We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: please help!!!!

Lightbulb please help!!!!

How do I get an animal? I know that thats a bit vague but I see loads of people with animals following them these animals also seem to be their teammates. I would also like to know how to get a steed. A message flashed up but I was being attacked so I had to clear it. So I didnt get a chance to read it.

1. Roll a Lore Master: They have pets

2. Go to the store and buy the riding skill then accumulate money in game and buy a horse in bree land.

3. Level to 20 (is that still the level?) and complete the riding challenge and you will get the riding skill as a reward, you'll still have to buy a horse though.

in short, only lore masters get pets (as in conventional animals. captains also get 'pets' but they are heralds following them. and rune keepers get a rock. doesn't really do pet stuff, more like stands in one spot till you move it, but it's still a pet I guess...)

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    3. Level to 20 (is that still the level?) and complete the riding challenge and you will get the riding skill as a reward, you'll still have to buy a horse though.
    This is only for those with VIP Accounts

FREE and PREMIUM Accounts still have to BUY the Riding Skill from the Store
    There is no Quest for them to do

However, the Riding Skill is available IN THE STORE from level 5 onwards

So the VIP has the choice

1: Pay 95TP to buy the Skill at any level (5+)

or

2: Wait until level 20 and visit the Horse Trader in Bree and do the Quest and get the Riding Skill FREE
    HAF-X | ROG Crosshair V Formula Z | AMD FX 9370 4.4Ghz Black | 32Gb RAM | R9 290 4Gb (x2) | LG BD-RE | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 550/540 SSD | Win10 Pro | WEI - 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by Malindruel View Post
    This is only for those with VIP Accounts

FREE and PREMIUM Accounts still have to BUY the Riding Skill from the Store
    There is no Quest for them to do

However, the Riding Skill is available IN THE STORE from level 5 onwards

So the VIP has the choice

1: Pay 95TP to buy the Skill at any level (5+)

or

2: Wait until level 20 and visit the Horse Trader in Bree and do the Quest and get the Riding Skill FREE
    Its VIP only? I didnt know that I leveled most of my freep toons as VIP. I honestly though F2P and premium people could get the skill from the quest. That skill is a must have, should be free IMHO. Anyway, thanks for the correction, I need all the help I can get.

Wink

Its VIP only? I didnt know that I leveled most of my freep toons as VIP. I honestly though F2P and premium people could get the skill from the quest. That skill is a must have, should be free IMHO. Anyway, thanks for the correction, I need all the help I can get.
    For the pets you need to create a Lore Master character.

As for riding, VIP's can take the level 20 challenge at Hengstacer Farms, when they reach level 20.

F2P must buy the riding skill for 95 Turbine points in the LOTRO store, and have 500 silver to buy a mount from Éogar, at Hengstacer Farms.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000001543f2/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by PARIS.X.L.T View Post
    For the pets you need to create a Lore Master character.

As for riding, VIP's can take the level 20 challenge at Hengstacer Farms, when they reach level 20.

F2P must buy the riding skill for 95 Turbine points in the LOTRO store, and have 500 silver to buy a mount from Éogar, at Hengstacer Farms.
    Thanks Paris, you can correct me anytime.

Based on my friends, a lot of VIPs consider riding and a horse a "NEED" to be resolved as quickly as possible. They buy the riding skill as soon as they get out of the starter experience. Head straight to the horse farm to buy a horse with silver that they mailed to their new bee.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Based on my friends, a lot of VIPs consider riding and a horse a "NEED" to be resolved as quickly as possible. They buy the riding skill as soon as they get out of the starter experience. Head straight to the horse farm to buy a horse with silver that they mailed to their new bee.
    I'd say its the single most important "skill" in middle earth. I bought mine too, the 500TP allowance covered it for multiple toons.

Have a nice holiday Yula, see you on the flip side.

Quote Originally Posted by rodhrimmium View Post
    How do I get an animal? I know that thats a bit vague but I see loads of people with animals following them these animals also seem to be their teammates.
    Examine the people. They are all the Loremaster class. Loremasters (eventually) get a choice of a number of animal pets that help them in their fighting. (They can only have one "out" at a time, though.)

Captains get a similar pet, but their pets are all shaped like humans or dwarves. Typically you 'll see them holding up a big banner.

Quote Originally Posted by rodhrimmium View Post
    I would also like to know how to get a steed.
    There are (now) two kinds of steeds: mounts and warsteeds. To get a mount:
    1. Get the Riding skill. If you are not VIP, the only way is by buying it in the Store. It's 95 TP and you can buy it after you leave the starter instance and have the Novice skill.
    2. Go to Hengstacer Farm (north of Bree) and buy one for 500 silver. DO NOT BUY the 200 silver one.

Each mount becomes a "skill" on the Mounts tab of your Skills window. You can map a key to the "mount/dismount" action, and when you press it, you'll mount up on your last-used mount.

To get a warsteed, you must be at least level 70 (or maybe 73) and do either a quest series around Langhold in Eastern Rohan, or do the Epic quest Volume 3 Book 7, which starts with Galadriel in Lothlorien. You may have had to complete Book 6 first, I'm not sure. You can fight while riding your Warsteed, but only in Rohan. Elsewhere, your warsteed is a faster mount that is much more difficult to control.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>