We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Light12 View Post
    it apears that this thread is now about elitism.

do we need to bring up Incendio? an ***hole who will not group with anyone less than rank 5. who was last i checked backed by my good freind Tingur(still don't know how that happened). do we really need to bring him into this? elitism will not go away, i persoanly employ the / ignore method, just ignore the eilitist and they will go away.
    Maybe talking in the raid about things which was off topic while he was trying to direct the raid was the reason he muted you and he might have thrown you out of the raid cause you started trashing him...he's no elitist, you just pissed him off cause you didnt listen and wasted everyone's time
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."
    http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

do we need to bring up Incendio? an ***hole who will not group with anyone less than rank 5. who was last i checked backed by my good freind Tingur(still don't know how that happened). do we really need to bring him into this? elitism will not go away, i persoanly employ the / ignore method, just ignore the eilitist and they will go away.
    When I formed some raids for creeps I usually made the rule of rank5+ (at the start to test the waters). If we needed more everyone was invited. Creeps come and go all the time, rank 5+ tells me people have a little experience and show some dedication to their toons. They have spent time playing and deserve a raid more than some one who just made toon expecting handouts with out any intention of sticking around. If people are a little serious about playing they have to give it some time. Inviting people that will not listen is just a waste of time and patience. ... imo. If that's elitist then so be it.
    Clown • Reject • Gigabytes

Dalok, you have no stars therefore you know nothing of being elite as I do on both accounts.. Now that's a WIN... Come back and comment when you L2P!!! <snicker>

As for derails, I approve all derails and trolling in my Threads.. The Thread Starter with the most views also WINS!!!

lmao!!
    Last edited by DaxMaxtor; Dec 04 2012 at 03:13 PM.
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    The Thread Starter with the most views also WINS!!!
    Winning!

[center][SIZE=3][COLOR="#00FFFF"]Perchelm ~ Minstrel
    Gladden[/COLOR][/SIZE][/center]

my reaver's rating went up by 300 and I wasnt even present when the kills were made..lol
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."

Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    Dalok, you have no stars therefore you know nothing of being elite as I do on both accounts.. Now that's a WIN... Come back and comment when you L2P!!! <snicker>
    this is do to my fight to the death stratagy, i dont care what happens, i will run headlong into waiting freeps if there is the off chance i can get a kill. i am not elite, im not an elitist.

and no Tingur, i got over the muted mic thing. my beef has more to do with him telling us to attack target, and the calling us Dumb***s and such when us melee attacked target and got pulled into NPC range. or him cussing out some greenies who were messing up his raid attack plan. he is an ***hole no 2 ways about it. he has even said he was better than other players because his rank was higher.

if i want to raid ill lead it myself or join a raid led by someone who is actually good and not full of themselves.

this is do to my fight to the death stratagy, i dont care what happens, i will run headlong into waiting freeps if there is the off chance i can get a kill. i am not elite, im not an elitist.

and no Tingur, i got over the muted mic thing. my beef has more to do with him telling us to attack target, and the calling us Dumb***s and such when us melee attacked target and got pulled into NPC range. or him cussing out some greenies who were messing up his raid attack plan. he is an ***hole no 2 ways about it. he has even said he was better than other players because his rank was higher.

if i want to raid ill lead it myself or join a raid led by someone who is actually good and not full of themselves.
    DoG is way better than atleast 95% of the other players on this server.
    I kick out idiots who dont listen too and yes, r13 > r4

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    DoG is way better than atleast 95% of the other players on this server.
    I kick out idiots who dont listen too and yes, r13 > r4

what is DoG & r13 stats are better then r4 stats - r13 players aren't necessarily better then r4.

if you dont like a raid leader yelling at you then leave the raid. dont come to the forums and cry about it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100000ae792/signature.png]Eunuch[/charsig]
    My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. My power is discombobulatingly devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkshipOfLanterns View Post
    what is DoG & r13 stats are better then r4 stats - r13 players aren't necessarily better then r4.

if you dont like a raid leader yelling at you then leave the raid. dont come to the forums and cry about it.
    DoG = Daddy of Glee (Tarvin). I'd trust a r13 to be much better than a r4, would you trade out Tarvin and Grogog for people lower than r5?

Rank is meaningless. You use examples of people who are out a lot which is dandy but it doesn't mean anything. Time played doesn't equal being good for most people. Yes I would prefer someone who know what they are doing leading a raid, but with nearly limitless examples rank truly means nothing high rank people do stupid things plenty leading raids.
    Commander Novafett
    Taskmaster Aterju
    Lt. Kozzmo

Quote Originally Posted by Ustoc View Post
    Rank is meaningless. You use examples of people who are out a lot which is dandy but it doesn't mean anything. Time played doesn't equal being good for most people. Yes I would prefer someone who know what they are doing leading a raid, but with nearly limitless examples rank truly means nothing high rank people do stupid things plenty leading raids.
    Counting the numbers of high ranks in Gladden, you wont find many that are trash..Creepside that is. Rank itself is meaningless, but the player behind.. well that is another story.

After RoR I bet you could make r5/6 within the day with decent action.
    Last edited by Witch0King; Dec 05 2012 at 06:09 PM.

Counting the numbers of high ranks in Gladden, you wont find many that are trash..Creepside that is. Rank itself is meaningless, but the player behind.. well that is another story.

After RoR I bet you could make r5/6 within the day with decent action.
    I would completely disagree with this assessment. Since I have started coming out again after RoR I find it hard to find players that I am impressed with and I am by no means a great player. I can remember in SoA I was truly impressed with a number of players on how they could play their toon so well. That is not the case anymore and there are very few on both sides who are truly great at playing their toon.

Before you assume that is because it is a popularity contest, some of the better players that have been on this server annoyed me to no end. They could play their toon though.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000005f6a0/signature.png]Lathius[/charsig]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DoG = Daddy of Glee (Tarvin). I'd trust a r13 to be much better than a r4, would you trade out Tarvin and Grogog for people lower than r5?
    no one is talking about Grogog here, he is a great raidleader. and is very tolerant of greenie mistakes. Incendio is an ***hole, and he acts like it too. he has said that because he has been on for a long time he is better than eveyone else. he thinks he is an amazing player and a great raidleader. he is neither. lots of low rankers are very good players. he wont execpt that idea. elitism through and through.

roll a brand new char and try to play in his raids, see what happens.

I haven't been out creepside in a while, or in a RvR even longer, since RoI. From my experience most greenies are bad, and I'm not too great myself. Most don't have their maps, don't know where things are, what to do when they have someone telling them. I'm sure when you've led enough raids and this is a constant you get fed up with them. I wouldn't really care if the person was cursing, muting people, because there have been raids I was in with DoG where he had to mute people, because they would be disruptive, speaking about things irrelevant to the game or situation at hand. And those same people are the ones who track the targets and make them aware we're there, or run head long, don't focus fire on the same target etc..

As for a moors win, having fun, making people mad. I miss jumping on that rk marshmallow or whatever and erelb.

no one is talking about Grogog here, he is a great raidleader. and is very tolerant of greenie mistakes. Incendio is an ***hole, and he acts like it too. he has said that because he has been on for a long time he is better than eveyone else. he thinks he is an amazing player and a great raidleader. he is neither. lots of low rankers are very good players. he wont execpt that idea. elitism through and through.

he is an awesome player and he IS a great raidleader. I have plenty of low chars and I never got any problem joining raids nor do I have any needs to join them, I do it because its fun and raiding with DoG is just epic, especially when we have to make last stands.

Incendio says he is good because he is. And experience does count for a lot in the moors. It isnt everything, but if you have never pvp'd in Lotro before but are a great raid leader in PvE it doesnt mean you will do well in the moors.

Dalok, im curious as to how all these traumatizing events happened to you when you played so little and never bothered to learn the game. Do you know what the job of a raid leader is? Do you know how tough and challenging it is to lead a group of people with varying skill levels against others? Incendio does this day after day and is extremely successful at it. A raid leader needs to shout at the people in their raid. They need to call out mistakes and keep the members in line. A raid is a group of people working together, and the raid leader calls every shot. Do you think they are on a bad target? To bad, you kill what they choose. If you disagree you may talk to them privately about it or drop raid. And if you cannot take criticism and are unwilling to learn then you will never get better. You don't want to learn Dalok, and you don't want to play this game.

So yea, Incendio probably did piss you off, because he actually cares about leading creeps and teaching them how to play.

