We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 119
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    1,243
    First off Gunnor, I'm getting the feeling you think I'm a woman. My toon is hot but I'm going to end this before I get an awkward PM. I'm a dude... My original toon is Fendron... hunter... elf... male..

    I played Fendron back in the day and was present on a BA long before Fen ever hit the moors. I grouped often with Kalib in the early morning and was slaughtered often by the blender.

    When you claim that 3/4 of a raid could wipe 2 freep raids, I was part of those 2 freep raids. Very very few of those freeps ever played past rank 3. The creep raid was almost always Soldiers of the White Hand, and incredibly well-organized and powerful tribe. The focus back then for freeps was much more on having fun, thus we didn't care when we died. I used to come out to the moors wearing my hobbit farmer outfit and attack creeps with my shovel and pitchfork for fun. I would stand in the middle of STAB and play my bagpipes.

    Freeps were not weak by any means back then. I could kill 3 creeps on my hunter at once and would then lag out if more than 5 showed up. I highly recommend you pay for one month VIP and see what it's like freepside. I'm sure you'll hate your guard as every other guard does.

    Oh,
    PS: Turbine changed the amount of renown gained multiple times. After Moria it was much easier for dps classes to rank quickly because they could earn such drastic amounts leeching off raids. Unfortunately for you, you played a guard, possibly the slowest ranking freep other than captains. With RoR Gladden will see a rank 15 before the next expansion.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Fendrone View Post
    First off Gunnor, I'm getting the feeling you think I'm a woman. My toon is hot but I'm going to end this before I get an awkward PM. I'm a dude... My original toon is Fendron... hunter... elf... male..

    I played Fendron back in the day and was present on a BA long before Fen ever hit the moors. I grouped often with Kalib in the early morning and was slaughtered often by the blender.

    When you claim that 3/4 of a raid could wipe 2 freep raids, I was part of those 2 freep raids. Very very few of those freeps ever played past rank 3. The creep raid was almost always Soldiers of the White Hand, and incredibly well-organized and powerful tribe. The focus back then for freeps was much more on having fun, thus we didn't care when we died. I used to come out to the moors wearing my hobbit farmer outfit and attack creeps with my shovel and pitchfork for fun. I would stand in the middle of STAB and play my bagpipes.

    Freeps were not weak by any means back then. I could kill 3 creeps on my hunter at once and would then lag out if more than 5 showed up. I highly recommend you pay for one month VIP and see what it's like freepside. I'm sure you'll hate your guard as every other guard does.

    Oh,
    PS: Turbine changed the amount of renown gained multiple times. After Moria it was much easier for dps classes to rank quickly because they could earn such drastic amounts leeching off raids. Unfortunately for you, you played a guard, possibly the slowest ranking freep other than captains. With RoR Gladden will see a rank 15 before the next expansion.
    Well this is just a game and with that in mind, do watch for those awkward PMs because she is a hottie!!

    I'm glad to see someone else recalls how it was back then and how much fun it was to come to the Moores, even as a noob Freep. Again, the talent level of the gamer is irrelevant. Should I stop coming out to the Moores because I don't play my character as well as Vic does his? If a Leader isn't a great 1v1r, should they stop leading Raids? The best and most fun Leaders in our History certainly weren't the best at playing their characters were they?

    As far as playing my Guard, it's just not going to happen. I am still a bit disgruntled about turbine turning a Tank into a DPS'r and the OP stance and trust me, I really tried it out. I'm still upset about having to vendor trash my very first Legendary Weapon.
    I actually did get on Gunnor and played for about 45 minutes until I recognized the same old run here, fetch that, kill this many scenarios and then I logged off Gunnor and logged onto Ronnug and havn't looked back.
    I really should have started me a Reaver many years ago because it's simply fits my play-style so much better.

    Now correct me if I'm wrong but I think I recall Fendron? Weren't you in a Raid that I formed against Didnthurt's Spider Raid once when Tarvin had disbanded the raid and asked everyone to leave the Moores? If so, do you remember what we did? Now that was fun and challenging.

    Do realize that most my post are being a bit facetious and I am attempting to insight some of that same mentality that you and I had back during those times. Times like when Valistar told us to log but Ooty refused and picked up the button and led us back into battle. Times where we regrouped time and again after multiple wipes until all of a sudden we had one of those raids that just clicked and we actually held our own ground?

    I guess you have to have what I call a Baseball mentality. Where the most successful hitters in the league only get on base 30% of the time and most only achieve it around 22% of the time. You know, if I could magically level Gunnor to end game, I would have him out on freep, doing what we did back in those days, even if I died 70% of the time. How many Freeps other than you, Perch and his group are willing to do that?
    Last edited by DaxMaxtor; Nov 29 2012 at 10:27 PM.
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    1,243
    I do indeed recall that night, it's the last time I remember playing with your guard.

    I'd love to have the moors back the way they were but I can't help but feel like the game has evolved to a point where it's all about being the best. I find commendations make it even more serious since now there is a clearer goal with rewards that instantly make you better in the moors. Back in SoA most of the end game armour was very similar and freeps really could come out in anything and not worry about being at a disadvantage.

    I've always enjoyed the fun leader over the pure robotic "Burn down Jimmy, now switch to Bob's target, burn down Nancy." Ootyfast brought a lot of fun to the moors and focus fire wasn't as important back then. Focus fire to kill anybody in a raid with healers is an absolute must now. I remember when two raids used to meet there were often several intense mini fights within, whereas now you kinda just feel like cogs in the machine.

    Changing the moors would require such a drastic mentality change and many of the players now don't know what it's like to have real fun in the moors.

    A win for me used to be going out and having a fun night with everybody, fighting it out with your mortal enemy who always targets you and you always target him, giving it all you've got in an obvious loss, and making some renown.

    I never used to care about my wartab, then I started to and it ruined my fun. I think now the main reason I hate dieing is because I usually end up so far away from the fight and so often get ganked on the way back that it takes away from the fun.

    It really doesn't matter who is more powerful because whenever either side holds the advantage they'll simply farm the other side until it becomes obvious that there is no end to the farming and so they leave. If freeps got wiped at TR and owned it often times the creeps wouldn't simply wait inside and kill anyone coming in but would instead head over to the TR rocks and prepare for an open field battle. This only made logical sense because if the creeps could wipe the freeps in their own keep then a battle with a freep res behind would offer a more sustained and even fight.

    The change is so clear that it can be seen in a single character. Vinner represents what happened to the moors. He used to be carefree and eventually became so competitive that I'm pretty sure it tired even him out.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendrone View Post
    I do indeed recall that night, it's the last time I remember playing with your guard.

    I'd love to have the moors back the way they were but I can't help but feel like the game has evolved to a point where it's all about being the best. I find commendations make it even more serious since now there is a clearer goal with rewards that instantly make you better in the moors. Back in SoA most of the end game armour was very similar and freeps really could come out in anything and not worry about being at a disadvantage.

    I've always enjoyed the fun leader over the pure robotic "Burn down Jimmy, now switch to Bob's target, burn down Nancy." Ootyfast brought a lot of fun to the moors and focus fire wasn't as important back then. Focus fire to kill anybody in a raid with healers is an absolute must now. I remember when two raids used to meet there were often several intense mini fights within, whereas now you kinda just feel like cogs in the machine.

    Changing the moors would require such a drastic mentality change and many of the players now don't know what it's like to have real fun in the moors.

    A win for me used to be going out and having a fun night with everybody, fighting it out with your mortal enemy who always targets you and you always target him, giving it all you've got in an obvious loss, and making some renown.

    I never used to care about my wartab, then I started to and it ruined my fun. I think now the main reason I hate dieing is because I usually end up so far away from the fight and so often get ganked on the way back that it takes away from the fun.

    It really doesn't matter who is more powerful because whenever either side holds the advantage they'll simply farm the other side until it becomes obvious that there is no end to the farming and so they leave. If freeps got wiped at TR and owned it often times the creeps wouldn't simply wait inside and kill anyone coming in but would instead head over to the TR rocks and prepare for an open field battle. This only made logical sense because if the creeps could wipe the freeps in their own keep then a battle with a freep res behind would offer a more sustained and even fight.

    The change is so clear that it can be seen in a single character. Vinner represents what happened to the moors. He used to be carefree and eventually became so competitive that I'm pretty sure it tired even him out.
    Amen!! Change is inevitable but look around? I see a lot of new faces out there and let's say they hook up with Perch and comrades? I know that those guys are having fun. If we can get the new folks to shrug off that elitist cr ap like we do then maybe change can take a fun turn.. It's those guys that are keeping me coming back.. I hate Perch by way and I can't wait to catch your little hottie out so I can stick that bow where the sun don't shine..
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    1,243
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    I can't wait to catch your little hottie out so I can stick that bow where the sun don't shine..
    My hottie has a first age Greatsword.

    For your enjoyment. When she was a young level 18.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    Also tell Perch and the small group he's been running with that they can't be doing what they have either? Against even numbers, they've been kicking some booty.. The problem is, Creeps are so hungry for a fight that those numbers don't stay equal too long.
    Yeah the small group stuff is fun. Normally our group is 2-6 of us. We've played lotro together for years in EA so we know what each other can do with their class and have a lot of trust in their skill. Even with that I go out there expecting to die. I know any one of us would take a death to save the others though. If I can live long enough healing my friends to see just one creep die before they get me then it was worth it.

    "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back."
    [center][SIZE=3][COLOR="#00FFFF"]Perchelm ~ Minstrel
    Gladden[/COLOR][/SIZE][/center]

  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendrone View Post

    When you claim that 3/4 of a raid could wipe 2 freep raids, I was part of those 2 freep raids. Very very few of those freeps ever played past rank 3. The creep raid was almost always Soldiers of the White Hand, and incredibly well-organized and powerful tribe. The focus back then for freeps was much more on having fun, thus we didn't care when we died. I used to come out to the moors wearing my hobbit farmer outfit and attack creeps with my shovel and pitchfork for fun. I would stand in the middle of STAB and play my bagpipes.

    We fought Ost numerous times, but the night that really sticks out for me was hotspot fight at good grim. If I recall it was 1 creep raid vs 2 freep. The fight lasted forever with the hotspot constantly flipping back and forth. The raids were mostly made up of SotW. Good times.

    I really miss the old raid v raid fights. They just aren't the same anymore.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203010000073281/signature.png]Reddweaver[/charsig]
    Reddmedic - R10 Defiler
    The Old Timers Guild LOTRO | Server - Gladden

  8. #33
    I considered a win beating 1, 2, and on occasion 3 freeps while runnin around solo on my spidy during ROI. I like creepside and over the past 2 or so years playing spider on E and now on gladden, but for me its not as fun. I find it ironic that during ROI when id "rage hehe" i couldn't wait till roles were reversed and creeps had the powa but shortly after things changed i now wish it hadn't. I'll be playin my fatty guard out now, but with lack of end game pve side and not liking creep atm i may return to the darkside and play that for a bit. I've been pvping for over 5 years here and always enjoyed it, as well as the people (friend and foe). I'd say for all the pvp'ers on Gladden WE ALL CHAMPIONS!!! i mean winners

    http://www.myspace.com/video/westy/e...-smith/8057061

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,370
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    It is silly isn't it? Almost as silly as someone who flipflops and still hasn't a clue.. That's kinda like being told I needed to play the opposition in order to learn how to fight them. I always preferred learning how to fight them by fighting them.. Silly Gunnor!!!

    If you don't play freep side, how can you speak for them?

    Your response makes no sense.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,370
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    I see a lot of new faces out there and let's say they hook up with Perch and comrades? I know that those guys are having fun. If we can get the new folks to shrug off that elitist cr ap like we do then maybe change can take a fun turn..
    I thought kin groups were elitists? Now they're just having fun? How long did it take you to realize this? I'm so happy for you Gunnor.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kozzmo's Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by the_blah View Post
    I thought kin groups were elitists? Now they're just having fun? How long did it take you to realize this? I'm so happy for you Gunnor.
    "Perchelm and comrades" also group up with random pugs most nights they are out. That's why they aren't elitists. Aside from that:
    Perchelm is in Ancient of Days
    Lathius is in Call to Arms
    Cronor is in House of Elders

    How is that a kin group? Or are you basing that on the fact they PvE raided together regularly a couple years ago? As I recall, Viceras and you both spent some time in CtA when it raided with that group, though I don't remember if Viceras ever made it into the main raid. Do you consider you and him in the same kin as those guys still too? :P
    Antilles, Hunter Pre-Book 12
    Tolkmit, nee Cuomo, Gladden's First 5 Star War Leader
    Celchu, Antagonist, Maybourne
    Original Gladden

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,370
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1295 View Post
    "Perchelm and comrades" also group up with random pugs most nights they are out. That's why they aren't elitists. Aside from that:
    Perchelm is in Ancient of Days
    Lathius is in Call to Arms
    Cronor is in House of Elders

    How is that a kin group? Or are you basing that on the fact they PvE raided together regularly a couple years ago? As I recall, Viceras and you both spent some time in CtA when it raided with that group, though I don't remember if Viceras ever made it into the main raid. Do you consider you and him in the same kin as those guys still too? :P
    EA Alliance was a kinship. Complete with website and vent. How was it not? Is a kinship defined by title or by who we play with the most? To me it's the latter. You guys know each other and have played together for a long time.

    My message to Gunnor was that kin groups are rarely "elitist". Sometimes people just want to play. Not to teach. I think you misunderstood my sarcasm.

    PS> Most of Serious Business (Vic, Del, Tarv, Aris, and myself) have formed many many many pug creep (sometimes freep) raids in the ettenmoors for the last year. After people left for SWTOR PvP struggled. Elitism has no place here.
    Last edited by the_blah; Nov 30 2012 at 06:12 PM.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kozzmo's Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by the_blah View Post
    Now they're just having fun?
    Present Tense.

    Quote Originally Posted by the_blah View Post
    EA Alliance was a kinship.
    Past Tense.

    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1295 View Post
    Or are you basing that on the fact they PvE raided together regularly a couple years ago?
    Question I already posed based on that difference.

    I'm just giving you a hard time over a minor, silly discrepancy that holds no bearing on your intended point, which I did get. Not like my argumentativeness over it is intended to make a point.

    Quote Originally Posted by the_blah View Post
    My message to Gunnor was that kin groups are rarely "elitist". Sometimes people just want to play. Not to teach. I think you misunderstood my sarcasm.

    PS> Most of Serious Business (Vic, Del, Tarv, Aris, and myself) have formed many many many pug creep (sometimes freep) raids in the ettenmoors for the last year. After people left for SWTOR PvP struggled. Elitism has no place here.

    Pugs have always been common on creepside, because creeps, as a general rule for the last 5.5 years, are weaker than freeps (not trying to argue current conditions one way or another) so they more often need a large group. It's pretty much always been that way. Things are different freepside. And when on freep, some people are much more willing to group with pugs than other people. The people who are less willing may be so because they get more enjoyment from the game avoiding pugs, as you've pointed out. What they did on creepside doesn't change that they are different from others on freepside, and I think "elitist" is a perfectly viable, if imprecise, term for that difference. Do you have a better word you'd suggest?
    Antilles, Hunter Pre-Book 12
    Tolkmit, nee Cuomo, Gladden's First 5 Star War Leader
    Celchu, Antagonist, Maybourne
    Original Gladden

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by the_blah View Post
    People in "EA Alliance" was a kinship. Complete with website and ventrilo. How was it not? Is a kinship defined by title or by who we play with the most? To me it's the latter. You guys know each other and have played together for a long time.

    My message to Gunnor was that kin groups are rarely "elitist". Sometimes people just want to play. Not to teach. I think you misunderstood my sarcasm.

    PS> Most of Serious Business (Vic, Del, Tarv, Aris, and myself) have formed a lot of pug creep and freep raids in the ettenmoors for the last year after people left for SWTOR. PvP struggled. Elitism has no place here.
    Kinships are elitist and I said that they were??? I don't know where you came up with that idea but that's hardly the case.

    Now I don't find anything wrong with someone being a member of an elite organization or someone being elite at something they do (thank god for our Elite Special Forces) but I don't think that's what struck a nerve with you.
    First off, based on our interactions in this game, I hardly consider you as having an elitist attitude (which I think you may be eluding to). However, I think you have probably witness that attitude and have gone along with it with some of your associations, and perhaps that's were the nerve gets struck. You sure do get defensive.

    Now don't stop attacking me? I'm thick skinned and this is the PVP forums, but do try to come up with some arguments that actually hold water? Don't expect me to come play my Guard to see what it's capabilities are now. I can see what a hammer does from a nails perspective and so can anyone of us that's fighting the other.
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    984
    I am just at a loss on the point of the "elitist" discussion. If people do not want to group with other people then it is their call and their time. The only time I feel it has any place is when those groups are out and whining about the massive numbers on the other side and will not join others to even up the battles.

    People really do assume way too much on the "elitist" attitudes in this game. When "EA" was very active we got accussed of it on a number of occassions by numerous other people including some that are now accussed of being elitist. Keep in mind the reasons for not opening up a group to everyone are as varied as the reasons why you may not play in the moors on a given night. I can recall not wanting to based on facts such as we had enough numbers, did not like someone, did not want to teach, had a headache, did not want to get banned because we were all drunk, did not have sound, etc. Open groups just require a level of tolerance at times that is not there for some of us on given nights. (That is not aimed at one side of this argument or the other as I see valid points to both, but that term just drives me insane)

    Now, outside of that if the freeps really do want to fight against the freep hoarde then they need to band together despite their differences. There will always be people in this game who do not like me and/or I do not like them. That is not going to change, but I know I can work with someone regardelss of that if it gives me a better chance to "win" on the side I am on.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathius View Post
    I am just at a loss on the point of the "elitist" discussion. If people do not want to group with other people then it is their call and their time. The only time I feel it has any place is when those groups are out and whining about the massive numbers on the other side and will not join others to even up the battles.

    People really do assume way too much on the "elitist" attitudes in this game. When "EA" was very active we got accussed of it on a number of occassions by numerous other people including some that are now accussed of being elitist. Keep in mind the reasons for not opening up a group to everyone are as varied as the reasons why you may not play in the moors on a given night. I can recall not wanting to based on facts such as we had enough numbers, did not like someone, did not want to teach, had a headache, did not want to get banned because we were all drunk, did not have sound, etc. Open groups just require a level of tolerance at times that is not there for some of us on given nights. (That is not aimed at one side of this argument or the other as I see valid points to both, but that term just drives me insane)

    Now, outside of that if the freeps really do want to fight against the freep hoarde then they need to band together despite their differences. There will always be people in this game who do not like me and/or I do not like them. That is not going to change, but I know I can work with someone regardelss of that if it gives me a better chance to "win" on the side I am on.
    Excellent points and I agree with everything you are saying. The Elitist attitude comes into play when someone brings their opinion out into an open forum such as OOC or these forums in a way that belittles someone else's play-style.
    I've had players I consider to be elite attempt to coach and teach me and in no way do I consider these individuals to be elitist.
    Choosing not to play or interact with someone that hinders your enjoyment or goals in this game isn't elitist but calling them out or insulting them in a public forum in front of everyone is..
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,370
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1295 View Post
    Present Tense. Past Tense.

    Question I already posed based on that difference.

    I'm just giving you a hard time over a minor, silly discrepancy that holds no bearing on your intended point, which I did get. Not like my argumentativeness over it is intended to make a point.

    Pugs have always been common on creepside, because creeps, as a general rule for the last 5.5 years, are weaker than freeps (not trying to argue current conditions one way or another) so they more often need a large group. It's pretty much always been that way. Things are different freepside. And when on freep, some people are much more willing to group with pugs than other people. The people who are less willing may be so because they get more enjoyment from the game avoiding pugs, as you've pointed out. What they did on creepside doesn't change that they are different from others on freepside, and I think "elitist" is a perfectly viable, if imprecise, term for that difference. Do you have a better word you'd suggest?
    I guess I've always thought of elitism as an attitude. Again, sometimes people just don't want to group with pugs because they just want to play.

    It's like PvE. I joined a group of Germans (only one guy understood english) running an instance that (to most of the server) was easy. But this fellowship didn't know the instance at all. So as usual, we died many times, I explained many things, and eventually we got to the end 2 hours later, then spent half an hour trying the final boss and failing before I left. I knew what I was getting into when I joined and I was up for practicing patience. But if they asked for help again I knew I was going to decline. Is that elitist? Same can go for the ettenmoors.

    If a kin/friends just keep their group limited it doesn't mean they are being elitist. But in the past some people concluded it was an act of elitism. Gunnor being one of them. It got so bad, when I joined a pug raid one night, I was treated pretty poorly by some of the raid. I just kept quiet and captained away while listening to the negative stuff people had to say about me and the kin I was in. I never responded. It was stuff like "Oh you're one of them, we don't need your help. We got this." Ironically they were acting like elitists. (I was on a toon nobody recognized so I guess it was easier to b**** to a stranger they knew nothing about). It was entertaining.

    PS> I enjoy arguing about anything/nothing/everything just for the sake of arguing. Anything to take my mind off work.
    Last edited by the_blah; Dec 01 2012 at 04:49 PM.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by the_blah View Post
    If a kin/friends just keep their group limited it doesn't mean they are being elitist. But in the past some people concluded it was an act of elitism. Gunnor being one of them.
    I'll be specific about what I consider an elitist attitude is with just one example of many that I've witnessed:

    One late nite, Gunnor and a small group fight their way into DG only to discover that a group you were in were there farming accommodations. I sent a tell to what I assumed was your leader, requesting that we be allowed to capture the relic since y'all were just farming, only to get the reply that "we were here first". We helped bring down the Tyrant after your group had alread tagged it and as soon as the gate opens, a Dwarf Guard that was also in your group, grabs the relic and proceeds to NOT deliver it to OR until time expired.
    We left and were doing other things when I received a Tell from a Hunter that was also in your group apologizing. He also reported that at least a couple in your group got a really good laugh out of what they considered as griefing us.

    Now that is what I consider to be an elitist attitude and you needn't pretend to know what Gunnor thinks.
    Last edited by DaxMaxtor; Dec 01 2012 at 08:29 PM.
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,370
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    I'll be specific about what I consider an elitist attitude is with just one example of many that I've witnessed:

    One late nite, Gunnor and a small group fight their way into DG only to discover that a group you were in were there farming accommodations. I sent a tell to what I assumed was your leader, requesting that we be allowed to capture the relic since y'all were just farming, only to get the reply that "we were here first". We helped bring down the Tyrant after your group had alread tagged it and as soon as the gate opens, a Dwarf Guard that was also in your group, grabs the relic and proceeds to NOT deliver it to OR until time expired.
    We left and were doing other things when I received a Tell from a Hunter that was also in your group apologizing. He also reported that at least a couple in your group got a really good laugh out of what they considered as griefing us.

    Now that is what I consider to be an elitist attitude and you needn't pretend to know what Gunnor thinks.
    What's the difference between that and a raid zerging 1v1's? Or a raid refusing to leave there own keep, when they don't need to hide in a keep? Or a raid leader yelling (in OOC) not to take a keep, so rez camping can continue?

    In a game with out rules kids tend to fight over the ball. Why is one thing elitist and the other things people do perfectly okay?

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by the_blah View Post
    What's the difference between that and a raid zerging 1v1's? Or a raid refusing to leave there own keep, when they don't need to hide in a keep? Or a raid leader yelling (in OOC) not to take a keep, so rez camping can continue?

    In a game with out rules kids tend to fight over the ball. Why is one thing elitist and the other things people do perfectly okay?
    You elude to me calling all Kinships Elitist which is false:

    Quote Originally Posted by the_blah View Post
    If a kin/friends just keep their group limited it doesn't mean they are being elitist. But in the past some people concluded it was an act of elitism. Gunnor being one of them.
    and now you seem to be trying to justify an act of an elitist attitude with examples of what you consider as acts of it by others?

    While your examples might be considered poor sportsmanship, I don't necessarily consider them all as being an elitist attitude and I still don't see the relationship of those acts with Gunnor. Are you accusing me of the above?

    You know I love ya Clown, but perhaps you should leave the spinning to Vic?
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,697
    So many arrogant players in this game :P,
    "I joined before you that makes me automatically better & more wise"
    seen it so many times >.<

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,370
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    You elude to me calling all Kinships Elitist which is false:

    and now you seem to be trying to justify an act of an elitist attitude with examples of what you consider as acts of it by others?

    While you're examples might be considered poor sportsmanship, I don't necessarily consider them all as being an elitist attitude and I still don't see the relationship of those acts with Gunnor. Are you accusing me of the above?

    You know I love ya Clown, but perhaps you should leave the spinning to Vic?
    Yes you're right... people that preferred to make unnecessary dot raids or hide in keeps on purpose, to destroy any amusement in playing a video game for others, is fine. Poor sportsmanship happens, so it's okay. "It's tolerable" because everyone else thinks it's fun and even deserved, even if the agenda is to ruin other people's fun. But when "those types" do something that spoils others fun, it's elitist, they ruin EVERYTHING. Do you think you're standing on a soap box or a pedestal?

    If I remember, what happened that night was two groups had two different agendas. And they were both "PvE". One guy in our group decided to be "funny" and take the relic to cause some drama. After a minute or so we asked him to drop the relic, but he refused. I think he liked the attention of being hated when the drama got tense. He had some kind of vendetta. I didn't think it was funny at all, but I can't make a person do something when they don't want to. Neither could the rest of us.

    Let's see here...

    Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    ... You know, by the time I was _____ age, I had just finished building my second house, I was still on my first marriage with two pre-school boys that had just started T-Ball of which I coached. I had two careers going at that time.

    I'm now 55 and semi-retired after completing my Third Career. I was a single father for 19 years and both my boys went to and completed college and now have careers and beautiful families of their own.

    Why do I tell you all this? Just to let you know that your lack of respect is very insignificant and meaningless. Who cares if you respect something or not and what makes you think it matters? ...
    To sum it up it reads, "I'm better than you." To me that's an elitist attitude. Then you told these 2 guys to "grow up and get jobs", an uneducated statement based on stereo type. I forgive you btw.

    Show me one time I called somebody a noob, laughed at them, called them names, made fun of them, or treated them w/ disrespect (in game or in the forums)...

    Btw I enjoy our never ending arguments. Sure beats logging on and crashing after 5 minutes and going LD. :/
    Last edited by the_blah; Dec 02 2012 at 07:08 PM.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by the_blah View Post
    Yes you're right... people that preferred to make unnecessary dot raids or hide in keeps on purpose to destroy any amusement in playing a video game for others are really "okay people" to do so. Poor sportsmanship happens, so it's okay. Condoning such play style "is tolerable" because everyone else thinks it's fun and even deserved, even if the agenda is to ruin other people's fun. But when "those types" does something, it's elitist. Sometimes I don't know if you're on a soap box or a pedestal.

    If I remember, what happened that night was two groups had two different agendas. And they were both "PvE". One guy in our group decided to be "funny" and take the relic. After it went on long enough some of our group asked him to drop the relic, but he refused. Speculating on this, but I think he liked the attention of being hated when the drama got tense. I didn't think it was funny at all, but I can't make people do things when they don't want to. But that's all I remember.
    Like I said, that was just one example of many and if you can't see the difference between that and someone putting together a BA Raid, Spider Raid, Reaver Raid, Minstrel Raid, Guardian Raid, ect..., then I'll just leave it at that.
    I just so happened to be playing Freep when Didnthurt brought out those different Raids and I along with a few others actually enjoyed facing a different challenge. So your right, I didn't consider them to be elitist. Glee may have been a lot of things but an Elitist wasn't one of them.


    Quote Originally Posted by the_blah View Post
    To sum it up it reads, "I'm better than you." To me that's an elitist attitude. Then you told these 2 guys to "grow up and get jobs", an uneducated statement based on stereo type. I forgive you btw.
    You do realize that you did copy that from one of my and Vic's rants, right? The same guy that plays that Dwarf Guardian we are referring to? You also took it out of context but that's ok.. LOL.. If you really want to make Ronnug/Gunnor out to be the one with the elitist attitude then great... hahaha
    Just remember, the first characteristic to being an elitist is actually believing that one's skill is better than everyone else.. Boy am I guilty of that!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by the_blah View Post
    Show me one time I called somebody a noob, laughed at them, called them names, made fun of them, or treated them w/ disrespect (in game or in the forums)...
    Scroll up, I believe I stated somewhere that I don't consider you to have an elitist attitude? I can only guess as to why you get so defensive when the subject comes up.

    I will say this though, that hunter who apologized? Even though he and I may go at it now like a cat and dog, I will always have a strong respect for him for not only apologizing but taking a stance on several other elitist issues he witnessed as well.
    I understand that he and that Guard have kissed and made up and that's a good thing. This is just a game after all.

    Quote Originally Posted by the_blah View Post
    Btw I enjoy our never ending arguments. Sure beats logging on and crashing after 5 minutes and going LD. :/
    You know what, I'm gonna help you out here... After careful consideration, I think you should use my attitude toward you and your elitist friends here on these pvp forums as evidence of me being an elitist. I have been con descendent (think I'm better) when it comes to our PVP Forum Spars. I do kick your booties and you make it so easy... hahahaha

    PS: Here's another one for in-game: Someone just ninja invited me and they didn't have sound enabled. I sent them a tell and they didn't respond so I left group.. Now that's some Elitist chit!!!

    PSII: Oh mercy! I woke up this morning and discovered I have 5 stars.. There's a Win and I wasn't even trying and some more evidence toward my being an Elitist. LQQK quick though, because I'm about to go make some newbie GV camper a very happy camper...
    Last edited by DaxMaxtor; Dec 03 2012 at 09:15 AM.
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  24. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by TQDesign View Post
    This is kinda, funny? Creeps do it too, bud. The only reason you might think freeps do it more, is because (Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but this is how I feel) if I'm getting farmed and I'm really not having fun dying, I'll go somewhere other than the moors, like level an alt. Unlike the creeps, I'm not stuck in the moors.
    Make sense? No? idk. I'm not even making sense to myself right now
    Most people aren't "stuck" in the moors, most have pve chars, but I guess we just like pvp better. but thats really irreverent...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    Creeps certainly disburse when things go south just as freeps do. I've put in ample time on both sides of the fence. Led many raids on both sides of the fence. More than enough to say without a doubt that both sides are guilty of logging when the going gets tough. I'd say at least 50% of the time when me, Aris, Del, or Tarvin have formed raids to bust up a creep or freep farmfest, within 20 minutes, 75% of the population on the opposing side that had been content farming for multiple hours at someone's oneshots, suddenly log off.

    When freeps are in farm mode, they're perfectly content sitting at creep oneshots farming to their heart's content and criticizing creeps for being cowards.

    When creeps are in farm mode, they're perfectly content sitting at freep onehsots farming to their heart's content and criticizing the freeps for being cowards.

    Both sides are guilty of the same acts. When criticizing in the Moors, it's best to include one's self in your criticism. Odds are, you've done it before.

    With that said, there's been quite a few threads since RoR that have criticized freeps for sitting in GV, or this, or that. You critics should be thanking the freeps that have been out and giving you something to do. If not for the few that have stuck it out, creeps would have nothing more than Goldie, An, Ost, Delving Bosses, and other dailies to do. Hell, I don't even know if you can still do Counter Assault lol. Without a doubt, the Ettenmoors is currently the most challenging it has ever been for freeps. I would suggest you critics aiming your criticism at those who are largely responsible for the current inactivity on freepside, the "ezmoders/fotmers" or whatever you'd like to call them. All the players who had been perfectly content on camping oc/lug rez for most of RoI, and now who are perfectly content on camping GV. The players who flock to whichever side is easy to get the easy renown/infamy.



    I like how you presume to know the reasons for my logging. I hardly logged because we "wiped". We had been out for a few hours by that point. We had wiped plenty of creeps and done some wiping ourselves. It was past midnight, I hadn't eaten dinner yet, so I called it a night. I would assume after my departure the same thing happened that often happens on creepside when Grog or Spider log... the raid disbands.

    To all you critics out there of freeps, I cordially invite and will welcome any of you with open arms to come play on freepside. You can come solo, or better yet, you can come fill up, coordinate, and lead a freep raid. I'm sure I speak for more than myself, when I say we'd all love to see how long you guys last.

    xoxoxo

    -Vic
    I have been back on for a couple months now, and at least as far as I have seen, when freeps start pushing creeps into a tight spot a creep raid form, and if it does good, it grows till the freeps dwindle, or till it escalates to a raid v raid fight, but if it goes south, as you say, most of the time, yes the raid disbands, but the same creeps a lot of times are still fighting solo.

    Unless there are so many freeps on that you can't even get in the group to attack without dieing in 5-10 sec, which I am sure there are very few people here that would think that is a whole lot of fun... it becomes pointless. But as a general rule, the creeps keep fighting even when outnumbered.

    And yes I did seem to say the reasoning for your raid logging, which I shouldn't have, but if you look up in my original post, I started by saying I don't know the reasons why freeps log when they do. and as I have said before, there are always exceptions on both sides.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    580
    I've noticed the majority of the people camping GV are people who didnt play much during moria or SOA... Yeah I'll come up and camp for 10 minutes because our noob creeps won't let the freeps out... I'll usually just log for the night. I think the freep pvp population suffers a bit right now because they're all playing their creeps... So many new names ranking quickly... People making 20k in a day... I just hope this games headin in the right direction.... I'm almost hoping there's a hot fix soon to make freeps OP again... Guess only time will tell....

 

 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload