We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Ingame Help Button Not Working

Hello,

I am currently subscribed to LOTRO via Mordor Ultimate Collector's Bundle purchase.

I need help on several of the issues and I tried using Ingame HELP button, but everytime I click on it (it has been more than 4 days), I get a screen pop up and it says the following;

"This site is down for maintenance and will be back shortly."

I can't be bothered with this issue again as I have other pending questions to ask to CS/Admin. Please help so that this is sorted out. I asked others in LOTRO in game and they said their help button works.

I submitted in game Standing Stone CS site ticket for another issue, but as it has been more than SIX DAYS without a single response, I have submitted this same ticket there, and decided to post it here.

Please help.

This is not the kind of welcome that I wanted upon returning this game after 4-5 years/

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Watson View Post

I am currently subscribed to LOTRO via Mordor Ultimate Collector's Bundle purchase.

I need help on several of the issues and I tried using Ingame HELP button, but everytime I click on it (it has been more than 4 days), I get a screen pop up and it says the following;

"This site is down for maintenance and will be back shortly."
    This message and screen is basically a new phenomon. However, the in-game Help has not worked correctly for some time.

I believe it was working differently last week but I did not try it. I have just automatically used the dropdown "Submit a Bug" on the main forums.
    For the past 6+months I believe it has generated a message about opening an external browser, the same as the store.

I can't be bothered with this issue again as I have other pending questions to ask to CS/Admin. Please help so that this is sorted out. I asked others in LOTRO in game and they said their help button works.

I submitted in game Standing Stone CS site ticket for another issue, but as it has been more than SIX DAYS without a single response, I have submitted this same ticket there, and decided to post it here.
    People playing on a PC WILL have different responses than those playing with the Mac Client.

Obviously, the "Help button" must have worked for you at some time if you were able to submit an in-game ticket.

Keep in mind that in-game tickets are in-fact NOT handled the same as those entered via the Website. You need to be logged in and "playing" in order for the in-game support folks to contact you. Similarly, response to other tickets is strickly M-F - weekends don't count.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (106)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (115)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    This message and screen is basically a new phenomon. However, the in-game Help has not worked correctly for some time.

I believe it was working differently last week but I did not try it. I have just automatically used the dropdown "Submit a Bug" on the main forums.
    For the past 6+months I believe it has generated a message about opening an external browser, the same as the store.

People playing on a PC WILL have different responses than those playing with the Mac Client.

Obviously, the "Help button" must have worked for you at some time if you were able to submit an in-game ticket.

Keep in mind that in-game tickets are in-fact NOT handled the same as those entered via the Website. You need to be logged in and "playing" in order for the in-game support folks to contact you. Similarly, response to other tickets is strickly M-F - weekends don't count.
    Hello,

Thank you very much for the help!
    The in game help button has never worked for me and I was never able to submit the bug.
    I had to access LOTRO Help website online, externally (https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us), create an account, and created tickets addressing all my issues.
    If that's the case, does this mean I won't be receiving any help from the Devs? For one of the tickets, it has been more than a week now without a single response, excluding the email that says "your ticket has been submitted."

Please help!

I had to access LOTRO Help website online, externally (https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us), create an account, and created tickets addressing all my issues.
    If that's the case, does this mean I won't be receiving any help from the Devs? For one of the tickets, it has been more than a week now without a single response, excluding the email that says "your ticket has been submitted."
    That is how SSG Support has always worked.
    The primary control is if you are F2P, Premium or a Subscriber (VIP). I do not know for certain, but it has been said on the forums that ONLY tickets submitted by VIP players are processed.

As for the TYPE of "ticket" processed -- in general, only tickets relating to the ability to play the game ever generate any kind of dialog with support.

General or specific questions about how something works or actual bug reports are never "acknowledged" beyond that auto-reply message.
    Occasionally, if a large number of people submit tickets on the same issue, there will be a comment made on the Forums about the issue, but those are pretty rare -- especially if the issue is WAI - Works As Intended - but WAI is different from what the players expect!

Your best bet is to check the WIKI or ask on the forums. In-game Chat tends to provide lots of mis-information, but will usually generate a response immediately :}!

Val - Man Minstrel (106)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

All about the fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    That is how SSG Support has always worked.
    The primary control is if you are F2P, Premium or a Subscriber (VIP). I do not know for certain, but it has been said on the forums that ONLY tickets submitted by VIP players are processed.

As for the TYPE of "ticket" processed -- in general, only tickets relating to the ability to play the game ever generate any kind of dialog with support.

General or specific questions about how something works or actual bug reports are never "acknowledged" beyond that auto-reply message.
    Occasionally, if a large number of people submit tickets on the same issue, there will be a comment made on the Forums about the issue, but those are pretty rare -- especially if the issue is WAI - Works As Intended - but WAI is different from what the players expect!

Your best bet is to check the WIKI or ask on the forums. In-game Chat tends to provide lots of mis-information, but will usually generate a response immediately :}!
    Thank you very much for your time!
    Well, I find great relief that at least, I was able to submit a ticket, albeit it was not through the in-game browser.
    I am currently subscribed through free monthly subscription offered by the Mordor Ultimate Collector's Bundle.
    I wish I can find answers through the community, but once again, I believe my issues are more on the in game technical issues;

1) Once again, my help in game button is not working properly (I did find an old thread regarding reinstalling of APP inside the binder, but I believe that is obsolete)
    2) I accidentally deleted an old character and I need it back
    3) I have purchased dozens of items in 2011-2012 using LOTRO site, including unique steeds, costumes, and etc., but none of them are present on my character/account. I tried typing /reclaim, pressed K to check the mounts, and also checked my collection, but nothing has worked.

It has been 8 days since I have submitted my ticket. As a Tolkien fan, I wanted to give LOTRO another try, but this is extremely frustrating if CS hasn't even glimpsed on my ticket for more than a week.

Looking for help with the Mac client in-game "help" screen always showing the "site down" message.

I have had the same problem. I was an original subscriber and recently came back after several years. The in-game "help" screen has displayed the "down...back shortly" message since I came back (over two months). I finally submitted a ticket out of game (couldn't figure how to do that originally) and waited an entire week to get a response (yes, I am a "VIP" member). They claimed that the HELP site has never been down in that period and that it must be on my end (Mac client). We went back and forth for an entire week, doing everything from dumping browser history/cache, to arcane settings (using Terminal), to changing security settings in the Firewall. Nothing helped as I knew it wouldn't because the entire family was having the same issue, not just one computer. Eventually, tech support (Morty) gave up and told me to go to the forums. As his backup, I got the slew of "we don't support Mac", "you'll have better success in the forum's", etc. After having dropped $350 for the family in the preceding month, and never having had this problem years ago, I flipped. He then proceeded to very quickly rectify my situation--which for unknown BS reasons--could not be done prior. That is, they undeleted a character (that I had never deleted in the first place), within minutes. To Morty's credit, he tried, but SSG failed. I still have no fix to the in-game help screen. I have no way of submitting a ticket in-game and they tell me that some issues MUST be submitted in-game to be rectified. So, in the future, I am out of luck. Submitting tickets out-of-game seems to mean that there will be a very long wait for resolution. If anyone on a Mac knows how to fix this, I would appreciate some assistance.
    Additionally, what is the status of LOTRO? Is it worth hanging on, or is the end near since Mordor is the end of the story? My server is currently much more active then it was when I left years ago but I understand that it is cyclical based on releases (I don't know when the last release came out). Again, what more can be released? This story ends unlike DoD.
    Thanks so much in advance for any assistance.
    Lindthalion - LM (in game) if you can catch me, otherwise I'll check back here at some point.

iTunes Error 56 Apple

I came crossways successful ways that will help you fix the iTunes Error 56 with ease. So, here I am giving out the methods to fix the issue without any technical knowledge. The iTunes Error 56 does not occur only when you try.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindthalion View Post
    I still have no fix to the in-game help screen. I have no way of submitting a ticket in-game and they tell me that some issues MUST be submitted in-game to be rectified. So, in the future, I am out of luck. Submitting tickets out-of-game seems to mean that there will be a very long wait for resolution. If anyone on a Mac knows how to fix this, I would appreciate some assistance.
    Additionally, what is the status of LOTRO? Is it worth hanging on, or is the end near since Mordor is the end of the story? My server is currently much more active then it was when I left years ago but I understand that it is cyclical based on releases (I don't know when the last release came out). Again, what more can be released? This story ends unlike DoD.
    1- The problem with the in-game help screen IS a problem with the Mac Client, and SSG has no personnel able to fix it. Briefly put, the Mac Client was implemented using Awesomonium, a Google project from several years ago, which has not been updated since Turbine used it in the Mac Client.

2- If you are a VIP subscriber, then using the "Submit bug" drop down and/or the SSG Support screen works in a reasonable time frame, usually 2-3 business days. If you are NOT a VIP subscriber, tickets are only processed if they have nothing else to do (i.e. very rarely.)

3- Mordor is only a blip at the end of the story -- in the books. No, the story does not end, only in Peter Jackson's movies does it end with the destruction of the Ring.
    Update 22, which is now up on Bullroarer, Strongholds of the North, details some of the post Sauron problems in the north of Mirkwood.
    There is a great deal more to be covered from Volume III of the trilogy.

Val - Man Minstrel (106)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

All about the fun!"

Thank you very much for your time!
    Well, I find great relief that at least, I was able to submit a ticket, albeit it was not through the in-game browser.
    I am currently subscribed through free monthly subscription offered by the Mordor Ultimate Collector's Bundle.
    I wish I can find answers through the community, but once again, I believe my issues are more on the in game technical issues;

1) Once again, my help in game button is not working properly (I did find an old thread regarding reinstalling of APP inside the binder, but I believe that is obsolete)
    2) I accidentally deleted an old character and I need it back
    3) I have purchased dozens of items in 2011-2012 using LOTRO site, including unique steeds, costumes, and etc., but none of them are present on my character/account. I tried typing /reclaim, pressed K to check the mounts, and also checked my collection, but nothing has worked.

It has been 8 days since I have submitted my ticket. As a Tolkien fan, I wanted to give LOTRO another try, but this is extremely frustrating if CS hasn't even glimpsed on my ticket for more than a week.
    See my response to Lindthalion.

Val - Man Minstrel (106)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)