Btw, my WL started out in many of his raids. I listened, i fixed my mistakes and I learned. I didnt QQ on forums about how unfair life is. And guess what? Im doin pretty alright now.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100001cd146/signature.png]Chaoticevil[/charsig]

From the times I've played creep(s), I remember Incendio's raids as the best ones. Learned a lot from him too. And we always pushed further, even after couple of wipes. His tactics were amazing, and most of raids ended as a win (freep raid disbanding).
    Trait trees have ruined the game

the fact that infamy gain is increased by 100% and that you can get infamy on the other side of the map make it easy to get to r5 by the end of the day, problem solved...join all the raids that you want, but expect to be thrown out if you dont behave.

join all the raids that you want, but expect to be thrown out if you dont behave.
    We need this freep side. People got mad at me for kicking freeps out of raid that would just sit there dead with a rez right behind us or hanging out in GV. I'm not out there to power rank people. You want in the raid you pull your weight or you're gone. If I can't get you kicked you just won't get heals.

Quote Originally Posted by cshamblin View Post
    We need this freep side. People got mad at me for kicking freeps out of raid that would just sit there dead with a rez right behind us or hanging out in GV. I'm not out there to power rank people. You want in the raid you pull your weight or you're gone. If I can't get you kicked you just won't get heals.
    I find it funny people get mad at you for this. Creepside, people seem fairly understanding when I get raid assist and tell them if they are consistently not with the group, always too far in the back and out of heal range, or just never following directions, they are gonna get the axe. If you're consistently wanting to do you own thing, that's perfectly fine, just don't expect to do so and still get the help/rewards of being in a raid.

Guess someone just needs to start playing Perchly more.
    Antilles, Hunter Pre-Book 12
    Tolkmit, nee Cuomo, Gladden's First 5 Star War Leader
    Celchu, Antagonist, Maybourne
    Original Gladden

Quote Originally Posted by ncc1295 View Post
    I find it funny people get mad at you for this. Creepside, people seem fairly understanding when I get raid assist and tell them if they are consistently not with the group, always too far in the back and out of heal range, or just never following directions, they are gonna get the axe. If you're consistently wanting to do you own thing, that's perfectly fine, just don't expect to do so and still get the help/rewards of being in a raid.

Guess someone just needs to start playing Perchly more.
    There should be exceptions to this rule. Gunnor should not have gotten in trouble for doing a 1 v 1 with me in an outpost. That was just fun.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000005f6a0/signature.png]Lathius[/charsig]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Lathius View Post
    There should be exceptions to this rule. Gunnor should not have gotten in trouble for doing a 1 v 1 with me in an outpost. That was just fun.
    Psh, not like Gunnor got the boot or anything, just a "Get with the group!" from Grog. It's just people consistently doing their own thing who get booted, while people who have proved to be an asset to the raid just get a little heckling.
    Antilles, Hunter Pre-Book 12
    Tolkmit, nee Cuomo, Gladden's First 5 Star War Leader
    Celchu, Antagonist, Maybourne
    Original Gladden

Quote Originally Posted by ncc1295 View Post
    Psh, not like Gunnor got the boot or anything, just a "Get with the group!" from Grog. It's just people consistently doing their own thing who get booted, while people who have proved to be an asset to the raid just get a little heckling.
    I vote Gunnor gets kicked. That guy will not stop chasing my min. Same goes for Iraqandroll and Conjmeplease. There are other mins out there. Feel free to attack another one first.

Quote Originally Posted by cshamblin View Post
    I vote Gunnor gets kicked. That guy will not stop chasing my min. Same goes for Iraqandroll and Conjmeplease. There are other mins out there. Feel free to attack another one first.
    Now now!! I only pick on you when I'm solo or in a small group.. In Grog's groups I have to toll the line and follow target assist for the same reason you want me booted. Wasn't that long ago Old Gunnor was chasing Grog's Defiler all over the place, so I have to soldier up and hope he don't think about those times too much.. That and I'm sure he misses all the infamy he use to get off Gunnor, as would YOU!! harhar
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

My tolerance for such things is heavily dependent upon my level of sobriety.

Drunk Vic = Intolerant and blunt
    Sober Vic = Tolerant and reserved

I usually try to only lead raids when I'm drunk, obviously.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast