We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Happy Cloud Problem

After I finished the downloading of lord of the rings online today, I clicked to play the game on the icon at the desktop, but before the game runs, it showed me "This Game requires the latest version of Happy Cloud". Ok, I downloaded it but it showed that I already have Happy Cloud, Yes, I had the latest version. After this, I clicked on the icon at the desktop to play and it keeping showing the same thing: "This Game requires the latest version of happy cloud". I already tried reboot the computer, didn't work. I tried unnistaling happy cloud, but it unnistalled lord of the rings online together!! What should I do to fix this problem to me be able to play the game??

Download this:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/212500/
    Select the Play The Lord of the Rings Online - Play for Free! line.
    Push the Green Play Game button.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Download this:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/212500/
    Select the Play The Lord of the Rings Online - Play for Free! line.
    Push the Green Play Game button.
    Site error!!! This product isn't in your region!! Translated from portuguese, I live in Brazil :/

I don't even know what Happy Cloud is. For me, the game came as a DVD on a paper magazine (shortly before Rise of Isengard was published), and I installed it. There was no Pando Media Boooster, Steam or whatever there is used by various online publishers.

(googles for info) I see. A kind of 'Steam' copycat by Turbine/Warner Brothers. Well, my installation was done a year ago, when this 'Happy Cloud' wasn't yet there. I don't see why anyone should need this.

Is there a way to obtain a client *without* this Happy Cloud (or Pando Media Booster)? I have learnt to be patient and wait until a program is already completely downloaded, before I install and run it. After all, patches require the same kind of patience. This Happy Cloud makes no sense to me, and might even become a source of problems that you wouldn't have without it on your hard disk.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Greetings, Polymachos

As someone already suggested, download the game through Steam. I've switched over to using the Steam installer after game corruption problems on both my wife's laptop and my desktop.

Please, seeking, read all the thead before posts,did you see that I can't download by steam???

Quote Originally Posted by djogloc1 View Post
    Please, seeking, read all the thead before posts,did you see that I can't download by steam???
    There is no solution for your problem. There are only two ways to get the installer for free.

I suspect what is happening is that the Lotro installer is checking for an older version of Happy Cloud. Instead of having a check like 1.5 or higher. Turbine implemented must be Happy Cloud 1.5. Happy Cloud is on 1.6. You are going to have to wait for Turbine to deliver a new installer. This kind of mistake is difficult to catch in testing.

Check back periodically to see if it is fixed.

If you got dollars you could look into buying a boxed copy of Lotro (make sure it is the Turbine version not the Codemasters version). Wait for the box to be delivered to your house. The Mithril Edition is the newest installer on discs. It is kind of old at this point because it does not have the Rider of Rohan content.

Note: Turbine had a number of glitches with their digital installers recently. One installers is bundled with Steam - ample opportunity for either or both to foul it up. The other installer is bundled with Pando Media Booster and Happy Cloud - triple threat for foul ups.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Nov 20 2012 at 03:20 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Ok, thanks. I will try with the stem, I think I have a trick.

Kra eu tbm sou do BR e consegui fazendo o seguinte: Baixei o programa HostpotShield entrei no site enviado da steam ( que nesssa discussão uam mulher postou e funcionou) e baixei