me to list a few:

    1-Its static ==> Meaning healing/DPS totems might have a relative utility in tigh area fighting/PvE but will have nothing but very trivial effects in open field battles (think Blight for exemple), where the fighting is spreaded in a large area.

    2-Its gonna be abused ==> Given the numbers of available defilers per raids (5-6 are not rare sighting), it would be very easy to cover a wide area with, lets say the -30% run speed. Add spiders poo into the mix and picture a bunch of very static freeps ragelogging after their wipe. Also think of solo fighting, where a defiler could kite any class while DPSing them from a safe distance. Defilers would simply be unbeatable in any 1vs1. I can hear the Freeps crying about it, and IMHO, rightly so.

    3-Aggro magnet ==> A healing/DPS totem would attrack all NPCs toward the defiler, interupting/DPSing him. Anyone who already fought during a keep take knows what im talking about. Granted, as a vet defiler, you know to not use this in npcs heavy area. But what about this newly rolled defiler within the same group as you? And once hes dead, who do you think npcs will rush?


    I always advocated for defilers having their own stances, like most classes do. I like OP ideas, but applied to stances and not to a static token.
    Last edited by whitefox1313; Nov 26 2012 at 01:28 PM.
    Chieftain Biohazaard - Rank 12 Defiler
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion - Brandywine

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by whitefox1313 View Post
    The defiler totem thread is something that comes back periodicly since class release in late SoA. First off, i want to give kudo and +rep to OP for the hard work and thoughts he placed in his post.

    ***Everything that fallow are personnal opinions and dont engage anyone else than me***


    I never really liked the idea of totem(s) for the defiler class. I see several inconvenients to it and allow me to list a few:

    1-Its static ==> Meaning healing/DPS totems might have a relative utility in tigh area fighting/PvE but will have nothing but very trivial effects in open field battles (think Blight for exemple), where the fighting is spreaded in a large area.

    2-Its gonna be abused ==> Given the numbers of available defilers per raids (5-6 are not rare sighting), it would be very easy to cover a wide area with, lets say the -30% run speed. Add spiders poo into the mix and picture a bunch of very static freeps ragelogging after their wipe. Also think of solo fighting, where a defiler could kite any class while DPSing them from a safe distance. Defilers would simply be unbeatable in any 1vs1. I can hear the Freeps crying about it, and IMHO, rightly so.

    3-Aggro magnet ==> A healing/DPS totem would attrack all NPCs toward the defiler, interupting/DPSing him. Anyone who already fought during a keep take knows what im talking about. Granted, as a vet defiler, you know to not use this in npcs heavy area. But what about this newly rolled defiler within the same group as you? And once hes dead, who do you think npcs will rush?


    I always advocated for defilers having their own stances, like most classes do. I like OP ideas, but applied to stances and not to a static token.
    1. Rune-keeper stones, captain banners, blight, WL-banners are all static as well. I am not sure how it plays out on your server, but in many RvR situations on DD we tend to have larger but quite static fights so this would not be a particularly big problem. The idea for me of the totem is that it gives the defiler a buff with limitations, I like the idea of a slow totem for defensive purposes, it would help with kiting melee classes which is something defilers can't do currently.

    2. I agree, this may be a problem, but if a raid has 5 or 6 defilers totems will not be the main thing to give freeps problems - flies will be a bigger impact.

    3. I can't be concerned with this, if people do not know how to play the class well it is their own fault if they die. Just ask any RK what happens when he crits epic for the ages while surrounded by NPCs or what happens if a champ uses raging blades. You just have to know when to avoid using your big threat generating skills. As for stances, it feels so contrived and it is so overused. Guardian, Burglar, Champion, Minstrel, Warden, Hunter all have stances. Surely there is a better and more unique solution than just adding a new mechanic.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ettenmoors
    Posts
    2,324
    I tend to believe there should be at least some skills that have a learning-curve, otherwise the skills become mindless.

  24. #24
    Great idea. I think the slow is a bit high (maybe replace with an attack duration / induction debuff), but it really depends on their morale count.

    All in all, good thread is good.
    [img]http://s22.postimg.org/ok6eiwpb5/sofar.jpg[/img]

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,837
    Defilers definitely need another way to gold tag.
    Rank 14 Minstrel, Rank 10 Rune-keeper, Rank 7 Champion
    Rank 11 Weaver, Rank 11 Blackarrow, Rank 10 Reaver, Rank 10 Stalker, Rank 9 Defiler, Rank 7 Warleader

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload